Top BBC presenter ‘stripped to underwear in video call with teen he paid for explicit pictures’

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh dear, it turns out the whole ‘Sun Exclusive’ was a pile of tosh.

But you got to insert ‘virtue signaling’ into the thread, so be happy.

Perhaps the lesson here is another Rupert Murdoch rightwing rag is caught telling outrageous and defamatory porkies.

An example of precisely why the BBC should not be handed over to the self serving billionaires running most of the UK’s media.

Let's wait for the investigation to conclude before we conclude it was a pile of tosh, rather than a report from The Guardian that an alleged crack cocaine addict is now denying it.

Even if this one turns out to be a hoax, it's not like there is a shortage of other controversies to warrant the defunding of this disgraceful, politically biased media company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_controversies

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Let's wait for the investigation to conclude before we conclude it was a pile of tosh, rather than a report from The Guardian that an alleged crack cocaine addict is now denying it.

Even if this one turns out to be a hoax, it's not like there is a shortage of other controversies to warrant the defunding of this disgraceful, politically biased media company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_controversies

I get it Johnny I do, The Sun got your hopes up, but once again Murdoch’s rightwing mouthpiece was lying.

The Sun let you down Johnny, I understand it’s a bit of a blow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's a national disgrace. The Jimmy Saville debacle alone was enough to have it disbanded. 

But this isn’t about Jimmy Saville Johnny, The Sun’s accusations are false, or to use the word’s of the alleged victim’s lawyers, rubbish.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's a national disgrace. The Jimmy Saville debacle alone was enough to have it disbanded. 

I agree about Savile.  Mind you, the scandal could have (should have) brought down the monarchy, the Tory party and the NHS as well! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

But Chohmpher, the investigation hasn't concluded yet.

Besides, if you had read the list I provided you would have seen many, many reasons to defund the BBC. I know they are a valuable tool for the left wing and hence your undying support, but it's really time for them to go.

And go they will. Tick tock. 

The BBC left-wing?  Come on now, that's patently ridiculous!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Davie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

The BBC left-wing?  Come on now, that's patently ridiculous!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Davie

Stop gaslighting.

Everyone knows the BBC is a) left wing, b) Pro EU/Anti Brexit and c) Woke. It's highest paid star Gary Lineker oozes all 3 from every pore, from every tweet.

The fact that every left winger on the forum 100% supports their continued existence while pretending they are right wing is highly amusing. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, JonnyF said:

Stop gaslighting.

Everyone knows the BBC is a) left wing, b) Pro EU/Anti Brexit and c) Woke. It's highest paid star Gary Lineker oozes all 3 from every pore, from every tweet.

The fact that every left winger on the forum 100% supports their continued existence while pretending they are right wing is highly amusing. 

My goodness, so many rightwing buzz words in one off topic post.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2023 at 8:09 AM, Yellowtail said:

Had to be a white, right-wing Christion, Huw Edwards? 

Yes a devout Christian. TalkTV has confirmed that the Presenter is on a 410k salary. Just look up which BBC Christian is on that salary, there is only one (cough Welsh).

Edited by Henryford

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Stop gaslighting.

Good grief!  I assume you don't watch it then, if you think any of that is true.   Gary Lineker presents football programmes, so why is his politics relevant?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

My goodness, so many rightwing buzz words in one off topic post.

Back on topic. 

It's sad to see the young person now feeling so pressured as to deny the story. It reminds me of Mason Greenwood's girlfriend immediately after posting the video of her own abuse.

It does seem the parents are standing by the story though.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/jul/10/claims-about-bbc-presenter-are-rubbish-says-young-person-at-centre-of-scandal

image.png.0f8e0e68760d9eeddeeb7899a2612e75.png

I wonder how much of the public's money will be used by the BBC to make this disappear. Shades of Saville all over again?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Back on topic. 

It's sad to see the young person now feeling so pressured as to deny the story. It reminds me of Mason Greenwood's girlfriend immediately after posting the video of her own abuse.

It does seem the parents are standing by the story though.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/jul/10/claims-about-bbc-presenter-are-rubbish-says-young-person-at-centre-of-scandal

image.png.0f8e0e68760d9eeddeeb7899a2612e75.png

I wonder how much of the public's money will be used by the BBC to make this disappear. Shades of Saville all over again?

Make what disappear?

The family’s lawyer says the whole story is rubbish.

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

The claims. Obviously. Do try to keep up. 

The family says they stand by the claims (see my link above). Seems a lot of muddying the waters happening. Sounds like someone got to the kid. This is far from over. If there are pictures, they'll come out in the end. 

No doubt the child is happy, he is being paid big money, nothing to see here. If the parents have bank statements showing 35000 received then there is a case to answer. No one pays a child 35000 for nothing.

Edited by Pink Mist
Portion of quoted post edited as off topic

On 7/9/2023 at 1:28 PM, cleopatra2 said:

I have not seen these movies so cannot give an opinion.

However why do you think they would fall foul  of the law 

Under the Protection of Children Act 1978, it is an offence to 'make, distribute, possess or show any indecent images of anyone aged under 18' The starts in those movies were under 18, together with several more.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Stop gaslighting.

Here we go again with "everyone knows".  Talk about gaslighting...

• Thumbs Up 2

27 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Under the Protection of Children Act 1978, it is an offence to 'make, distribute, possess or show any indecent images of anyone aged under 18' The starts in those movies were under 18, together with several more.

At the time one of the scenes were shot the UKs legal definition of a child was 16.