Thai Police Pledge to Eradicate Foreign Motorcycle Clubs Involved in Alleged Criminal Activities

snoop1130

2 hours ago, Goat said:

It has been a while since they have upped it.

I am more concerned about my elite visa. Hard to know how it will play out.

I can’t see any reason to be concerned about that. They might make it a bit more expensive, but that’s all.

Cancelling it would never happen. 

We are not worried about foreign bike gangs, since they are nothing to be worried about. I have only good things to say about them, since I have good experience. However, the true mafia in Thailand is the Thai Police. If any, these are the ones that needs to be taken care off.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Gee you like complaining about Thais. Feeling a bit victimised are we?

1. They havent said they wont go after Thais as well. They do everyday. The jails are overcrowded.

2. These clubs are known to be involved in criminal activity. They are famous for it. Should they be ignored so as not to upset your sensitivities?

It is not the Thais that I have an issue with. I like most Thai people. It is the cops, who are franchisees, and the government officials. I am not a victim. On any level. I just say it as I see it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Include something that excludes all the farangs calling for visa tightening.

seems you don't know the regulations and laws...

I am now 21 years in Thailand and always obeyed to the rules.

You MUST have an insurance I mention because I got asked twice to borrow cash for a hospital bill.

Both were over 500k. Why?  Because this compatriot didn't have one, but as he was healthy he was the big mouth.

800K (or 65.000 monthly Income).

Beside a good insurance coverage I have a backup saved within 3 years starting at 2002.

(Multiple times the required 800K which adds now yearly a nice interest.)

This account I never touch beside the yearly interest print out. 

It isn't difficult to do if you continue month by month. 

You didn't made it in your home country, then don't try it in another country.

Thailand is not waiting just for you, but if you like the country then stick to the rules... 

Yes, I agree that the Visa regulations getting tightened.

NOT with more money in the Bank but enforcing the rules without bypasses..

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As my 5 year old Granddaughter say to me " Calm Down "

This will blow over these biker gangs is small stuff a favor of the month or hair up their butts. This is something big joke can grandstand and photo op the numbers are so small and money is too small versus the attention it brings. 

On a much larger massive scale what is the update on the Chinese Triads grey business as I noted it is so large monetary it is going to get sweep under the rug.????????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Typically, the gangs do not meddle with Thai people as they know it will land them in trouble more easily than when they do with foreigners.

Typically the Pattaya police will not meddle with any wrong-doers unless there is a chance of financial reward.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2023 at 5:59 PM, BE88 said:

Big Joke declares that it is necessary to amend the pension permit law because it is too easy to obtain it with 800,000 B. and that to attract quality people it will be necessary to amend it. I assume he meant quality person who is willing to deposit a few million in Thai bank.

The tic tac has begun for our departure from the country of the quick smile.

On 8/1/2023 at 5:59 PM, BE88 said:

What's that got to do with Motorcycle gangs or criminals?

And I presume by "pension permit law" you mean extension of Visa?

And why should he be making it more difficult for law abiding citizens to settle here and spend their money? 

Edited by sambum

On 8/1/2023 at 6:04 PM, NoDisplayName said:

That's strange.  No mention by the joker as to how easy it is to obtain a visa with no money in the bank in exchange for a brown envelope with 25K baht to an agent.

Must be an urban legend.

Article in the bangkok post, I also read it, and it’s true basically stated that Thailand needs to increase the money requirements for visas to keep out the trouble makers 

On 8/1/2023 at 6:03 PM, NextG said:

Who will do that with a smile? Criminals with their ill-gotten gains. 

Classic Thai logic. Remember last year when the Russian oligarch parked his mega yacht in Samui to avoid it being seized and Immigration swam out to the boat to give entry stamps and fresh mangos like they were hosting a celebrity?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, LikeItHot said:

Classic Thai logic. Remember last year when the Russian oligarch parked his mega yacht in Samui to avoid it being seized and Immigration swam out to the boat to give entry stamps and fresh mangos like they were hosting a celebrity?

Really? They swam out, wow

On 8/2/2023 at 12:19 AM, BangkokReady said:

Why not crack down on all outlaw motorcycle clubs, foreign and local?

Ban them, revoke visas of people wearing a patch, in NZ they are now organised crime, teamed up with the Chinese making meth.

Politicians said it would never happen, but my Police friend said they have teamed up and are very well organised