Pita ready to step aside if his party fails to win senators’ hearts

webfact

6 hours ago, h90 said:

Beside the value thing, which I agree. He wants a radical anti Myanmar, anti Cambodia and anti China politics....China is not only the biggest trading partner, but also the biggest source of tourism. On top of that, double the minimum salary, higher taxes and higher energy costs.

That would complete kill the industry.

" and anti China politics "..... something the entire world should do !

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

MFP received 38% of the votes.

62% of the people, wanted a different party.

Then next two, more experienced party members received a total of more votes:

image.png.de44d4f185761957c1423bcaefe6f93a.png

So......  72 % wanted a different party to Pheu Thai and 89% a different party to UTN .

FAIL,

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Quite simple really. If you're not sure, either check it out beforehand in the forum rules, or put the link in and see if the moderators take it out. They will explain why. But telling me to Google it is a troll. I think you're the third contributor to this thread that has failed to produce any links to claims they have made regarding MFP et al, and told me to go and find the links that they can't. I will start to report any more I see as unsubstantiated.

Do what you want to do, call me names if you like, but I'm not going to break the rules for you. 

Bye, and have a nice day.

7 hours ago, BKKKevin said:

Or a man who chooses to walk away today rather than compromise his principles is the right guy...

If he walks away, he was the wrong Guy in the first place. His principles are worthless unless he is willing to stand by them. 

1/2) BREAKING: Pheu Thai PM candidate Srettha Thavisin says Mon he's ready to be nominated to become PM but it will depend on party's executive committe. Sretta told reporters it's necessary to form a new gov't soon in order to address the economic & people's livelihood issues.

(2/2) When asked if Pheu Thai will seek a different coalition without Move Forward Party or not, Srettha said it's too premature to discuss the matter.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1680822806605611008

7 hours ago, hotchilli said:

He was doomed from the start, even without the "media shares" fiasco hanging over his head.

He was never going to get past the rigged senate.

u dont say?
ty captainObvious and ty Sherlock

36 minutes ago, anchadian said:

1/2) BREAKING: Pheu Thai PM candidate Srettha Thavisin says Mon he's ready to be nominated to become PM but it will depend on party's executive committe. Sretta told reporters it's necessary to form a new gov't soon in order to address the economic & people's livelihood issues.

(2/2) When asked if Pheu Thai will seek a different coalition without Move Forward Party or not, Srettha said it's too premature to discuss the matter.

I think he's favoured amongst the business community. Very little info on him. Yes, too early to discuss as everything now in the hands of the CC.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srettha_Thavisin

7 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Obviously he can’t get elected while the scoundrels in the junta appointed senate still get to vote. But the question is does MFP really want to remain in a coalition that will be constantly manipulated by Thaksin, if Sretha gets elected as a seat warmer for the airhead Thaksin daughter. They have already ceded the speaker job to make way for a notably corrupt former Thaksin flunky posing as an independent in order to get a chance of the premiership.

They will not be able to get  any of their major reform pledges done and will be tainted with PT corruption scandals. Far better to slip gracefully into the opposition and let Thaksin alienate his red shirt supporters by teaming up with his old pal Gen Watchman.

At least the airhead Thaksin daughter has a proper university education, not like the last unelected PM with his Military Academy so called one.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, anchadian said:

BREAKING: Junta-appointed senator Kittisak Rattanawaraha said Monday he's willing vote for Pheu Thai Party PM candidate under the conditions they won't join a coalition with Move Forward Party.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1680840355489669121

1 hour ago, mancub said:

So......  72 % wanted a different party to Pheu Thai and 89% a different party to UTN .

FAIL,

Run all the #s you want, point is, w/38%, pita was never going to be PM.  He'll be lucky if he keeps his MP position.

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Run all the #s you want, point is, w/38%, pita was never going to be PM.  He'll be lucky if he keeps his MP position.

Along with his 38%, he had the 28.86% PT vote to add, plus the other 6 parties in the coalition. The BumjaiRat party - well, no point in looking there; and as for the DemoRats, they should be sued under the Trades Descriptions Act, if there was such a thing here.

The elephant in the room, I mean in the kitchen, there's another in the sitting room and probably several in the bedrooms, is the Senate. So even 70% is meaningless after Prayuth's dirty tricks. The 2017 Constitution was a mugging of an entire nation.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, DjSilver said:

Everytime there is a qualified new politicin Thailand, the dictatorship will force him/her away.

The global leaders need to start and block Thailand from the international trade as long as they do like this.

And who do you think those global leaders are?  

2 minutes ago, bradiston said:

So even 70% is meaningless after Prayuth's dirty tricks. The 2017 Constitution was a mugging of an entire nation.

Pure genius actually ... a coup to end all coups.  They weren't stupid.  Only the people that voted for it.

On that, and more #s people seem to like ... referendum for that ...

"approved by 61% of voters with a 59% turnout" - wiki

Simply proves, you get what you vote for ... now live it.   You want stability, now you have it.

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Pure genius actually ... a coup to end all coups.  They weren't stupid.  Only the people that voted for it.

Simply proves, you get what you vote for ... now live it.   You want stability, now you have it.

Typical Thailand, just confirms that far too many don't give a rat's a&se about who runs the country. 

57 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

At least the airhead Thaksin daughter has a proper university education, not like the last unelected PM with his Military Academy so called one.

Proves education isn't worth a whole lot vs guns.  Who lasted the longest,  as PM, and changed the future of TH's politics for a few decades to come ?

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, koolkarl said:

Pita isn't too bright for a politician.  He should have maintained that the senate will remain intact and no changes will be made, when Pita was on the election trail.  After he secured the PM job, then make the necessary changes.  But, too late.

This reminds me of the naivete of Obama. After the big victory in 2008, he became overconfident and complacent and soon after lost his 60 member supermajority in the US Senate.

Edited by placnx
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Luuk Chaai said:

why? did China steal Syrian oil? Or did it attack countries like Libya and Iraq? If a country would do that, than yes.....But China didn't attack any foreign country

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

So which is your party of choice? You profess love for the Thai people. Don't you see any contradiction there, given the election results? They spoke, but you think they're wrong.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Thai_general_election

My party of choice is chaos in government building and no functional government as long as possible....No government is the best government.

First term of Thaksin was good, first "term" of Prayut was good....Both second terms were very bad.

Abhisit was very bad and just a puppet. Yingluck was very bad....Anutin during Covid was very bad..

So non of them....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Luuk Chaai said:

Most of the world is vested in CH ... it would be detrimental to themselves.  Why nobody wants to piss them off, including Thailand, as one of the deepest rooted with CH.

Besides, as pointed out, CH helps the world, not attacks.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Typical Thailand, just confirms that far too many don't give a rat's a&se about who runs the country. 

I said that elsewhere here somewhere, nobody really cares who wins or loses the election, who's PM, as simply too busy living.  

8 hours ago, TheTightArseTraveller said:

If you do a bit of research, this guy is just an American/Big State puppet.

Im not saying change isn’t needed, but I would rather the devil we know that keeps Thailand Thai than a puppet that works to erode Thai culture to replace it with western ‘values’.

I beg to differ!  He comes from entitlement the fact that he was sent abroad to study Harvard doesnt mean he is a American puppet fat from it. His loyalty first and foremost is to his country reason why he was already part of the swamp as a MP, there are hundred of Chinese Communist elites their kids sent to study in U.S. colleges then return to their country to be part of the system. Their former economics leader even the PM prior to Yickluck I believe was educated in the U. S

but was as bad as the rest. He knew exactly was he was doing thus the coalition. 

Here he got his white boyscout Uni for a reason there aren't such a thing Rags to riches in This country nothing he will able to bring whatever western learning influence if he did become PM,  otherwise many on this board would be ten times better than any Thai will ever be sadly. 

Not in my lifetime but a leader who can force all the changes will come from the lowest class mountain north produce sell their soles for the necessary military arms and army to do it by force.

And if successful first thing in order is how to manage all those IOU's,  Who got him there. ????

12 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Thai_constitutional_referendum

It was a stitch up par excellence. I'll stick to my original description of it. A nation mugged.

12 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

I beg to differ!  He comes from entitlement the fact that he was sent abroad to study Harvard doesnt mean he is a American puppet fat from it. His loyalty first and foremost is to his country reason why he was already part of the swamp as a MP, there are hundred of Chinese Communist elites their kids sent to study in U.S. colleges then return to their country to be part of the system. Their former economics leader even the PM prior to Yickluck I believe was educated in the U. S

but was as bad as the rest. He knew exactly was he was doing thus the coalition. 

Here he got his white boyscout Uni for a reason there aren't such a thing Rags to riches in This country nothing he will able to bring whatever western learning influence if he did become PM,  otherwise many on this board would be ten times better than any Thai will ever be sadly. 

Not in my lifetime but a leader who can force all the changes will come from the lowest class mountain north produce sell their soles for the necessary military arms and army to do it by force.

And if successful first thing in order is how to manage all those IOU's,  Who got him there. ????

Abhisit Vejjajiva. Born in Newcastle, UK. Eton and Oxford educated, mate of Cameron and Johnson. 27th PM of Thailand. Chinese heritage. Has dual UK/Thai nationality. The CC could have disbarred him from holding office, but he had more clout than Thanatorn and Pita, so held on. But was a total disaster despite all his advantages. Took the Democrat party virtually out of Thai politics to where it is now. Spineless, gutless, pointless. With their support, Pita would be almost over the line.

Edited by bradiston
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Where are the people who said that this is nonsense when I predicted that PTP is undermining MFP to become PM themself (after installing a friend as speaker)?

1 minute ago, bradiston said:

Abhisit Vejjajiva. Born in Newcastle, UK. Eton and Oxford educated, mate of Cameron and Johnson. 27th PM of Thailand. Chinese heritage. Has dual UK/Thai nationality. The CC could have disbarred him from holding office, but he had more clout than Thanatorn and Pita, so held on. But was a total disaster despite all his advantages. Took the Democrat party virtually out of Thai politics to where it is now. Spineless, gutless, pointless.

Abhisit is one of the WEF young leaders.....he was never independent....

10 minutes ago, h90 said:

Where are the people who said that this is nonsense when I predicted that PTP is undermining MFP to become PM themself (after installing a friend as speaker)?

I've said all along that PTP was outmaneuvering everybody else.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, h90 said:

Where in what you've posted here did you say that? And in any case, you get no cigar as

1 it was obvious to all that this was always on the cards, and

2 you've ruled yourself out of any sensible comment by backing an "all governments are bad, chaos is good" platform.

And the "friend" was agreed to by 8 parties. And so far has granted Pita his request to vote on a another doomed amendment, this time to Section 212.