Changmai Immigration

The only thing that makes sense to me is, if 'local io' refers to an agent the OP is using. There are no local io's, that are based outside immigration offices. It would be useful, but I never heard of it in Thailand.

It would still be helpful to know what visa or extension the OP is talking about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

I think you need to chill. I didn't understand a word you said in your original post either. You understood what you meant but obviously a few of us didn't.

What is this the Spanish Inquisition! 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Amplish said:

The only thing that makes sense to me is, if 'local io' refers to an agent the OP is using. There are no local io's, that are based outside immigration offices. It would be useful, but I never heard of it in Thailand.

It would still be helpful to know what visa or extension the OP is talking about.

Some offices do have sub offices attached to them. Pattaya has a branch office at siricha, Phuket has one at patong.

19 hours ago, stix40 said:

I am asking if anyone that has applied for a visa via their local io . Has not arrived or been approved on the date given by local io.

Local io is dealing with changmai Immigration and stating changmai has delays currently.

So is anyone experiencing the same?

Wind your neck in !

Jeez I know it's hot but chill Brit Tim 

I agree with Brit Tim.  I didn't understand what your original post was about either.  In fact, I still am confused about what you are asking.  Perhaps you need to write more clearly and maybe even give more information.  For example, what kind of service are you requesting at Chiang Mai Immigration?  If you are trying to extend your visa then what kind of visa do you currently have?  It would appear that you are the one who needs to 'chill'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Madgee said:

Well ........ I understood the Op perfectly well with what he is asking! Ignore the inquisition petal.

Just turn left at the first set of traffic lights, go over the hill and take the second left at 'Betty's Beauty Parlour'. Go a little further down the hill, Do a U-turn at the no entry sign and you'll see why there is a delay.
Easy to understand, I don't know what the fuss is all about. ????

Madgee

Should be a comedian, you would fair well on a live stage ! 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, stix40 said:

Apologies for the succinct

nature of my original post , as I thought it was actually quite clear.

I have found the answer to my original question.

Before local io could stamp passport with visa ,

local immigration office was waiting on an update from changmai  Immigration office and inturn changmai Immigration office was waiting on permissions/update from Bangkok immigration.

Delays apparently caused by staff shortages at Bangkok IO due to COVID 

Thanks for all your replies most appreciated ????

You still have absolutely no idea what was happening. My first guess happened to be correct.

You applied for a visa or extension of permission to stay at an immigration office that falls under the supervision of Division 5. That visa or extension was taken "under consideration" with a report back date. As sometimes happens, especially where small offices are concerned, the process of sending the application to Division 5 headquarters (at Mae Rim in Chiang Mai), having the application approved, and having the paperwork returned to your local immigration office experienced delays. Nothing was sent to Bangkok, and none of this has anything to do with Covid or any other virus.

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

You find it clear because you cannot or will not carefully proof read it... for instance... what is a "local lo"?  Says "lo" not "io"... so it's our fault that we don't understand what you meant... right???

As your name suggests.

Skipalongcassidy ! 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1