Online trends - do you know what is happening online? Do you care?

21 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I'd rather be single and never have sex than settle for someone who's less than an 8 (based on looks).  

I'd rather be single and never have sex than get involved with an 8 or above self entitled princess that thinks they are special, and men are privileged to be allowed anywhere near her.

I'd rather be with an average looking woman that actually likes me and doesn't expect me to be a wealthy superstud.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd rather be single and never have sex than get involved with an 8 or above self entitled princess that thinks they are special, and men are privileged to be allowed anywhere near her.

I'd rather be with an average looking woman that actually likes me and doesn't expect me to be a wealthy superstud.

You’re single and not having any sex aren’t you?

On 7/21/2023 at 11:47 AM, Freddy42OZ said:

We're going a bit off topic, but It's the other way around for me.  

Until I was 41 I lived in Hong Kong and had access to loads of hot Western women, all well educated and most with high paying jobs.  I slept with hundreds of them and my standards are very high they all needed to be hot enough that I'd marry them; plus a handful of different Asian nationalities and an Indian model (7 years with her!). 

I'm still good friends with around 100-200 of them, although we only communicate online as they now live all over the world and none are in Thailand.

Since moving to Thailand in 2008 I've slept with maybe 6-10 different Thai girls, only one of which was even close to being marriage material.

I have had periods spanning years in Thailand where I couldn't find anyone worth trying to date. 

Thankfully in 2020 I met my current GF, who you've probably heard me mention is Russian.  She's easily a 9/10 or even a 10.  Way hotter than any Thai woman, plus her English is perfect, she's better educated, knows what's going on in the world etc

However, if I hadn't met her I would now be on a 7 year dry spell, as it was I went 4 years without sex while I tried to find a woman here that fit my standards. 

I see so many guys here with Thai women that are either very average looking (some are downright fugly), or they might be ok looking but have the intellect of a 5 year old and terrible English language skills.  Then again I also see guys who've married western women that are a 4-5 in the looks and body dept (at best).  

Most guys seem to either have very low standards or perhaps just don't have the confidence to only hit on the top 1% of women.

I'd rather be single and never have sex than settle for someone who's less than an 8 (based on looks).  

An 8 for you might be a 4 to someone else…

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:
1 hour ago, NextG said:

An 8 for you might be a 4 to someone else…

I doubt that, if we are talking purely aesthetics then a beautiful woman is a beautiful woman. 

We see all the time comments about Miss something. It seems often people disagree about who is pretty.

I think Taylor Swift is a good example to disagree. It seems many people think she is beautiful. I think she looks like a lot of headache. 

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why not go for 8's or above that actually like you? 

Of course there are attractive women who are princesses, but there are plenty of beautiful women who also have lovely personalities and are truly caring. 

I'm far from wealthy and I'm not a super stud.  But I do know how to treat a woman with kindness and respect and in return I get to be with someone who's well above average looking.

• Haha 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

We see all the time comments about Miss something. It seems often people disagree about who is pretty.

I think Taylor Swift is a good example to disagree. It seems many people think she is beautiful. I think she looks like a lot of headache. 

Of course, anyone who thinks what Freddy42OZ claims here, is obviously incredibly immature.

People’s idea of beauty varies.  Being a ‘model’ has little to do with being “beautiful”. So someone boasting that their ex/girlfriend was a model, is more than a little sad. There’s territory that goes with that and it’s not necessarily a good thing. That’s from someone who 
went out and hung out with ‘supermodels’ and also had experience in Hong Kong. Incredibly uninteresting for me, all the drugs and superficiality. 
The fact that he’s here trying to boast about it and attempting to rate women in a scale of 10 and also claiming that his Russian girlfriend is a ‘9’ ☺️ I think says it all about this person. 

9 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Why not go for 8's or above that actually like you? 

Of course there are attractive women who are princesses, but there are plenty of beautiful women who also have lovely personalities and are truly caring. 

I'm far from wealthy and I'm not a super stud.  But I do know how to treat a woman with kindness and respect and in return I get to be with someone who's well above average looking.

Why not stop this pathetic charade?

• Thanks 1

On 7/21/2023 at 11:47 AM, Freddy42OZ said:

Thankfully in 2020 I met my current GF, who you've probably heard me mention is Russian.  She's easily a 9/10 or even a 10.  Way hotter than any Thai woman, plus her English is perfect, she's better educated, knows what's going on in the world etc

Lucky you, I've not seen a hot Russian working here, generally they are rougher and older than what you could get in Russia

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Taylor Swift is very attractive, although in the pictures we see she's always heavily made up, that isn't an issue of course as I'm pretty sure she looks good without makeup. 

My GF looks kind of similar. 

Why would she be a headache though?  If you were dating the actual Taylor Swift then you'd be going to amazing parties and mixing with some very cool people.   And if it wasn't the real Taylor Swift at least quite a few people would be impressed by how beautiful your GF was.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, NextG said:

That’s from someone who 
went out and hung out with ‘supermodels’ and also had experience in Hong Kong. Incredibly uninteresting for me, all the drugs and superficiality. 

You hung out with models in HK and found it superficial? 

I did that for a large part of the 35 years I lived there.  It was the best life I can imagine and a huge part of what I don't like about Bangkok is there's not really anything like it here. Partying all the time, surrounded by beautiful girls how can that not be great?  And not everyone doing it is superficial, I have loads of really great friends who partied all the time and are great people.  

Admittedly now I'm older and I no longer drink or do drugs, I don't go clubbing but I really miss it.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Taylor Swift is very attractive, although in the pictures we see she's always heavily made up, that isn't an issue of course as I'm pretty sure she looks good without makeup. 

My GF looks kind of similar. 

Why would she be a headache though?  If you were dating the actual Taylor Swift then you'd be going to amazing parties and mixing with some very cool people.   And if it wasn't the real Taylor Swift at least quite a few people would be impressed by how beautiful your GF was.

You have an interesting way of thinking.

I don't have a gf to go to parties and I don't care if other people think this is beautiful or a star.

I want to be happy with her. And of course, when I met my gf it was important that she was hot in my eyes. I had the bedroom in mind, not parties.

My gf told me at one time that people in her village told her already when she was a teenager that she will have a farang boyfriend. That was the Thai way of telling her that no Thai guy wants a brown and small girl.

Personally I like small and brown and cute. She is perfect for me. I think in a way it is even better when other men don't think she is desirable.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, NextG said:

Why not stop this pathetic charade?

I started this because I see so many western guys here with women who are clearly not the most attractive and definitely not the smartest and I really don't understand what these guys see in these women. 

I recently met a nice chap from the UK, he's 60 and I've seen him with a few 'ladies'.  Not one of them could be called attractive in any way.  Not only were they not good looking but they were all the typical Thai women who can't speak English very well. Although even in they could speak English properly they probably wouldn't have anything interesting to talk about. 

He's obviously not picking them based on their personality, he doesn't spend long enough with them to find out what they are like as a person.  He's picking them to have sex with and my confusion is why would a guy have sex with women who are so unattractive?   Wouldn't it be better to just abstain from sex if that was the only type of woman you could be with?

4 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

I started this because I see so many western guys here with women who are clearly not the most attractive and definitely not the smartest and I really don't understand what these guys see in these women. 

I recently met a nice chap from the UK, he's 60 and I've seen him with a few 'ladies'.  Not one of them could be called attractive in any way.  Not only were they not good looking but they were all the typical Thai women who can't speak English very well. Although even in they could speak English properly they probably wouldn't have anything interesting to talk about. 

He's obviously not picking them based on their personality, he doesn't spend long enough with them to find out what they are like as a person.  He's picking them to have sex with and my confusion is why would a guy have sex with women who are so unattractive?   Wouldn't it be better to just abstain from sex if that was the only type of woman you could be with?

Have you ever considered minding your own business, rather than concerning yourself with the business of the ‘nice chap from the U.K?

Sure your ‘10’ girlfriend of Russian extraction is more than enough to keep you occupied. I’m sure you took the time to get to know the hundreds of women with whom you claimed to have bedded. 
You just sound like an immature kid in the playground. Sad really. If you had any real friends, they’d be pulling you up and telling you to stop showing yourself up in this manner. It’s not impressive; it’s just sad. 
We all have different perspectives and it would be great if we could all have perfect lives and find the perfect partner. 
But then there’s the real world. It’s great that you enjoyed your time in HK and that you’ve found yourself a ‘10’. You should be very happy; according to you. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

He's picking them to have sex with and my confusion is why would a guy have sex with women who are so unattractive?   Wouldn't it be better to just abstain from sex if that was the only type of woman you could be with?

Is sex with a pretty (and/or intelligent, well educated, etc.) woman better?

A long time ago when I came to Thailand, I visited the bars all the time. And I wanted the best-looking girls.

Some of them were fun, others not so much.

Over time I managed to find what I want.

I still wouldn't have sex with an ugly woman, but she doesn't have to be the prettiest of all of them. It's a question of compatibility or chemistry or whatever you call it.

And the best sex which I had was definitely not with the best-looking girls.

In fact, I remember a few super good-looking girls were in the hindsight I thought it would have been better if I would have continued to dream about her instead of being disappointed.

And I am sure for women, well-educated or not, it's also more a question of chemistry how things work out. Guys and girls have to be compatible to each other. And, as far as I see, this is impossible to check out according to a list or description. It's chemistry - or whatever you want to call it. 

55 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is sex with a pretty (and/or intelligent, well educated, etc.) woman better?

A long time ago when I came to Thailand, I visited the bars all the time. And I wanted the best-looking girls.

Some of them were fun, others not so much.

Over time I managed to find what I want.

I still wouldn't have sex with an ugly woman, but she doesn't have to be the prettiest of all of them. It's a question of compatibility or chemistry or whatever you call it.

In fact, I remember a few super good-looking girls were in the hindsight I thought it would have been better if I would have continued to dream about her instead of being disappointed.

And I am sure for women, well-educated or not, it's also more a question of chemistry how things work out. Guys and girls have to be compatible to each other. And, as far as I see, this is impossible to check out according to a list or description. It's chemistry - or whatever you want to call it. 

I've taken a lot of US visitors (from my work) over the years, and I always tell them to pick the one smiling at you... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think Taylor Swift is one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen, but even if I had the chance to meet her ( not going to happen though ) I would refuse as the reality would no doubt be a disappointment.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Agree. Best sex ever, and with the sexiest girl I ever knew was with a very average looking girl.

Every time I took a DDG girl out it was a disappointment, so I wised up and avoided them. Good decision.

12 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Wouldn't it be better to just abstain from sex if that was the only type of woman you could be with?

No.

If you can't see that there is more to sex than a pretty body, that's your problem.

I only met one western woman to be friends with that I'd describe as DDG, but she was the exception.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

13 hours ago, Freddy42OZ said:

If you were dating the actual Taylor Swift then you'd be going to amazing parties and mixing with some very cool people. 

LOL. That IMO is a very good reason NOT to date someone like her. I'm not cool at all, by choice, as I find those that consider themselves to be cool as not people I want to know. IMO it's a shallow lifestyle with shallow people. I prefer people with a better outlook on life than partying with those that consider themselves special.

I used to go to parties, back when I was young and wanting to fit in with the crowd, but thankfully I wised up, and opted out.

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Actual AI will be better than quantum computers IMO, so breaking bank codes will be a breeze.

We do not yet have autonomous computers that can learn independently, so IMO we do not have actual AI.

To the poster than gave me a confused emoji, if computers have to be programmed, how can they be described as "intelligent"?

IMO to be "intelligent" they have to be able to work independently without programming.

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

To the poster than gave me a confused emoji, if computers have to be programmed, how can they be described as "intelligent"?

IMO to be "intelligent" they have to be able to work independently without programming.

Aren't we all programmed by our parents, society and books as we grow up?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Aren't we all programmed by our parents, society and books as we grow up?

Yes, but we can choose to not follow the programming as we get older and hopefully wiser. A programmed computer can only do what it is programmed to do, and can't become independent.

If I had followed my childhood program I'd have smoked, drunk a lot of booze, watched sport on tv, be divorced with kids that hated me, and never ended up in Thailand.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If I had followed my childhood program I'd have smoked, drunk a lot of booze, watched sport on tv, be divorced with kids that hated me, and never ended up in Thailand.

Apart from not watching sport on TV I pretty much followed that life.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

if your kids hate you, can you blame anyone but yourself?

or do you want to blame "society" for that too? 

I blame the women who teach their kids to hate their father.

This is a vile practice pursued by many vicious divorced western women, and financially rewarded by the authorities.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. That IMO is a very good reason NOT to date someone like her. I'm not cool at all, by choice, as I find those that consider themselves to be cool as not people I want to know. IMO it's a shallow lifestyle with shallow people. I prefer people with a better outlook on life than partying with those that consider themselves special.

I used to go to parties, back when I was young and wanting to fit in with the crowd, but thankfully I wised up, and opted out.

But then, how many parties with celebrities did you attend? 

I never was at such a party. I have no idea if it's fun.