British chain Costa Coffee faces boycott calls over transgender illustration

Social Media

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Scars from a double mastectomy to advertise coffee? Ridiculous. What's next? A set of gonads lying on a surgeon's table to advertise their scones?

Hopefully Costa Coffee go the same way as Bud Light. 

Go Woke, Go Broke.

https://nypost.com/2023/07/31/bud-light-distributors-no-longer-expect-sales-to-recover-from-dylan-mulvaney-disaster/

Go bigotry. Be a horrible person. 

No rhyme offered.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

No it isn't.

Simple as that.

It definitely is. 

Let's say they showed a Jew.

And people supporting boycotting them because they showed a Jew.

According to you, that wouldn't be bigotry? I CALL B.S.

Yes, people do have the right to boycott whatever they want.

But not without consequences.

Not without exposing themselves as vile bigots if they are boycotting because they don't like a marketing depiction of a minority group that they hate.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Totally different. 

I have nothing against people who have breast enhancements. Actually I like them a lot. But I do not want to be reminded of breast enhancement surgery when having a coffee. Nothing to do with bigotry. It's inappropriate in that environment. All for the ego of some virtue signalling marketing pleb. 

I also dislike companies forcing their ideologies on their customers. Whether I agree with that ideology or not. I am a Catholic, but I would not support companies forcing Catholocism ideology down the throats of their customers. I guess that makes me a Catholic hater, even though I am Catholic... :coffee1:

It's not different. It's exactly the same.

It's "interesting" that you view depiction of a Jew as promoting Jewish "ideology" as if that's even a thing and boycotting because of a depiction of a Jew as a religious matter when it's obviously a racist matter.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Why do I need to look away from images of breast removal when I enjoy a morning coffee? 

I'll just go somewhere else.

Irrational if you like their coffee but you're free to be irrational and you're also free to be a bigot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Just as you are free to be an angry, bitter individual who resorts to hurling insults around when they have clearly lost the debate. 

Not saying you are of course. Just that you are free to be, should you choose such a path. ????

You're free to be a piece of work. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Social Media said:

image.png

Costa Coffee is the United Kingdom’s largest coffee chain and the world’s second largest coffee chain after Starbucks.

Anti-LGBTQ social media users are threatening to boycott the world’s second-largest coffee chain after a photo of one of its mobile cafe vans, which bore an illustration of a transgender person, began to circulate online Monday.

The hashtag #BoycottCostaCoffee garnered traction after outspoken critics took issue with the illustration, which shows a trans person with scars from a double mastectomy, also known as top surgery. Others tweeted in support of the illustration, saying it brought visibility to trans people. It was not immediately clear when the illustration was first displayed or how many cafe vans it was printed on.  

James Esses, co-founder of the anti-trans group Thoughtful Therapists, told NBC News he learned of the cafe van mural when one of his followers sent him a photo of it through X, the platform formerly known as Twitter. Esses posted the photo to his account Monday, writing to Costa Coffee, “Could you kindly explain why you are glorifying irreversible surgery,” among other comments.

image.png

FULL STORY

image.png

It could arguably be a cancer survivor after a double mastectomy. I doubt the “ boycott” will gain much traction.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

Actually it is the fault of the marketing VP for not understanding that their customer base does not wish to have trans ideology forced  upon them when they just want a refreshing drink. 

Go Woke, Go Broke.

I call B.S.

It's not as if all their products had that imagery. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

OOhhhhhhh. You really hurt my feelings ????. I'm a bit disappointed you didn't call me a Nazi though. Go on, you know you want to ????.

Meanwhile I maintain my position that companies should focus on selling a good product at a good price, and not pushing their own ideologies onto their customer base, no matter what that ideology is. 

In other words -- white wash, straight wash, Christian wash, cis wash everything. The perfect dystopian world for the bigot brigade.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1