Online trends - do you know what is happening online? Do you care?

16 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I don't have time to watch 3 hour podcasts, but they break it down into shorter segments (ie Lex clips). 

Sometimes I can't sleep. And then I watch an hour. And maybe the next day another hour. Maybe if I think long enough about the interviews then I recognize what makes them special. Somehow I know that sometimes the length makes them special in a way a short interview couldn't do. 

On 7/16/2023 at 3:37 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

How about you? Do you know about all those things which go viral? Do you care? Does it enhance your life?

Or are you mostly ignorant about trends and live a happy and, some people would say, ignorant life?

I'm 56 years old and have all of the same interests I've had since I was 18, plus a load more things that are new.  So yes, I am very active on all social media, keeping my self up to date with trends in music, fashion, technology etc 

I'm the same person I was at 18 and basically I'm trying to stay 18 for as long as I can.  

I keep up with current events, news, etc.  I’m not a big fan of Instagram, Facebook, especially Twitter. 
A person is going to do and keep up what interests them.  Just because a person has no interest in certain things.  Doesn’t make them ignorant.  
Now if a person says they have no interest in anything.  Except for booze, being a recluse, and complaining.  I would say that’s an issue 

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sometimes I can't sleep. And then I watch an hour. And maybe the next day another hour. Maybe if I think long enough about the interviews then I recognize what makes them special. Somehow I know that sometimes the length makes them special in a way a short interview couldn't do. 

check out this video man.

its a couple who quit their job to travel around italy.

in this video, they are eating in a very expensive steak house in florence and drinking expensive wine. the entire video is them eating dinner. 

check out 5:14 of the video. the guy says "the donate us a pizza link is in the bottom" and his gf starts laughing.

these bloggers are getting people to donate money to them to pay for their travels by posting videos of themselves eating in restaurants.

i find this completely stupid that people give donations for this. 

this is a perfect demonstration of the idiocy of the modern social media generation - donating money to watch people eat in a restaurant. they're even laughing at their audience. 

Edited by save the frogs
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, save the frogs said:

in this video, they are eating in a very expensive steak house in florence and drinking expensive wine. the entire video is them eating dinner. 

check out 5:14 of the video. the guy says "the donate us a pizza link is in the bottom" and his gf starts laughing.

these bloggers are getting people to donate money to them to pay for their travels by posting videos of themselves eating in restaurants.

this is a perfect demonstration of the idiocy of the modern social media generation - donating money to watch people eat in a restaurant. they're even laughing at their audience. 

Thanks

I trust what you write, I don't want to look at it.

I have to admit I know such a person who watches videos from other people eating, my gf does that.

My gf is a good cook, and sometimes she watches videos how people prepare food. Fine.

But watching how other people stuff their faces with a microphone setup to amplify all those eating noises? Disgusting. But she, and others, watch it. Amazing...

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think he is very good in what he is doing. And he does it different than many others. Sometimes he has 4h interviews.

Who among us has 4 hours to watch talking heads? Life is too short for myself to do that.

Must be a lot of people out there without a life, IMO.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks

I trust what you write, I don't want to look at it.

I have to admit I know such a person who watches videos from other people eating, my gf does that.

My gf is a good cook, and sometimes she watches videos how people prepare food. Fine.

But watching how other people stuff their faces with a microphone setup to amplify all those eating noises? Disgusting. But she, and others, watch it. Amazing...

Amazing, not really. When Big Brother was a "thing" on tv, they'd keep showing it when they were all asleep.

NB I would never ever actually turn on such a nauseatingly banal show, but it was on in a shop window and I was waiting for a bus at the time.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Who among us has 4 hours to watch talking heads? Life is too short for myself to do that.

Went cycling for 25km this morning including 2 big hills, I'm pretty much done for the day and will sit around drinking and fiddling around on the internet/movies/music while lazing on the sofa. Normal day for a retired person IMHO.

Mu only further obligation today is to collect my kid from school at 4pm.

14 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I'm the same person I was at 18 and basically I'm trying to stay 18 for as long as I can.  

Me too,

The only real change is access to unlimited sex age 52-70 Vs almost ZERO access to sex at age 18-52. Not to mention the ladies are 7-9s now Vs 4-6s then.

Edited by BritManToo

24 minutes ago, BenStark said:

I fell out with the members only facebook page owner (bunnies are <deleted>) and deleted all my content. It's on several other 'members only' sites that Google can't view. I generally only post on private FB pages which you need to be a member to view.

It was widely shared but the public French site are infringing my copyright.

Here's one of her (Brown) today, she spends most of the day sitting by me and loves wholewheat bread.

IMG_20230719_112343.jpg

This is another of my rabbits 'Cookie' that only got 3k views ...........

IMG_20230317_141720.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, save the frogs said:

this is a perfect demonstration of the idiocy of the modern social media generation - donating money to watch people eat in a restaurant

The one i like now
is people watching videos of people watching videos.????

• Haha 1

I am online alot, but don't care for Twitter, or Instagram, and refuse to watch Tiktok. 

I abhor the whole viral nonsense thing. It is a symbol of a declining culture. The more popular something is, the less interest I have in it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:31 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I think climate change will bring about mass starvation, as IMO humans have exceeded their welcome on planet earth and seems to me that Gaia is gearing up to reduce our numbers.

yeah , climate change will cause all the places that are almost uninhabitable to be actually uninhabitable, and under the management of the woke, all the other countries that have  worked hard to become developed, will bankrupt themselves trying to fight nature.

Just leave things alone and let nature take its course, it's a much better idea, we don't all have to suffer.

millions of years of human existence and some people still build villages 10 miles or more from water!   There is no point or future  in helping people like that. Natural selection will save the planet, we are of no consequence in the long term or the great scheme of things

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ok, this one is only 2.5 hours. I enjoyed it.

I also enjoy reading long books. Sometimes I think books are more interesting, sometimes videos.

7 hours ago, save the frogs said:

All bloggers ask for donations. Buy me a coffee etc

Idiots galore give to them. Paid actors.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Name the top 5 things you did last 12 months?

18 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

some people still build villages 10 miles or more from water!   There is no point or future  in helping people like that.

I saw a video where they talked about issues like that.

100 years ago, many people died in natural disasters. Now very few (relatively speaking) die.

And often the people suffer who built i.e. near the sea and then a tornado destroys their house. Years ago, people were smart enough not to build houses in risk locations like that.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

All bloggers ask for donations. Buy me a coffee etc

That reminds me of a Bangkok blogger. He also talked about "buy me a coffee".

I offered him to actually buy him a coffee in Bangkok. He never replied. 

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me of a Bangkok blogger. He also talked about "buy me a coffee".

I offered him to actually buy him a coffee in Bangkok. He never replied. 

I travel a lot. Cant be arsed filming it. Be 88 temples and coffee with mrs.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bignok said:

I travel a lot. Cant be arsed filming it

Mostly I also don't take pictures. I concentrate on what I see, and the "pictures" will be in my memory forever.

If I want to see pictures of [insert anywhere where tourists go], then I can find many pictures from any angle on the internet. 

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Mostly I also don't take pictures. I concentrate on what I see, and the "pictures" will be in my memory forever.

If I want to see pictures of [insert anywhere where tourists go], then I can find many pictures from any angle on the internet. 

My mrs takes pics not stop. She writes down temple names.

• Haha 1