Move Forward party ready join the opposition

snoop1130

main-2023-08-02T192929.216.png

Move Forward party secretary-general Chaithawat Tulathon announced today (Wednesday) that the party is ready to take a role in opposition, as he offered an apology to their supporters for the party’s failure to form a government.

Chaithawat called a press conference after the Pheu Thai party announced that it is leaving the eight-party coalition, led by Move Forward, to attempt to form its own coalition government.

The party’s secretary-general denied press reports that Pheu Thai had either asked Move Forward to backtrack on its policy to amend the lèse majesté law or support its prime ministerial candidate.

Caption: Move Forward party secretary-general Chaithawat Tulathon

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/move-forward-party-ready-join-the-opposition/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-08-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

But its policy to amend the lèse majesté law is what the electorate wanted that's why they won! its now looking like some kind of plain clothes coup is underway that will be swiftly be followed by a uniformed one ???? 

Not necessary. 

Many Pro-Pita posters on this forum ( Note non-voters )  are opposed to MFP stance on weed,  are they ?    By same token,   it might not be all 38% of MFP voters buy into altering 112 policy. 

I interpreted MFP mis-judged the public mood about 112 at least as of now,  and MFP lacked political tact to twist and navigate.  ( promising not touching this subject for 3/4 years until near end of the term and re-election campaign time would turn the table and put pressure on the opponents )  

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Pheu Thai are untrustful as it shows.. Tey claim not to amend section 112, but what will happen when they have the PM?? Or is it normal that this law is used to lock up children and people without a decent reason? The punishment for violating section 112 is much more than killing someone..and MFP is correct by not giving in on this matter. I hope tomorrow Pita will get his second chance, but maybe more MP will vote against PT now as they broke their promise, but the senators will be happy, although Thaksin will return now

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Strongly disagree.

Have you been to a movie recently?

My view is that sentiment for change to this law is actually under-represented by MFP's mandate. That's because people are a bit afraid to voice their support for fear of retribution by the powers that be. Thais are taught early on, and throughout their lives, to be subservient, and to respect their betters, or else.

There is really only a tiny segment of the population holding firm on any changes to the power dynamics in Thailand.

The Ultra-Royalist Thai Pakdee Party gained very few votes: 102,237 party list, and 97,513 constituency. Oof.

and ZERO seats, so that should tell you something.

Again, 112 was just a small part of the reforms. The Elites used it to indoctrinate the masses into thinking that MFP hated the monarchy and therefore justify their lynching of Pita. 

It was the 3D reforms that they were truly scared of along with the large number of voters who agreed with them. 

Edited by damian
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Toolong said:

They have wisely invested......against popular trends!.....in integrity and showing political b*lls. 

I hope will pay due dividends. Respect. ????

Integrity, ethics, morals and bravery don't work round these parts, unfortunately.

Edited by Mr Meeseeks

They should have kept quiet on reforms until they got in that is what most governments do  they were too honest about their policies it's too late now unfortunately and the dinosaurs don't like change I know the people voted for that but they and their elites are too powerful it doesn't matter what people voted for this just proves it

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Integrity, ethics, morals and bravery don't work round these parts, unfortunately.

True enough, Mr Meeseeks.....certainly in a political context. 

Yet if (putting my naive hat on, here?) the means* by which such virtues 'don't work' are changed or eliminated (very current example possible....say, from unelected, appointed senators to elected in future) then it's reasonable to hope that one day they will (or 'could'!) work. ????

* to go into what all those 'means' are is something I just ain't got time for right now! But I'm sure you know what I mean....rigged, corrupt judicial institutions; overly powerful military, controlled by even more powerful, monopolistic corporate elite, etc, etc..