Son of woman who lost leg in Don Mueang incident says airport bosses “silent”

snoop1130

pUol9g7ukPUBTly5vhbr.jpg

The son of a woman who had to have part of her leg amputated after a shocking incident on a moving walkway at Bangkok’s Don Mueang Airport says airport bosses have remained silent with little contact following the incident.

Krit Kittirattana says there’s been no update from airport officials as to how the investigation is progressing, despite his mother, Suphannee Kittirattana, providing statements to investigating authorities.

According to a Coconuts report, Krit says his mother is recovering, but her life has been forever changed as a result of the June 29 incident. It’s understood his mother was a carer to his grandparents and also enjoyed travel and holidays. Her son says her life will never be the same again although her recovery was progressing well.

By Peter Roche

Caption: PHOTO: Spring News

#news

Full Story: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/national-news/son-of-woman-who-lost-leg-in-don-mueang-incident-says-airport-bosses-silent/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2023-07-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

So according to the article:

"goes on to say that airport bosses have provided no update on progress and have not shared any CCTV footage of the incident. Krit says the expense of his mother’s ongoing medical treatment is also a concern, as well as the rehabilitation she will need."

Have the police been provided with the CCTV footage? I though the 'Airport' authorities said they would pay for all medical expenses?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Thai style, when guilty say nothing.

Probably still trying to find a get out of payment plan.

Don't want to incriminate themselves. Hoping it will quietly go away.

I recently dealt with a situation like this, won't go into details, but when I made my move there was complete silence from the other parties involved. Not unexpected, it takes honesty and courage to be a man.

You would hope they would feel a sense of shame, but I doubt they are thinking about anything other than saving their own skin. 

Edited by Mr Meeseeks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hard to imagine the pain and dread going through this trauma.  

Couldn't that have bought new screws in 37 years?   Punitive damages should be 100 mil baht minimum. Her damages should be 30 mil baht

• Like 1