Apply For Tourist Visa In Vietnam - HCMC - Doubts

5 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

In case there are people still interested in this interesting thread....

Thanks for update.

So it seems that knowing what you know now you could apply successfully next time.

It's a pain that the requirements are often not completely clear. 

I am not even 100% certain I know enough to apply successfully next time. I am especially concerned that it seems that certain requirements are not officially listed, like: needing to see a copy of the ID of the thai person that provides the hotel reservation and the new USD bank notes. Seems like they can make requirements up on the fly. Good thing is that I can probably fall back on the visa exemption, although I would have liked more certainty by having a visum.

On a second note I am thinking of staying more in Vietnam now as they rolled out their 3 month evisa and I really liked Danang. 

25 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

On a second note I am thinking of staying more in Vietnam now as they rolled out their 3 month evisa

This year I had to obtain one month SETV for Vietnam (eVisa)

The online eVisa application was a breeze. 

5 business days process time

Edited by DrJack54

1 hour ago, Jeroen said:

On a second note I am thinking of staying more in Vietnam now as they rolled out their 3 month evisa and I really liked Danang. 

That's definitely a very attractive option now. Mixing things up a little by spending more time in Vietnam sounds like a good idea.