If you were looking for a new relationship today what age gap would you aim for and why?

4 minutes ago, Petethefeet said:

Is this question directed at men or women? 

What doyou believe a young thai girl around 20 would said? 

A k pop star around her own age would have been odeal, but if nobody else, then a 100kg 55+ white foreigner would do for her?

3 hours ago, Hummin said:

A man should be the main caretaker financially, at least a man with respect for himself! 

This is nonsense. What happens if your partner is more wealthy(financially) than yourself? Would you accept to share costs or insist on paying for everything even if she has more than enough for the both of you? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, NextG said:

This is nonsense. What happens if your partner is more wealthy(financially) than yourself? Would you accept to share costs or insist on paying for everything even if she has more than enough for the both of you? 

What is the percentage of the members here who is together or married with a lady who have bigger fortune than them, or make more money than themselves? Except those who invested everything in the wife name? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

If you living with one lady who made 15k - 30k a month, would you ask her to share the expenses? 

You live in Thailand and bring your western standards? Ironic

Edited by Hummin

Just now, Hummin said:

What is the percentage of the members here who is together or married with a lady who have bigger fortune than them, or make more money than themselves? Except those who invested everything in the wife name? 

What has percentage to do with it? You made a blanket statement. Read it again to see if you can modify your statement with percentages. 

Just now, Hummin said:

If you living with one lady who made 15k - 30k a month, would you ask her to share the expenses? 

Is this what you meant when you made your blanket statement? The answer is; if I only ‘made 15k - 30k per month’, perhaps… and why not Mr Macho Man? ????

16 minutes ago, NextG said:

Is this what you meant when you made your blanket statement? The answer is; if I only ‘made 15k - 30k per month’, perhaps… and why not Mr Macho Man? ????

You as me understand what it takes to be a man in Thailand, it comes with responsibility, but also pride. If that is Macho, just be it! 

My wife care for me, I care for her. It is quite easy, but everything I transfer, she control 100%, and that is called trust. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Nice try at an edit, but just as bad. 
My relationships have not ever been financially based. You only know one way and think you know it best. 
Most of my partners have had more than me. I don’t care how much they have. We either like each other or we do not. 
Thai women can be happy to share/pay… perhaps just not yours. I’ve been followed home and showered with gifts here in Thailand. Hadn’t spoken nor set eyes on the girl prior. If someone likes you, it’s not about the money. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You as me understand what it takes to be a man in Thailand, it comes with responsibility, but also pride. If that is Macho, just be it! 

My wife care for me, I care for her. It is quite easy, but everything I transfer, she control 100%, and that is called trust. 

For me it’s the same everywhere. Thailand is no different. But I would choose what fits with me. I have offers from Thai women. But from me, it’s been a no. I forge my own path. That’s a man. It’s not about money. It’s about being the captain of your ship. If you think handing a woman all your money is that, then that is the path you have chosen. No dishonour in that. Trust is essential. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

Nice try at an edit, but just as bad. 
My relationships have not ever been financially based. You only know one way and think you know it best. 
Most of my partners have had more than me. I don’t care how much they have. We either like each other or we do not. 
Thai women can be happy to share/pay… perhaps just not yours. I’ve been followed home and showered with gifts here in Thailand. Hadn’t spoken nor set eyes on the girl prior. If someone likes you, it’s not about the money. 

As you talking short term obviously, and nice try to put another light to the topic. 

Man is the provider, and the woman is the caretaker from nature, unless you live in an relationship where you both happy just to have someone who wants to live with you. Mutual understanding, interests, roles and responsibilities is important for two people to manage a long term life together and also to cultivate feelings over long term as well.

Im quite sure you understand wat I ment, no need to start degrading people you never met, or know nothing about. 

My edit was from before I read your reply, so take it easy there.

6 minutes ago, NextG said:

For me it’s the same everywhere. Thailand is no different. But I would choose what fits with me. I have offers from Thai women. But from me, it’s been a no. I forge my own path. That’s a man. It’s not about money. It’s about being the captain of your ship. If you think handing a woman all your money is that, then that is the path you have chosen. No dishonour in that. Trust is essential. 

Good for you found your way! 

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

As you talking short term obviously, and nice try to put another light to the topic. 

Man is the provider, and the woman is the caretaker from nature, unless you live in an relationship where you both happy just to have someone who wants to live with you. Mutual understanding, interests, roles and responsibilities is important for two people to manage a long term life together and also to cultivate feelings over long term as well.

Im quite sure you understand wat I ment, no need to start degrading people you never met, or know nothing about. 

Now you are trying to tell me that I meant ‘short term’. Do you see what I meant by you thinking you know it better?

NONE of my relationships have been financially based. That is my choice. If a woman doesn’t offer to pay by the third date and I know that she has the means to do so, that will be the last time we go out together. That’s my choice. 
If you want to keep putting your hand in your pocket, that’s your choice. 
I get to see a different side of life than you. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

From nature? Which nature? In some species the woman is bigger than the male. Some will even kill the males after mating. In humans we have matriarchal society. In big cats the lionesses do the hunting. 
I know what you meant, but it doesn’t mean that I agree with you or that you are right. I’m certainly not deriding you. If you are a good person then good should befall you. 

4 minutes ago, NextG said:

Now you are trying to tell me that I meant ‘short term’. Do you see what I meant by you thinking you know it better?

NONE of my relationships have been financially based. That is my choice. If a woman doesn’t offer to pay by the third date and I know that she has the means to do so, that will be the last time we go out together. That’s my choice. 
If you want to keep putting your hand in your pocket, that’s your choice. 
I get to see a different side of life than you. 

If you talking western girls, I appreciate them share the bills, or at least contribute when out dining and drinking, but in Thailand, I would not expect any woman paying if dating! 

Thats how it is in Thailand, and many other countries in the world.

Now my wife pays everything anyway, but Im the main provider anyway, since she is a farming housewife, and being egoistic, I do not want her to work anywhere, because it would limit our freedom to do what we want, when I want to. 

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

From nature? Which nature? In some species the woman is bigger than the male. Some will even kill the males after mating. In humans we have matriarchal society. In big cats the lionesses do the hunting. 
I know what you meant, but it doesn’t mean that I agree with you or that you are right. I’m certainly not deriding you. If you are a good person then good should befall you. 

Primals like you and me, the men are the dominant one ????

6 minutes ago, Hummin said:

If you talking western girls, I appreciate them share the bills, or at least contribute when out dining and drinking, but in Thailand, I would not expect any woman paying if dating! 

Now my wife pays everything anyway, but Im the main provider anyway, since she is a farming housewife, and being egoistic, I do not want her to work anywhere, because it would limit our freedom to do what we want, when I want to. 

I understand everything and criticise nothing. I tried the same in my ‘home’ country; to find a girl to support that would have more free time to spend with me. It turned out that she is from a wealthy, connected family. If it works, it works. That’s what’s important. 

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Primals like you and me, the men are the dominant one ????

I think you mean Primates ☺️ and again you are back with the macho nonsense. Some who imagine they are dominant are being dominated. The harder you try the easier to be bested. I don’t worry about who is dominant unless it’s not good for me. Sometimes I take charge, sometimes I lay back. No problem. 

18 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I do not deign to judge. You decide the life you want to lead and you live it. That’s what makes you a man. 

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Thai women don't agree with you. 99% choose a Thai guy who couldn't afford or want to pay for everything. 

Very few Thai women want a foreigner.

1 minute ago, buddyy said:

Sorry, for guys.
I know im in the minority, just meant to ask are there similar out there.

Sometimes, even when I was the older one, I felt like the younger one. Age isn’t an indicator of maturity. 

1 minute ago, NextG said:

Sometimes, even when I was the older one, I felt like the younger one. Age isn’t an indicator of maturity. 

Its not important to me anyway, when im happy with someone im happy, just curious as its not the norm obviously.

On 7/28/2023 at 3:22 PM, sidjameson said:

A perennial favourite topic. 

I'm 55. If I were single I know I should aim for a compatible 40 year old. I fear id be aiming for the nearest to the hottest 25 year old I could find.

When I was early 50s my age gap was 30 plus a little; i.e. actually 32-33 years age gap...????

Today I'm older, so the age gap i would look for would gap will be larger...:whistling:

53 minutes ago, Hummin said:

but in Thailand, I would not expect any woman paying if dating! 

I beg to differ. Please do not generalise. 

It ALL depends on the character of the woman.

It's pure bad luck that you've met the wrong type in Thailand and wherever... - the normal day to day Thai lady is good as any other found in the East or West. 

Edited by ravip

43 minutes ago, ravip said:

but in Thailand, I would not expect any woman paying if dating! 

I beg to differ. Please do not generalise. 

It ALL depends on the character of the woman.

It's pure bad luck that you've met the wrong type in Thailand and wherever... - the normal day to day Thai lady is good as any other found in the East or West. 

I agree.

My SO has a lot smaller salary than me, but she always insists on paying for various stuff (taxi, some meals or support electric bill etc) even when i say its not necessary.

She just wants to contribute and i appreciate it.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, sidjameson said:

Thai women don't agree with you. 99% choose a Thai guy who couldn't afford or want to pay for everything. 

Very few Thai women want a foreigner.

I answered that earlier, most Thai girls wants a thai man who provide for them!