Any insect bites that cause bruising

Kevin1908

I don't know what caused it but what started as slight localised pain on my inner thigh is now a 7 cm bruise. The centre of the bruise feels lumpy and hard like an insect bite. I would normally attribute a bruise to walking into something and banging a knee or elbow but this is on my inner thigh. Any insect or animal cause such a wound?

48 minutes ago, Kevin1908 said:

I would normally attribute a bruise to walking into something and banging a knee or elbow but this is on my inner thigh. Any insect or animal cause such a wound?

Sounds more like a blood clotting disease.

I'd go to a hospital and get a blood test.

https://www.healthline.com/health/bruises-easily#:~:text=Hemophilia B.,to form under your skin.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Over the years this has also happened a few times to me.  I don't know for sure, but a couple of times I remember seeing a little black spider with pinchers that like to crawl under table tops and chair legs.

If it is due to the little spider, it must have a pain deadening bite, because I didn't feel any bites.  Usually on legs and one time I had several of these hardened bruises on my stomach.  But it goes away in a few days, and back to normal.

I certainly wasn't aware of being bitten by anthing. Probably happened when sleeping. I felt a minor irritatio and thought nothing of it. Then a small bruise at first but now 7cm across. The centre of the bruise feels a bit tender like there has been some sort of puncture and hardening like when you have with a mosquito bite.

Sounds to me you’ve been bitten by koon, an elusive fly. You don’t know you’ve been bitten until afterwards. I’ve never been bitten yet, though they sure like biting my wife.

IMG_9329.jpeg

Edited by novacova

image.png.2f963368374d7972d81d65d56d8892ab.pngWas the spider you saw anything like this?

Its what we call a white tail spider in Aussie ... maybe it was one of these ... LOS version that bit ya.

They cause a small reddish bite area which grows over time and can show necrosis of the area, flakey skin, blistering, pain in this red area, burning, stinging reddish bruise-like roundish mark.

I've had a few when I lived in the land of super venomous crawlies and ended up with a 5 cm diameter raw super sensitive (burn-like response) mark that lasted for about 2 weeks.

I've not seen one here, yet,  that I'm aware of, but apparently they do have a similar species to the Aussie ones here.

You should be able to see two clear fang marks about 5 to 10 mm apart if you were bitten by a like sized spider if it was one of these critters.

Go get it checked, pronto just in case you have knocked it against a table or furniture.

My friend had slight bruising after brushing a coffee table & obviously just breaking the surface.

3 weeks later they operated & had to take over 1kg of flesh

I had the same type of bite from a small tick 2 years ago and it took about 1 year for the lump to go away and the itching to stop. The skin in that area is still discolored. I went to the Dr in thailand with no luck from the medicine. I also went to a US Dr in the states and got  Triamcinolone creme which help some but it just took time. 

Wife got a small insect that spray a chemical on her shoulder causing a skin burn that itched and discolored her skin which is still discolored 3 year now. 

Several insects can cause this apparently. Go see a dermatologist if you need meds or want to get it checked

Simple bug bites can affect people differently, other factors to consider; age of the person, medical history, current medications, physical health.

• Thanks 1

Grown a bit, the bruise is now 8cm across but fading. You can see the white section in the middle which must have been the initial bite. I don't have a magnifying glass but there does appear to be some sort of small puncture mark in the middle. The pale section does feel like an insect bite hard and lumpy like a mosquito bite.

Pretty sure I didn't knock against anything  as it is the inside of my thigh.

Bruise.jpg

• 5 weeks later...