New passport so went to bank to tell them

1 hour ago, lungbing said:

All I've got to do now is to remember that in ten years time so I don't make a pillock of myself again.

Set a timer on your phone for 10 years, with a note to self. "don't be a a pillock "  :tongue:

PS: I was there yesterday to apply for a credit card , and they were very professional and helpful. Then I went over to the Swensen's for ice-cream. So it pays to be a " "pillock" if you treat yourself :smile:

• Haha 2

Really no big deal, I think - certainly not when compared to all those bloody bureaucratic hoops we Brits here in LOS are forced to jump through at passport renewal time, thanks to those masters of bungling incompetence and ineptitude known as HMPO!

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, sirineou said:

I was there yesterday to apply for a credit card , and they were very professional and helpful.

Off the topic, but I am thinking of getting a credit card.

Are there any requirements ?

I have a bank account with my bank and could also show them funds in my overseas account.

Just thinking to get one if booking plane tickets in the future as AirAsia cancelled a flight I was going to get on to connect with my other flight and they said they would put me on the next flight, I declined and they said would refund me, that was 9 months ago, suffice to say I believe if I have a credit card the bank could sort it ?

Also is there an annual fee ?

You can PM me if you like as I mentioned it is off topic.

Edited by 4MyEgo

On 7/13/2023 at 12:50 AM, lungbing said:

Kasikorn bank, Lotus Mittrapharp, Khon Kaen.    I completely confused the young lady teller as I gave her my second account passbook to update with my new passport details.  I had already done my main account a month ago but didn't have the 2nd account passbook with me at the time.

In the end she rang the helpline and I explained it to them and they explained to me that it is the account holder that has the passport number in their details, not each account.  So when I did it previously that covered all my accounts.   All I've got to do now is to remember that in ten years time so I don't make a pillock of myself again.

I have no idea what you are on about but I do know that passport numbers do change when you renew them (unlike Thai national ID cards) so best to keep all your old passports that you opened Thai bank accounts with so you can proove you are the account holder should the need arise like lost Internet banking or ATM password.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 7/13/2023 at 12:41 PM, OJAS said:

Really no big deal, I think - certainly not when compared to all those bloody bureaucratic hoops we Brits here in LOS are forced to jump through at passport renewal time, thanks to those masters of bungling incompetence and ineptitude known as HMPO!

Your experience doesn't match mine. As for dealing with Thai banks, I needed a new ATM card and went to the main Bangkok Bank branch which is where I have my account. I wanted a Mastercard one and not Union Pay. Since I got my original card I had changed my passport, so it took about and hour and at least 15 signatures (I lost count) to get my new card.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 7:50 PM, lungbing said:

Kasikorn bank, Lotus Mittrapharp, Khon Kaen.    I completely confused the young lady teller as I gave her my second account passbook to update with my new passport details.  I had already done my main account a month ago but didn't have the 2nd account passbook with me at the time.

In the end she rang the helpline and I explained it to them and they explained to me that it is the account holder that has the passport number in their details, not each account.  So when I did it previously that covered all my accounts.   All I've got to do now is to remember that in ten years time so I don't make a pillock of myself again.

I actually was just wondering about that.  Thanks!

I went to Bangkok bank when I got my new passport , no worries nothing needs to be changed until there is a problem sort of attitude. (waste of time )

Went to the Driiving license office , no worries ,  will change it when you renew your license next time..

• Haha 1

Bangkok bank seems to differ. They have signature and passport number on each account book in UV ink. So when I updated my passport details they even gave me new passbook and stamped the old book as finished

On 7/13/2023 at 12:41 PM, OJAS said:

Passport renewal is really not that difficult...unless you choose to make it so !

On 7/13/2023 at 1:11 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Off the topic, but I am thinking of getting a credit card.

Are there any requirements ?

I have a bank account with my bank and could also show them funds in my overseas account.

Just thinking to get one if booking plane tickets in the future as AirAsia cancelled a flight I was going to get on to connect with my other flight and they said they would put me on the next flight, I declined and they said would refund me, that was 9 months ago, suffice to say I believe if I have a credit card the bank could sort it ?

Also is there an annual fee ?

You can PM me if you like as I mentioned it is off topic.

You need a work permit to get a credit card, and they will only give you a secured card which will be just about useless compared to a debit card.

• Thanks 1

I've had Kasikornbank since 2004 (when it was Thai Farmers - remember that?). I have always found their contact centre - English language - very helpful on the rare occasions needed to call. Always better by calling the contact centre rather than going into any branch - I was told by one branch that I had to go into the account holding branch 780kms away to update - Wrong!). I was able to change address and update new passport info by phone (and email copy of new passport) in 2019. Very pleased with service and support from Kbank support.

Edited by soi3eddie
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, brianthainess said:

And what is the procedure to change it.?

Go to the nearest Land Transport office, explain what you want.

Then stand there pulling out your hair after some dimwit who is serving you looks at you with mouth open and a glazed shocked look in their eyes.

You WANT me to work  ????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Everyman said:

You need a work permit to get a credit card, and they will only give you a secured card which will be just about useless compared to a debit card.

Thx for that, I will check out what my bank is offering overseas, if there is no annual fee, I might apply for one.

On 7/15/2023 at 8:10 AM, Grumpy one said:

Go to the nearest Land Transport office, explain what you want.

Then stand there pulling out your hair after some dimwit who is serving you looks at you with mouth open and a glazed shocked look in their eyes.

You WANT me to work  ????

That’s better then when they turn to their colleague and say “Alai wa?” 

that makes me want to slap them into next week. so unbelievably rude.