Online trends - do you know what is happening online? Do you care?

To much distractions everywhere, I only use FB for family and friends as well news headlines, youtube, a wide range of reliable news, history and science websites, and thats it. Cant say I being tied up in any online trends. FB, Insta and Tik Tok is poison!

Like to follow news channels from all continents and see how they percieve the different world news as well local news. 

And last not least, to much time here, and I really do not understand why anymore! So at one point I have to let it go, sooner than later, since I really do not have any asia related questions anymore I can not find elsewhere by myself. 

Edited by Hummin

6 hours ago, bignok said:

All nonsense. Climate same as 20 years ago. Men, women, trannies. Same. Beer is beer. Rice is rice.

Humans are just weak and shallow more often now. No substance.

The world is currently experiencing the hottest average temperature on record, so your post is in denial of reality.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no interest in Facebook and Twitter. IMO the former is for narcissists, the latter is for twits. Do I care? Not one jot or tittle. ASEAN and YouTube are the only social media I use.

YouTube is useful when I am trying to find a demonstration of how to cook corned beef, or what exercises to perform with osteoarthritis.

Having said that, there are many YouTube posters putting out blatant misinformation.

I am gobsmacked by "influencers" such as MrBeast ( aka James Donaldson ) , who apparently has 168 million followers. He has accumulated about $500 million on the strength of posting videos where he is behaving like a moron on a survival challenge, and showing a great mouthful of teeth. It's a depressing comment on the mindset of the current generation of young people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MrBeast

• Like 2

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

What I don't understand  is how people doing stupid things can earn so much money ,

then there's influencers ...... in the past to be successful ,earn a lot of money ,you had

to have a good idea , and work your @rse off, what's the World coming to ......when

before every meal you have to take a photo of it ....????

regards worgeordie

That's a good point.

But I wonder how many of those influencers think after a while that they are stars and now get rich.

And then, maybe sooner or later, they crash, and nobody cares about them anymore.

I guess that hurts. And IMHO at least some of them deserve that.

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I am gobsmacked by "influencers" such as MrBeast ( aka James Donaldson ) , who apparently has 168 million followers.

some of the biggest channels on youtube are also some of the most stupid channels.

i don't believe all these youtubers like Mr Beast are independent youtubers.

i believe some of these folks are being financed by large corporations to grow their channels to gain a massive following. 

25 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I agree, it is crazy to be saving the planet with electric cars when the electricity that propels them comes from power stations that are burning fossil fuel.

electric cars are not a solution.

15 minute walkable/cyclable cities will help a lot.

also, self-driving cheap robo taxis will help a lot. 

Edited by save the frogs

31 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

electric cars are not a solution.

15 minute walkable/cyclable cities will help a lot.

also, self-driving cheap robo taxis will help a lot. 

No money to fuel the economic with logic solutions! The car industry is one of the biggest drive in the economic for many countries today, still only 18 of the population owns one car or more! 

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

No money to fuel the economic with logic solutions! The car industry is one of the biggest drive in the economic for many countries today, still only 18 of the population owns one car or more! 

yeah, you are right.

but i believe the folks in power have gotten some scary doomsday data from scientists ...

like make some changes soon or the whole planet is screwed. 

so $ is not the only driving factor anymore for their decisions. 

that's just my belief. could be wrong. 

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

yeah, you are right.

but i believe the folks in power have gotten some scary doomsday data from scientists ...

like make some changes soon or the whole planet is screwed. 

so $ is not the only driving factor anymore for their decisions. 

that's just my belief. could be wrong. 

If you loose the economic war, you loose the physical war! Simple as that! 

Edited by Hummin

Jordan Peterson got big on Youtube the last few years.

I don't agree with everything he says, but this video he has an interesting anecdote.

his friend had a monkey ranch and he was testing alcohol on the monkeys. 5 per cent of the monkeys drank themselves into a coma. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

some of the biggest channels on youtube are also some of the most stupid channels.

i don't believe all these youtubers like Mr Beast are independent youtubers.

i believe some of these folks are being financed by large corporations to grow their channels to gain a massive following. 

I had to look it up, because I thought you talked about The Beast the world strongest man, but I have also seen a few clips on Mr Beast, which I find entertaining in small doses once and awhile when it appears in one of the short clips. 

The beast is okay actually 

https://youtu.be/92pJPrmGKIM

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

a bunch of big brutes bobsledding? ha ha. why not?

It was a random vid I did not seen yet actually, but same as everything else, once and awhile he have some few moments entertaining vids with different caracters involved. Anyway, to much about anything, and as I said earlier, to much noise. I miss the good old days with paper news, magazines and books. We have lost something on the way for sure, but on the other side, we gained knownledge by being able to look up thinks right now right here in seconds. So, Im not sure what I desire most, but Im quite shocked to see how people use their new possibilities, and how easy we still are manupulated one direction or the other. 

2 minutes ago, Hummin said:

It was a random vid I did not seen yet actually, but same as everything else, once and awhile he have some few moments entertaining vids

youtube uses AI.

tiktok also.

so if you watch a certain type of video, the AI will feed you more similar videos. 

youtube is starting to copy tiktok with very short sexy videos ... cuz sex sells. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

youtube uses AI.

tiktok also.

so if you watch a certain type of video, the AI will feed you more similar videos. 

youtube is starting to copy tiktok with very short sexy videos ... cuz sex sells. 

I know, my wife look me over the shoulder and see whats in my feed, smiles and says, I know you 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I have Facebook because family

Probably the most boring reason of all to use facebook, i get all sorts of feeds, facebook constantly includes posts from groups i would never have thought of, and then can follow if you want.

Also Facebook Reels are entertaining, i thought it was just a bargirl thing

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I have found it is no use attempting to discuss global warming and climate change with anyone who has no understanding of the laws of thermodynamics.

I agree, it is crazy to be saving the planet with electric cars when the electricity that propels them comes from power stations that are burning fossil fuel. Virtue signalling at its best.

By 2050, conservative models of the Tibetan Plateau's glaciers and ice fields are predicting the flows of water to the Ganges, Brahmaputra and Mekong rivers will be halved. 1 billion people depend on those rivers. It will create unprecedented economic refugeeism, possibly made worse by the Chinese damming everything under their control.  

Scientists are on average 0.5% of most populations. Your post is a good example of how their message gets swamped on social media by sheer numbers.

Also how most people instinctively reject information they don't want to hear.

Edited by bignok