Airport arrest: Singaporean thief caught red-handed, fleecing German tourist in Bangkok

snoop1130

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

German guest had entrusted them with his valuables, including 100,000 baht in cash, a laptop, and his passport.

And the hotel  staff gave the Singaporean a German passport?

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Correct. Owner is supposed to provide a claim ticket received from hotel staff.

Not all hotels do this. I would never trust them. Some want keys when you go out. No way, they leave desk unattended.

The german guy should buy a laptop bag, carry it with him

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

According to the hotel, a German guest had entrusted them with his valuables, including 100,000 baht in cash, a laptop, and his passport.

The Singaporean thief approached the hotel staff, deceitfully claiming ownership of the items, and managed to walk away with everything before checking out of the hotel.

Quite the mix-up?

• Like 1

Thr victim was way too trusting regarding the hotel's ability to always identify him ands the real owner through all staff changes. I could never be this trusting but tend to play "Best/worst scenario" in my head and here "worst" would always win. He's lucky he got his stuff back.

The question is, how did the Singaporean know that the victim had done this?

13 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Wow, I'm shocked that the RTP did such a quick job, and that the thief was Singaporean!

, and that the thief was Singaporean!....Maybe 50 Lashes with The Cane for that when he gets home ??

3 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

He was sitting in the lobby pretending to read a newspaper?

Nothing in the article, so we can only guess. Something tells me they didn't know each other and the thief spotted a brazen opportunity but that's unproven as well.

On 7/12/2023 at 11:12 AM, ChipButty said:

get a good flogging in Singapore 

Follow up. Hold off on the flogging.

It was a mix-up, room 614 or 416.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1300862-singaporean-man’s-bangkok-airport-mix-up-leads-to-arresting-headlines/

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singaporean-says-hotel-blunder-led-to-his-arrest-at-bangkok-airport-for-room-theft

On 7/11/2023 at 5:01 PM, rwill said:

The question is how could the hotel staff allow this?

Some details are left out. I assumed that the Singaporean man had befriended the German who then entrusted him with the stuff. They had to assume the man was The German mans partner or butler or something. 

Edited by Harsh Jones