infections between leg

h90

I sit on a kind of bicycle at home something at least 10 hours per week, maybe 15.

From time to time I get some acne like infection, mostly where the leg is connected with the rest of the body.

It seems to be not direct on the surface, but "inside" the skin/below the skin and therefor it does not react very good to cream. And than sitting on it 2 hours every day is not helpful as well.

Additional if there is one, it sometimes spread.

Of course I try to keep the area clean, take always fresh shorts etc. But it is a damp area.

When I get it I try to fight it with Garamycin cream and it does work but it does not work too fast. And I don't like the idea of using it all the time.

Any idea on how to treat it more efficient? (Years ago I tried tiger balm.....that can not be used in this area....)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, actonion said:

A similar problem was found  by an Urologist  who prescribed  " Canestan" anti  fungal cream available at  most big pharmacies,  that worked for me 

Anti fungal? For me it looks pretty much like a normal bacterial infection. Usually just 1 pimple, that is hard inside.....in a few cases 2 close to each other.

And when it is gone...there is usually between 2 weeks and 2 month all OK. Fungal would be rather a bigger area and constant problem, or?

My current working theory is that I rub some bacteria into the skin or into the opening for a hair (I am pretty hairy there, don't know if everyone is hairy there or not)

• Haha 1

It's a fungal infection ...... the only thing that will fix it is ........

The bad news being the fungus spores live in your underwear, shorts, towels, bed linen, so once you have it, it's forever, and the cream costs around 80bht for a tube that will last a month.

Screenshot_20171110-111758.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

I have contracted this infection in my groin area over several years. My doctor said it was fungal infection due to the warm and moist area of my groin whilst living in tropical conditions with high humidity. I was told it was caused by the wearing of tight clothing and I remember my UK doctor telling me to "ditch my Y-Fronts, wear boxer shorts and let it all hang free"! I recently suffered another infection and my Khmer doctor prescribed Clotrimazole Fungizap gel.

Cost me 7,000 riels (1.75 $US). Wonderful stuff which cleared my infection in no time!

Subira Pharmaceticals Pvt. Ltd.

• Thumbs Up 2

42 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

Are you not allowed to sit on the sofa, then?

I guess I didn't sit on any sofa since years :cheesy:

Either sit on the bicycle, sit on the table eating, sit in the office working, or sleeping. Or read a book in the bed because to tired to sit :cheesy:.

Before I drank a lot beer, but now with the many hours bicycle I am too tired to it, fall asleep at 6PM, which results that I am finished tired at 2AM. Than what else to do in the morning than bicycle...so the cycle begins new.....

Might sound complete crazy but for sure more healthy than drinking every evening like most in my age do.....

28 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Probably caused by cycling and hot sweaty conditions. Cyclists often use chamois cream, personally i use an alternative of coconut oil

yes sure from the cycling....Coconut oil might be easier to source...will try that first...thanks!

30 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

I have contracted this infection in my groin area over several years. My doctor said it was fungal infection due to the warm and moist area of my groin whilst living in tropical conditions with high humidity. I was told it was caused by the wearing of tight clothing and I remember my UK doctor telling me to "ditch my Y-Fronts, wear boxer shorts and let it all hang free"! I recently suffered another infection and my Khmer doctor prescribed Clotrimazole Fungizap gel.

Cost me 7,000 riels (1.75 $US). Wonderful stuff which cleared my infection in no time!

Subira Pharmaceticals Pvt. Ltd.

I had that 20+ years ago.......but that what I have now is I think a bacterial infection.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like a cyst, probably from an ingrown hair. I get them too, about twice a year or so. I just let them drain on their own, then they get hard and are not noticeable. 

I had a real big and bad one about 4 years ago, went to the Doctor in the US to get it lanced. He refused and just gave me some antibiotics, which cleared it up in a few days.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, h90 said:

yes sure from the cycling....Coconut oil might be easier to source...will try that first...thanks!

I tried massage coconut oil but I wasn't convinced it was genuine so i bought cooking coconut oil, worked fine and is much cheaper

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Trippy said:

Sounds like a cyst, probably from an ingrown hair. I get them too, about twice a year or so. I just let them drain on their own, then they get hard and are not noticeable. 

I had a real big and bad one about 4 years ago, went to the Doctor in the US to get it lanced. He refused and just gave me some antibiotics, which cleared it up in a few days.

I would not notice them (or it, usually just 1), if they would not be exactly on the pressure point on the saddle. And with every movement of the leg it really takes out the fun from it,,,

7 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I tried massage coconut oil but I wasn't convinced it was genuine so i bought cooking coconut oil, worked fine and is much cheaper

we should have some coconut cooking oil at home....unless wife used it finish.

Contact dermatitis.  Cortosteroid cream like Betnovate or Dermovate.
But that's just a guess.  I could be a lot of things.
Go visit a doctor and get a professional diagnosis, and then if it reoccurs you'll know how to handle it.

11 minutes ago, connda said:

Contact dermatitis.  Cortosteroid cream like Betnovate or Dermovate.
But that's just a guess.  I could be a lot of things.
Go visit a doctor and get a professional diagnosis, and then if it reoccurs you'll know how to handle it.

Sound advice.

I have suffered from what i thought were infected hair Folicles always in the same place top of the thighs an area where you can't see it starts off as a small lump like a boil within a few days erupts into a full-blown abscess due to your undies rubbing it. Turns out its a small artery that has burst just under the skin it can't escape so it builds up eventually it has to be drained because the cut cannot be sewed The wound is left to heal daily a nurse visits every day to change the dressing and the Gauze that is packed into the open wound your in Agony because the blood has congealed so the dressing is stuck in the open wound.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Do mean a stationary bike?

Perhaps stop and see if it clears up. 

basically a stationary bike....a road bike clamped on some "braking unit" and you can simulate street ridding on internet (zwift.com).

Yes I try to replace part of the ridding with running, but it need time, you can't start to run 15km every day from zero....you get way bigger problems in the bones, joints, tendons.

• Thumbs Up 2