Public Urged to Prepare for Emergent ’Langya’ Virus

webfact

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Not really in Pattaya area.... 

Boo  hoo he is wearing a mask.... so important I will post it on a forum.!

and the other 69 million thai ? 

boo hoo he said something i didn't like on a forum about not wearing masks. 

Just now, stoner said:

Go away, you are arguing for argument's sake. Too much pot I suspect.  Another for the sin bin!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stoner said:

I honestly wish I didn't find face masks so uncomfortable otherwise I'd wear them all the time.

The entertainment value gained knowing how much I was annoying certain other people, whom it has no effect on whatsoever, would be immeasurable.  It's a bit like being on an ED or volunteer visa.

• Haha 1

Just now, stoner said:

i am amazed by the social conditioning nothing more. 

Okay.... I'll  rephrase my post.

"The entertainment value gained knowing how much I was amazing certain other people, whom it has no effect on whatsoever, would be immeasurable."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayClay said:

Okay.... I'll  rephrase my post.

"The entertainment value gained knowing how much I was amazing certain other people, whom it has no effect on whatsoever, would be immeasurable."

you sound like a thai govt official with your flip flop. keep at it. 

“Dr Wasan nevertheless assured that Thailand is ready to respond to health threats, such as by utilizing clinical metagenomics technology todetect infectious diseases of unknown origins.”

Another verbal diarrhea by a Thai academic. Detecting is one thing responding is another. Tell us what the response is fool. Just likes using big words and showing off his toys. 

From Wikipedia, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henipavirus :

Langya henipavirus (LayV), also known as Langya virus, is a species of henipavirus first detected in the Chinese provinces of Shandong and Henan.[1][2][3] It has been announced in 35 patients from 2018 to August 2022.[1][4][5] All but 9 of the 35 cases in China were infected with LayV only, with the symptoms including fever, fatigue, and cough.[2][6] No deaths due to LayV have been reported as of August 2022.[2][6][7] Langya henipavirus affects species including humans, dogs, goats, and its presumed original host, shrews.[1][8][9] The 35 cases were not in contact with each other, and it is not known as of August 2022 if the virus is capable of human-to-human transmission.[7][10][11]

First detected in China in 2018, so far found in 35 patients, within a four-year period; no deaths reported so far.

"closely monitored by scientists worldwide and the World Health Organization (WHO)" (since when and how?); no news on the Internet about it having been detected in any other country.

Why, I wonder, does Associate Professor Dr Wasan Chantratita Head of the Virology Laboratory and Medical Genomic Center at Ramathibodi Hospital of Mahidol University, now spout scaremongering comments about it? Has this learned associate professor heard about it only now?

On 7/11/2023 at 6:55 AM, worgeordie said:

Another Chinese virus coming our way ,

regard worgeordie

On 7/11/2023 at 7:30 AM, mfd101 said:

Chinese exports are a double-edged sword in more ways than one!

On 7/11/2023 at 9:04 AM, digger70 said:

Is this an other Made in China Virus .

They don't mind sharing to the rest off the world hey.

On 7/11/2023 at 2:16 PM, Caldera said:

China, virus factory of the world

The virus was first detected five years ago in China but apparently nowhere else yet on planet Earth, despite close monitoring by scientists worldwide and the World Health Organization (WHO). Are Chinese scientists so much better in detecting new pathogens than their colleagues in other countries?

On 7/12/2023 at 8:01 AM, AustinRacing said:

“Dr Wasan nevertheless assured that Thailand is ready to respond to health threats, such as by utilizing clinical metagenomics technology todetect infectious diseases of unknown origins.”

Another verbal diarrhea by a Thai academic. Detecting is one thing responding is another. Tell us what the response is fool. Just likes using big words and showing off his toys. 

diseases from which noone dies and many people don't even get sick are often hard to detect.....

Needed a lot technology to find out that one of my customer was sick...he was complete OK.....but per test sick

3 minutes ago, Puccini said:

The virus was first detected five years ago in China but apparently nowhere else yet on planet Earth, despite close monitoring by scientists worldwide and the World Health Organization (WHO). Are Chinese scientists so much better in detecting new pathogens than their colleagues in other countries?

they might be so much closer to the next lab with virus experiments

9 minutes ago, Puccini said:

I would say the virus is endemic to China *, in the Chinese countryside the population lives very close

to various animals ,like in the same house , then in cities the markets are just petri dishes for the 

development of viruses and bacterias ,  * for now !!!!

regards Worgeordie

I have a feeling that Associate Professor Dr Wasan Chantratita read this letter to the editor of the International Journal of Surgery and turned the text

...The recently available but limited data still fails to raise any worrisome concerns of global health panic or pandemic level spread of LayV...

into 

...has potential ramifications for global health...has raised concerns about a potential increase in transmission rates and similarities with the COVID-19 coronavirus...

or an AI content creator produced that text.

52 minutes ago, Puccini said:

Chinese scientists may or may not be smarter maybe they are good  in making  a new virus .

Wasn't the world scientists lookin into that a few years ago? didn't they suspect China for hiding things and making things ,Either way nothing's  been proven as Yet.