Crushing tragedy: Cement truck crash claims life of Swedish motorcyclist in Pathum Thani

webfact

image.jpeg

A cement truck collided with a motorcycle carrying two Swedish men in Pathum Thani province near Bangkok, resulting in one death and one severe injury.

Officers from Sam Kok Police Station swiftly responded to the collision along the Prem Prachakon canal road yesterday at 3.20pm. Upon arrival, they discovered an Isuzu cement truck with noticeable damage to its front bumper, with the victim’s Honda Dream motorcycle wedged beneath it.

Approximately 10 meters away from the truck, a Swedish man was found injured, blood streaming from his mouth and nose. Sadly, alongside the roadside, officers encountered the lifeless body of another Swedish man. Tragically, he lay in a pool of his blood, bearing a severe head wound, while his legs and arms were fractured.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/crushing-tragedy-cement-truck-crash-claims-life-of-swedish-motorcyclist-in-pathum-thani

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 4

Straight

Thairath reports the two on the motorbike came out from a side alley on the right side, onto the road in front of the approaching concrete truck.

Both students at Sangthian Noi muay Thai camp; deceased aged 21, injured pillion aged 15.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

God...Awful.

May have pulled past uncut tree branches with a blind spot as they got into the road...something like that.

Just did that on my mountain bike other day at a busy bit back in UK. In retrospect, I'd have been wiped if a car was coming....

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Screaming said:

I am always amazed at the reckless, dangerous manner in which many foreigners drive their motorbikes around Thailand. I am sure they would never do this in their home country. So why do they do it here in Thailand? A death wish perhaps. 

some check their brains at the airport....big head and little head.....  stay safe gents!

52 minutes ago, Screaming said:

I am always amazed at the reckless, dangerous manner in which many foreigners drive their motorbikes around Thailand. I am sure they would never do this in their home country. So why do they do it here in Thailand? A death wish perhaps. 

I see it every day in CM, a lot of them foolishly just want to be noticed, like speeding up to cut in front of me. Maybe they have a thing for me, like take me on a date, I don’t know, but it’s a weird eyesore.

56 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

God...Awful.

May have pulled past uncut tree branches with a blind spot as they got into the road...something like that.

Just did that on my mountain bike other day at a busy bit back in UK. In retrospect, I'd have been wiped if a car was coming....

Could.nt see but pulled outanyway, common trait here.

8 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I am always amazed at the reckless, dangerous manner in which many Thais drive their trucks around Thailand. I am sure they would never do this if there were a proper Police force, checks on vehicles, checks on driving standards, and punishments for breaking traffic laws.

My thoughts are the same as yours.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, NextG said:

Why post this nonsense? They are no more. Have at least a little respect. I keep in mind that some are used to traffic being on the other side of the road. It might only take a moment of confusion..

as i told some tourists the other day of you choose to ride a motorbike do so at your own risk

we all make choices daily......he made his.......I also dont walk on train tracks...or play with fire...

he chose to enter a new country and ride a motorbike......i had nothing to do with his choice and by that dent in the truck i would argue his speed..

ignorance is bliss some may say---can also get u killed here.....as this is pretty common here...

lastly you are free to ignore my nonsense..hover mouse over my avatar..click ignore....

On 7/14/2023 at 12:50 AM, Screaming said:

Yeah. I have a motorcycle licence and experience. I assume nobody sees me and that I am about to get smeared at every moment. The most dangerous points is where you have the right of way. But this is where a lot of inexperienced ppl stop being attentive. Oh hey I clearly have the right of way. This is simple.

On 7/14/2023 at 9:50 AM, Screaming said:

Foreigners? Look at how thai people drive, and they risk understanding.. Foreigners atleast have a better education in driving.

• Like 1