How to handle Thai women becoming “attached” right away?

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've always found women you take to dinner usually don't want sex, so it's a waste of your time and money. Those who are interested in sex go straight to it.

Coffee and then a short time hotel is the way to start in Thailand.

Strange relationship. No food.

29 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

for what reason?

if you want to do business with someone, you might invite them to dinner to discuss business matters.

if you invite a woman to dinner, there's only 2 reasons ... you want to have casual sex or you want to start a relationship. 

if the woman is not giving off vibes of casual sex, then she wants a relationship.

it's the same anywhere in the world. 

Maybe he is lonely. If be looking for sex after.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've always found women you take to dinner usually don't want sex, so it's a waste of your time and money. Those who are interested in sex go straight to it.

That reminds me of a situation many years ago.

In the morning a sexy girl was sitting in a cafe with a guy. From time to time she looked in my direction.

She was really hot, so I waited a little and finally they guy left.

She still smiled at me, and I walked over to her. I asked her what's the story with the guy? She told me that she arranged with him that she will see him that night.

So I asked her what she had in mind for the next hour. She looked at me and smiled and I said: Let's go.

It was a lot of fun.

The good old times.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In the morning a sexy girl was sitting in a cafe with a guy. From time to time she looked in my direction.

She still smiled at me, and I walked over to her. I asked her what's the story with the guy? She told me that she arranged with him that she will see him that night.

So I asked her what she had in mind for the next hour. She looked at me and smiled and I said: Let's go.

It was a lot of fun.

The good old times.

Nice one.

1 minute ago, Danny Australia said:

I take new women to dinner all the time with only one goal in mind.

I would feel robbed if one dinner doesn't lead to a <deleted> that same night ????

Did you try that in Australia? You entitled misogynist! ???? 

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It was a lot of fun.

The good old times.

Condom days.

12 minutes ago, Danny Australia said:

I take new women to dinner all the time with only one goal in mind.

I would feel robbed if one dinner doesn't lead to a <deleted> that same night ????

They probably know that........????

54 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You are such a romantic.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Why even bother, this is what any woman, if attracted to you would expect, i.e. dessert.

Sounds like you should if your not looking for a girlfriend.

I can't believe what I am reading, are you gay, it isn't called using the women for sex if your both up for it, that said, if a woman has accompanied you back to your place, it is more than likely that she is up for it.

What a let down for the girls !!!

Sounds to me that your living in a fantasy world, you should stop dating women, because all your doing is teasing them in my opinion.

What did you expect ?

He likes dinner dates. 

• Haha 1

Why do you feel you have to respond if they are irritating you?

Do you feel you owe them something after the dinner? If they are too pushy they are not for you, esp if you’re not looking for casual sex.

You just don’t respond if it bothers you. If your not interested there is no second date!

The western idea of explaining to all your dates why you do or do not wish to proceed so they “learn from the experience” does not apply here. Any interaction is seen as continued interest.

Once your gone they meet someone the next day and forget you altogether. One or two dates, not a big deal. People get over it.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

take them out for breakfast the next morning

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Curious, have you thought about just telling them the truth?

Though that does risk them loving you more, on second thoughts just make some <deleted> up like everyone else.

Note that the threesome card you need to be prepared to follow through on that if they don't run a mile. 

2 hours ago, NextG said:

My last tinder date before I met my wife was working for 3M making 100k a year and she proudly gave a list with how many guys on dating sites she was with.

So...

What was the tally?

(3M, in her case, really does = Minnesota Mining)

24 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Mistake #1. You too fast. Start with exchange Line id, and chat when she get home after work.

After a week or two, meet near her work for some coffee or thai street food.

Did you make it crystal clear first time you talked that you seek:

Friends first.

Not relationship.

Not sex.

(Note to you: no touch of any kind)

Hold on, that's just too fast. Thai style is slowly. Friends first. Coffee first. A simple meal. Not restaurant dining.

Nice, but start as chat friends first.

But this confuse them. You contradict yourself here, as you might been close to 1st or 2nd base. Most women now think you want (sex) relationship.

Don't bring her home. Meet in public. 

When you're alone with her, and some kiss and touch here and there initiated - Heck, even I would want more.

Yes, she smile, nod and laugh, but language barrier is huge. You lucky if she understood 50-75% of what you said.

You cross the border for what friends can do. Don't touch, hug or kiss.

Meet in public only, not home to your or her place. Only if she bring a friend (chaperone).

You act / imply by your actions that you want something more.

Poor communication from the start, you might has mislead her then (and more by your kissy touchy ...) for her to think that

'maybe he want a girlfriend'.

You blur the border for friends vs what people in relationship can do. You create misunderstanding and hope. Don't blame the women. You created this by your actions.

Some good points here for which I need to be more accountable for my own behavior 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Coffee? Hah...

A couple shots of Ya Dong would suffice nicely........for those "nice girls" that might imbibe.

44 minutes ago, bignok said:

He likes dinner dates. 

Truthfully I do like dinner dates.  ????  Look:  I’m no angel — especially in my younger days.  There have been plenty of “let’s have dinner” dates that were just a formality for the main event.  She knew it and I knew it.  But I am not 27 anymore.  I know it almost seems foreign these days, but having a nice meal with a woman (good food, nice ambiance) can itself be a wonderful experience — just living in the moment, being in the presence of the “feminine” form without expectations of sex, financial support, future relationships, etc.). 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, ASEANTraveler said:

Truthfully I do like dinner dates.  ????  Look:  I’m no angel — especially in my younger days.  There have been plenty of “let’s have dinner” dates that were just a formality for the main event.  She knew it and I knew it.  But I am not 27 anymore.  I know it almost seems foreign these days, but having a nice meal with a woman (good food, nice ambiance) can itself be a wonderful experience — just living in the moment, being in the presence of the “feminine” form without expectations of sex, financial support, future relationships, etc.). 

Sounds like wasted time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Why do you feel you have to respond if they are irritating you?

Do you feel you owe them something after the dinner? If they are too pushy they are not for you, esp if you’re not looking for casual sex.

You just don’t respond if it bothers you. If your not interested there is no second date!

The western idea of explaining to all your dates why you do or do not wish to proceed so they “learn from the experience” does not apply here. Any interaction is seen as continued interest.

Once your gone they meet someone the next day and forget you altogether. One or two dates, not a big deal. People get over it.

The “gentleman” in me kind of feels like a jerk if I don’t respond, but that’s more a problem for me than for them.  I agree with you…one or two dates is not a marriage and they probably don’t give it a second thought (even if I do)

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Why even bother, this is what any woman, if attracted to you would expect, i.e. dessert.

Sounds like you should if your not looking for a girlfriend.

I can't believe what I am reading, are you gay, it isn't called using the women for sex if your both up for it, that said, if a woman has accompanied you back to your place, it is more than likely that she is up for it.

What a let down for the girls !!!

Sounds to me that your living in a fantasy world, you should stop dating women, because all your doing is teasing them in my opinion.

What did you expect ?

I will plead guilty to your one charge that “woman might also have been up for it.”  Even the “good girls” seem to have desires and wants.  I forget that sometimes 

• Thanks 1