George Orwell inspired Russian restaurant in Bangkok

snoop1130

I call a spade a spade ... I speak the truth but some sites don't want the truth,  they just want you to lie and say they are good.  Well I wasn't bought up to lie like that just to please them ... 

Edited by steven100
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I call a spade a spade ... I speak the truth but some sites don't want the truth,  they just want you to lie and say they are good.  Well I wasn't bought up to lie like that just to please them ... 

A lot of the time it's not only spades that you call spades.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The hospital, it’s so beautiful, it’s just like a Zen garden, the pond, the gazebo at the centre of the pond. At 7am, pink lotuses opened and, at 7.30, white lotuses opened and everything was so nice.”

Exactly how hard did the kind Thai man hit him on the head ?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

If it has anything Russian about it I will boycott it .... and I'll tell everyone else the same.

So you would condemn his business because of his nationality? I guess that makes you a racist of sorts. Why not go and meet him and ask if he supports or condemns Vlad Putrid first. You know, gather some facts. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, bizboi said:

Good to see you supporting a regime that launches cruise missiles at innocent women and children and causes massive environmental damage at the behest of its tin pot dictator. Glad most of the good people of Liverpool don’t share your view

Bizarre post. What has any of that got to do with a long-time resident of Thailand opening a restaurant? He's Russian so he is responsible for what a leader he might detest is doing? Really?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So you would condemn his business because of his nationality? I guess that makes you a racist of sorts. Why not go and meet him and ask if he supports or condemns Vlad Putrid first. You know, gather some facts. 

I hear ya '   and your correct ....  but Russians aren't welcome anywhere at this time are they.   

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bizboi said:
13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You think any of them will take any notice of your irrational rant?!   Unless you know something about the owner, of course.

Good to see you supporting a regime that launches cruise missiles at innocent women and children and causes massive environmental damage at the behest of its tin pot dictator. Glad most of the good people of Liverpool don’t share your view

Where did I say that I support the Russian regime?   You need to back up that remark.

My comment was about your irrational vent against one Russian man who has opened a restaurant in Thailand, a person of whom you know nothing and, as far as any of us know, has done nothing to further the cause of Russian attacks on Ukraine.

What have the "good people of Liverpool" got to do with it and how could you ever know that they wouldn't share my view of your nonsensical attack on that restaurant owner?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This sounds like a candidate for Private Eye's Pseuds Corner.

>> "The restaurant, which Alesha prefers to call a “living room”, strives to respect the rules that Orwell set out in his essay. It is decorated carefully, so as to give a 19th century feeling to anyone entering. Paintings of Russian czars are hung on dark green walls, whose colour is reminiscent of old Russian dachas. Orwell wanted his pub’s architecture and fittings to be “uncompromisingly Victorian” and, if the actual Moon Under Water isn’t exactly Victorian, similar feelings are evoked when one enters."

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

yep ..but looks like its a black/white world he is living in

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zapitapi said:

what a genius u must be..but in my opinion people thinking in a simple manner like you are a good riddance anyway

bla ... bla ..bla ...  head on over to Pattaya and join your Russian mates will ya.   thanks

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Zapitapi said:

they actually are welcome almost everywhere ..maybe a little less tv indoctrination would help

Agree, in TH, as long as they're spending money, nobody cares where they or anyone is from.

It is ignorant and lazy to hate someone because of nationality.

Get to know them, have a conversation, check out their views. If you care enough to hate, you should make it personal.

I'm an American.... many times Thais assumed I supported Trump because I'm American. 180 degrees wrong on the support factor. Could be many Russians are here because they oppose Putin. Find out

• Like 1