Thailand eyes record 2 million Russian tourists despite geopolitical tensions

webfact

3 hours ago, realfunster said:

Go on then, please regale us with the extensive list of countries that has put a blanket ban on russian nationals entering for tourism.

England, Scotland ,Wales theres 3 how many more you want were talking about Tourist areas 

17 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

It appears  the Nation is proud of Putin’s citizens numbers, where else can they bask in the sun North Korea, Syria ? 

I hear they can be found all over, Indonesia, Africa, UAE, Turkey, Egypt as eg. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/26/2023 at 8:55 AM, webfact said:

(TAT) is poised to welcome a record-breaking 2 million Russian tourists next year

Oh really!! TAT, are you aware of this latest development in Russia (25 July 2023) ?? I bet not!

Russian lawmakers on Tuesday voted to increase the age for military conscription, a move aimed at expanding Moscow’s army ranks with a bigger pool of trained recruits who could potentially join the battle in Ukraine..............  The new measure, ............ applies to the year of military service required of all Russian men. Starting next year, those ages 18 to 30 will be required to serve; previously, it was 18 to 27. The bill also prohibits men who have been conscripted from leaving the country, an attempt to cut down on draft dodging.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2023/jul/25/russia-plans-to-increase-age-range-for-required-1-/

There are already restrictions on the issue of passports (28 September 2022):

Moscow will not give out passports to Russians mobilized by the army, a government information portal said Wednesday, as fears of travel restrictions rise and tens of thousands flee the country. 

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/09/28/russia-will-not-give-out-passports-to-mobilized-people-government-a78920

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm… 2 million Russian escapees more likely….  ?

Can't really tell the percentages but it is a significant percentage in any country that Russians are flocking to these days.

As far as Ukrainians, it's more complicated. If they are fighting age men, they should be back home to defend their nation against Putin's barbarism. Others, I would think there are still places of refuge in Europe. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/26/2023 at 2:06 PM, Digitalbanana said:

Judging by the lead photo I suppose having lost all sense of human decency as a nation, they have tossed all fashion sense to the wind like wise.

Thanks, for a minute there I thought it was only me lol!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/27/2023 at 4:14 PM, BarraMarra said:

Doesn't realy matter if there fellow country men invaded another country committing war crimes and kidnapping kids, but hey in Thailand everyone is welcome Including men who committed Genocide. So welcome our friends to the land of Smiles.

The americans have been welcome here too??

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2