Weather Apps

Weather prediction is not possible, unless you are looking at a general area and a short time. The time is in hours to days.

Accurate rain prediction for a small area is not possible. I have seen rain on one side of a street while the other side was dry. No forecast has ever been able to be that specific.

There are some areas where you can predict no rain and some times of the year where you can be reasonably sure of no rain.

There is a reason why the weather services have the most advanced powerful computers.

On 8/1/2023 at 3:52 PM, sometimewoodworker said:

Weather prediction is not possible, unless you are looking at a general area and a short time. The time is in hours to days.

Accurate rain prediction for a small area is not possible. I have seen rain on one side of a street while the other side was dry. No forecast has ever been able to be that specific.

There are some areas where you can predict no rain and some times of the year where you can be reasonably sure of no rain.

There is a reason why the weather services have the most advanced powerful computers.

The www.windy.com shows real time rain. I would say for my location it is 98% accurate - if rain at my house it almost certainly is raining. It also shows the movement of rain, so if there is a storm front coming you can expect it, as long as it's not far away. It may break up or dissapate. It other instances, rain can start spontaneously from existing clouds.  image.png.ae073af4f2dfefb2920620e353a755b2.pngThe The current situation.