Trump charged with four counts over 2020 election

Social Media

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Not many people have the mental capacity to direct complex criminal investigations.

However, if you believe that there is some secret left wing group directing these indictments, you are deluded.

I don't think it takes a "secret left wing group" to organize a bunch of Trump-hating zealots. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

What they said (as per the indictment) and what they will say on the witness stand is that trump was intimately involved with the illegal attempt to  eradicate American democracy

How do you know what they said? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Dershowitz effectively said the charges are political and that while he may be convicted by a DC jury, he said it would be overturned at the appellate level. 

But who cares? stop bandying about the name of a, to use Trump language, "washed-up has-been wannabe." This old man "effectively" got off Virginia Giuffre's case by keeping his panties on during massage, nevertheless his notoriety has gone down hill since. And repeat, no one cares a straw (sorry for bringing up the image) about his "smoking gun."

Edited by watthong
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

It takes people who have been successful in life, not losers who need a messiah through which they can try to live vicariously

Sure but as populists going back to Louisiana's Huey Long in the 1930's realized: Successful people have one vote and "losers" have one vote and there may be more of the latter than the former.

11 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Not many people have the mental capacity to direct complex criminal investigations.

However, if you believe that there is some secret left wing group directing these indictments, you are deluded.

He believes in the infamous Kabal

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

He believes in the infamous Kabal

AND --

August 7, 2023 at 11:46 a.m. EDT

A majority of Americans think the Trump probes are about 2024

New polling from CBS News, conducted by YouGov, shows that arguments like the one made by Lauro have real traction. Nearly 6 in 10 Americans think that the investigations into Trump are an effort to keep him from winning the White House next year. Trump argues that he’s being indicted because his opponents want to punish his supporters; half of Republicans think that the probes are “an attack on people like me.”

In other words, most Republicans — and perhaps most Americans — think that Biden is engaged in what Trump is accused of doing: manipulating the system to retain power. Subtle arguments about the role of a special counsel probably won’t do much to reverse that idea.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/08/07/trump-federal-election-charges/

https://archive.is/wrhPK

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s not a matter of what most Americans think, it’s a matter of what a jury of 12 think.

Oh. Thanks for that.

But most Americans is who will elect the next President in 2024 and -- at least to me -- that is more importrant than the outcome of any of these Trump criminal trials extent or  possible.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well maybe, but don’t get your hopes up:

My hopes are that he isn't the Republican nominee and, if he is, he loses.

And just because I am not part of the tar-and-feather squad on here, I don't know why you would think otherwise.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t see the Republicans have a way out of selecting Trump as their candidate, a mess of their own making.

The ‘Republican Party’ doesn’t really exist anymore, it’s been replaced by an extremist cult.

The party of ‘small government’ now focussed on controlling the minutiae of citizens lives.

You were the one who alluded to my 'hopes'.