Thaksin’s pending return signals done deal?

webfact

22 hours ago, Seppius said:

If he comes back with any power, that's the end of the cannabis trade

pretty sure it would be the end .For plutocrats of the Thaksin brand the only fun in life is accumulating wealth and power. a few suggestion for the anal hoarding Shinawatras: Limit the sale of alcohol further to a single hour , 7 to 8pm.Closing time for bars 10 pm.Fun is for losers .

And while Tony is at it, he might as well repeat his previous quadrupling of visa extension fee. Last time from 500 to 1900 Baht, this time from 1900 to 7500Baht. Helps with rich guys in ,losers out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, scorecard said:

In Thaiger this morning; he can apply for royal pardon immediately on arriving.

Elsewhere, the Department of Corrections said Thaksin's safety is top priority when he is imprisoned on his Aug 10 return.  For the full combined 10 year term, they said.  They will  also arrange family visit facilities.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, motdaeng said:

if I remember correctly, on friday, the parliament (under pm thaksin's leadership) changed the law so that

he could proceed with selling his company. by monday, the deal was completed!!!

of course, some may argue that changing the law was not entirely selfless ... :thumbsup:

I don't remember that, wouldn't surprise me, though. But strictly speaking it was his company and he could sell it to whomever he wanted to, but I distinctly remember that the Thai government was passed off because he sold it to Singapore instead of Thailand. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scorecard said:

From above "building up his telecom empire."

Note that the paymaster received a license to start a private / commercial telecome company from one of the ruthless / authoritarian coup leaders mentioned (gen. Sunthorn - now deceased).

It was on TV, the general handing the license to the paymaster.

Only one license issued, nobody given a chance apply for / bid for a license. 

Hence the paymaster had a very valuable monopoly and he took big advantage of this with very high prices / fees etc.

Also note this all happened when the telecoms laws of Thailand stated that all telecoms activity must be managed/operated by the state.

Dun just tell half the story

You do know that no one wanted to go into mobile telco at that time as it was new. 
that was how Mr T managed to get it for a bargain. Big George was probably kicking himself a decade on. 
this also points to Mr T’s sharp business acumen 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2023 at 11:42 AM, Hunz Kittisak said:

Dun just tell half the story

You do know that no one wanted to go into mobile telco at that time as it was new. 
that was how Mr T managed to get it for a bargain. Big George was probably kicking himself a decade on. 
this also points to Mr T’s sharp business acumen 

Total rubbish,

You posted "...You do know that no one wanted to go into mobile telco at that time as it was new. ,,,"

Sillyiest post this year. Anybody could see that gettinga telecoms license is a chance to get rich. 

Your story is nowhere near the truth of the situation which I posted a few items back on this thread. As I said it was on the TV news and other reporting indicating the scenario I posted. 

Edited by scorecard