Thaksin to return home on August 10, Paetongtarn says

webfact

4 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

We are discussing Thaksin and not the other evil in this world.  Don't try t deflect and derail this discussion.

Who promoted you to be in charge of this thread?

He has the same posting rights as you.

If you have a problem report it to the moderators, and accept their decision.

3 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

He may walk free after a day in prison with a royal pardon - Wissanu.

Did Wissanu actually say that?

Is Wissanu an 'officer' authorised to make such calls/statements?

Or just your wishful thinking?

15 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Did Wissanu actually say that?

Is Wissanu an 'officer' authorised to make such calls/statements?

Or just your wishful thinking?

He is the deputy prime minister Justice Minister and a legal scholar which made him credible when he made that comment to the news media. Try catching up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

He is the deputy prime minister Justice Minister and a legal scholar which made him credible when he made that comment to the news media. Try catching up. 

Didn't Cha-Cha take over most of the Ministerial posts.

And aren't there something like 15 Deputy PM's (all lame ducks?)????????

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Who promoted you to be in charge of this thread?

He has the same posting rights as you.

If you have a problem report it to the moderators, and accept their decision.

Pot calling kettle black? Are you part of the forum police btw?

Edited by SoilSpoil
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Edwin Cameron said:

You have punished him for many years and I'm sure he is a reformed man that miss's his country badly as a Thai that is banished from returning is the worst punishment to have bestowed on him, show a bit of compassion and let him return. thank you.

Has he ever shown any compassion to the families of folks gunned down in his drugs war? NO!

Has he ever shown any compassion to the folks who mistreated in his business dealings? NO!

He broke the law, he broke serious laws, he deserves the appropriate punishment same as any other person. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

59 minutes ago, Edwin Cameron said:

You have punished him for many years and I'm sure he is a reformed man that miss's his country badly as a Thai that is banished from returning is the worst punishment to have bestowed on him, show a bit of compassion and let him return. thank you.

Do you even realize what you are saying? Tak Bai, War on drugs, and you ask for compassion?  Big Pol Pot fan as well, I assume?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Your point?

Point being there is some Somchai in govt blah blahing to get his mug in the media thinking he can make face.

Nobody, including his peers would give a toss about him or his garbage.????????

8 minutes ago, greg71 said:

Um no - the guys is a murderer , corrupt and most of all an idiot who must serve his time in jail for the sentences he is charged with  ,no ifs buts or maybes . If he is let  free then the flood gates of hate will hit the streets like we have no seen for many years . 

I'm with you Greg, I've lived here since the late days of PM Prem, and whilst not a few corrupt and incompetent PMs followed Prem, none could match him for heartlessness and arrogance. All he understood was dominance, he set the Deep South on fire by abolishing the long standing agencies set up for understanding between the locals and government. He killed hundreds of innocents in the drugs war and quite a few activists disappeared during his tenure. Journalists called Thailand a police state. 

Poster who are recent to Thailand can only compare him to Prayuth!

Thailand desperately needs decent politicians to run the country, not Thaksin in cahoots with the junta.. 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SoilSpoil said:

Pot calling kettle black? Are you part of the forum police btw?

You seem to think that you are?

59 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Has he ever shown any compassion to the families of folks gunned down in his drugs war? NO!

Has he ever shown any compassion to the folks who mistreated in his business dealings? NO!

He broke the law, he broke serious laws, he deserves the appropriate punishment same as any other person. 

So what punishment would you give, if possible, to every general involved id stealing the country by an illegal military coup?

To my knowledge, NONE have ever been punished since the first coup back in 1932,

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Point being there is some Somchai in govt blah blahing to get his mug in the media thinking he can make face.

Nobody, including his peers would give a toss about him or his garbage.????????

Your point may mean something if he is your regular Somchai and he is not making any reference to the monarchy. 

32 minutes ago, greg71 said:

Um no - the guys is a murderer , corrupt and most of all an idiot who must serve his time in jail for the sentences he is charged with  ,no ifs buts or maybes . If he is let  free then the flood gates of hate will hit the streets like we have no seen for many years . 

Please tell me how many people Thaksin actually, personally murdered.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, greg71 said:

most of all an idiot

That is one thing you should not be calling him!

Have you made as much money as him and been an Elected (twice) leader of your country?

He was the first democratically elected prime minister of Thailand to serve a full term and was re-elected in 2005 by an overwhelming majority.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Off topic.

The topic is Thaksin to return home on August 10, Paetongtarn says.

NOT something that happened 100 years ago.

A very poor try at a diversion or deflection.

Would you like to try answering my question?

Besides the murder of about 3,000 people in his war on drugs, there are still some critical human rights lawyers missing. The Tak Bai and Kru Se massacres also happened during his time as PM. 

Is this what you wanted to read?

Edited by SoilSpoil
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

You seem to think that you are?

So what punishment would you give, if possible, to every general involved id stealing the country by an illegal military coup?

To my knowledge, NONE have ever been punished since the first coup back in 1932,

Your changing the subject, but yes in the big picture it's a valid point.

5 hours ago, Edwin Cameron said:

A BIG Happy Birthday Thaksin, I understand how much you miss Thailand and hope it wont be much longer till you return.

If you love him so much and you think he's mr nice guy go live with him in dubai.