Anti trans, anti woke youtuber suggests countries to escape to and he gives Thai ladyboys a pass

34 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

What's the problem?

If you want to get away from "racist, white supremacist" ideology in Arkansas or Texas, you could suggest one moving to the Netherlands.

But there are WHite people in the Netherlands!

can move to Magadonia.... red hat/e required....*small deposit too*

Just now, NoDisplayName said:

You don't have to remove yourself from all societies in which WHite people are present, to avoid associating with some bad WHite people.

Why are you even talking to me a out this off topic subject???

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Most woke people can't define it either.

There's no mania on the anti-woke side.

The plenty of manic folks on the woke end of the spectrum from what I see.

And it's being supported and pushed by the left media

I look at woke as being people falling over themselves to impress others, and show they are open and free, and do so for all sorts of reasons. But many people who actually want to do good and who do do good get lumped in with them.

Is woke people really something to worry about. If someone is a bit over zealous does it make a bit of difference. 

Have trans people had any impact on your life.

I find it hard to see why people get so passionate about such a minor thing in society. So many other things to get excited about. 

3 hours ago, FruitPudding said:
3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Me too, 35+ years ago when 'woke' was considered to be normal sensible common sense thinking, attitudes and behaviors.

Can you give some examples of such common sense behaviors and attitudes?

I think it's just gone radical.

Basically, "woke" used to mean knowing things like racism being bad, that everyone should be treated the same, and there were injustices that really needed to be addressed.  Now "woke" means pointless virtue-signalling and pandering to the extreme, particularly things that are nonsensical/fake, have the opposite effect that they are intended to, and that ruin some form of art.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah not an attack word.

Thats the ticket.

It isn't an attack word as it isn't used exclusively to attack people.  It's mainly used in very legitimate criticism.

And of course, people know what it means.  You simply want to try to stop people using it as you like the things that it is used to critique.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, scorecard said:

So you bailed because of colour?

Not at all.

What a bizarre assumption.

Again DUH my decision to move to Thailand and its timing had absolutely nothing to do with politics. 

Edited by Jingthing

2 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Most woke people can't define it either.

There's no mania on the anti-woke side.

The plenty of manic folks on the woke end of the spectrum from what I see.

And it's being supported and pushed by the left media

The extreme left is pushing the woke agenda, and both the moderate dems, and the right are pushing back. Very few like it. Alot just go along with it. Being "not PC" has its risks these days. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Not at all.

What a bizarre assumption.

Again DUH my decision to move to Thailand and its timing had absolutely nothing to do with politics. 

Read your post again. I suggest some folks (repeat some folks), including me, would assume you were making a negative comment about obama being elected.

Thanks for clarifying that my interpretation of your post was wrong.

21 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Read your post again. I suggest some folks (repeat some folks), including me, would assume you were making a negative comment about obama being elected.

Thanks for clarifying that my interpretation of your post was wrong.

Yes, you completely misread my post. 

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The extreme left is pushing the woke agenda, and both the moderate dems, and the right are pushing back. Very few like it. Alot just go along with it. Being "not PC" has its risks these days. 

I call B.S.

What is anti woke now?

It's bigoted implicitly pro Putin videos such as featured in this topic and fascist politicians like DeSantis who is obsessed with demonizing LGBT people, especially trans people, and also white washing black history. 

I think your perception of what is going on with this woke politics thing is horribly DATED.

The people being attacked and it's almost all coming from the far right (which is basically the right in the U.S.) as woke do NOT identify as woke. 

The concept has been completely PERVERTED. 

Your take may have made more sense some years ago. It doesn't now.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

About the proposed village in Russia for escaping right wing Americans.

I don't know if this will ever happen but of course from Russia's POV it would be a propaganda win and the Americans would be allowing themselves to be used for that purpose.

Russian propaganda and right wing American rhetoric have been nearly identical. 

Russia to Build Village for Americans Tired of Liberals: State Media (businessinsider.com)

The American far-right's Russian embrace | On Point (wbur.org)

Edited by Jingthing

12 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Basically, "woke" used to mean knowing things like racism being bad, that everyone should be treated the same, and there were injustices that really needed to be addressed.  Now "woke" means pointless virtue-signalling and pandering to the extreme, particularly things that are nonsensical/fake, have the opposite effect that they are intended to, and that ruin some form of art.

Woke = whinger

13 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

So Trump is woke? He panders to the extreme, is often nonsensical and dishonest and agrees with removing literature he doesn't like from libraries. 

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I look at woke as being people falling over themselves to impress others, and show they are open and free, and do so for all sorts of reasons. But many people who actually want to do good and who do do good get lumped in with them.

Is woke people really something to worry about. If someone is a bit over zealous does it make a bit of difference. 

Have trans people had any impact on your life.

I've not been affected by it due to living in Thailand, but I would not want to be in the West.

What's going on in schools over there in the name of wokeness is just sick.

Also, France (and other parts of Europe) is pretty much burning to the ground and this is largely due to woke do-gooders making the country vulnerable. The Left are also joining in with these riots, so they support it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alanrchase said:

So Trump is woke? He panders to the extreme, is often nonsensical and dishonest and agrees with removing literature he doesn't like from libraries. 

Friends with Jenner. More woke than many.

19 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I call BS.

Some of the worst air quality on the planet. CM

Cool ocean breezes.

Great international restaurants.

Easy access to BKK and Bangkok.

Pleasant proximity to ocean.

The most popular beach resort big city in Asia. 

Incredible value for housing.

The treasure of the 10 baht busses.

Pattaya.

I prefer to live in Thailand, w/Thai people - - -