As it happens: Pita’s second shot at becoming PM

webfact

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Why didn't Pita compromise?

Obviously I don't know, but I have an idea.

If he had, he likely still wouldn't become PM, and even if he did, it would be a hollow win to have betrayed his voters, just another corrupt politician who doesn't stick to any core principles. 

But going down "pure" as he's a young man, perhaps he's playing the long game. 

A martyr as it were for Thai democracy. No guarantee such a gamble will even bear fruit, but at least he can look himself in the mirror without barfing.

I would agree if MF had won sufficient seats without needing a coalition . 

Is it right that he should sacrifice all his other policies for amending section 112. Why does he hold amending section 112 so sancrement at the expense of others.

I would prefer he compromised on section 112 ,( don't fight the battles you cannot win) and implemented the issues that improve the Thai people.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Is it right that he should sacrifice all his other policies for amending section 112. Why does he hold amending section 112 so sancrement at the expense of others.

I would prefer he compromised on section 112 ,( don't fight the battles you cannot win) and implemented the issues that improve the Thai people.

Given the structure of the Thai constitution, I think its IMPOSSIBLE for any candidate to win enough seats without the need for the senators.

You would prefer?

Again, as I explained, that doesn't mean he would have won, and then he would have been soiled, and his young base would not have been impressed with that.

21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Why didn't Pita compromise?

Or do what Prayuth was good at. Say one thing then do another.

There won't be a coup

I won't cling to power

I will return happiness to the Thai people.

Unfortunately , it's all history repeating itself now. Just hope they have learnt their lesson. Move Forward will likely not be around to contest the next election. However, if it resurrects itself again for the third time it will have to walk on eggs and make sure it is absolutely safe from any legal proceedings. If it can manage this , it will surely win a landslide.

Even then .....history could repeat itself for the 23rd time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Given the structure of the Thai constitution, I think its IMPOSSIBLE for any candidate to win enough seats without the need for the senators.

You would prefer?

Again, as I explained, that doesn't mean he would have won, and then he would have been soiled, and his young base would not have been impressed with that.

Of course it's possible.

There are 500 seats to be won.

17 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Pita doesn't seem like one of those snake-like, slimy politicians who make promises before the election and break promises after the election, ultimately betraying their electorate. He has his ideals and stands by them. Unfortunately, Thailand is missing again another great opportunity for a better future, especially the younger Thai generation.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You would prefer?

So is amending section 112 more important than MF party promise to give pensioners 3000 baht every month.

1 minute ago, tomacht8 said:

Pita doesn't seem like one of those snake-like, slimy politicians who make promises before the election and break promises after the election, ultimately betraying their electorate. He has his ideals and stands by them. Unfortunately, Thailand is missing another great opportunity for a better future, especially for the younger Thai generation.

If that is the case why did the MF party leave out of the MOU the section 112 amendment.