Tourist Demand Boosts Airlines to Expand Routes in Southeast Asia

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - As tourist demand continues to surge, airlines in Southeast Asia are gearing up for an extensive expansion of flights. The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) predicts a full recovery of the airline industry in the fourth quarter of next year, with pre-Covid levels expected to return by 2025.

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) aims to capitalize on the rising trend, targeting the "CIA" market, which includes China, India, and ASEAN countries. Their ambitious goal is to attract 25 million tourists this year and 35 million next year.

To cater to this growing demand, Thai Lion Air is set to resume six daily flights from Bangkok to various Chinese cities, including Guangzhou, Chengdu, and Shanghai. Additionally, they will restart flights to Tokyo from Bangkok through Taipei. These moves are scheduled to commence in mid-August.

EVA Airways is also joining in on the action, intending to promote Thailand as a top tourist destination through its extensive flight network covering Asia, North America, Europe, and Australia. The airline offers a significant number of direct flights to Bangkok, Taipei, China, Japan, and Seoul.

In response to the preferences of Indian travelers for flying with Indian airlines, the TAT is closely monitoring the Indian market. They observed a decline in the number of business travelers in the region. However, a new Indian airline called Akasa Air is expected to begin operations by the end of the year.

Meanwhile, Nok Air is preparing to resume flights to Singapore, and Air Asia is planning flights from Bangkok to Cebu, Philippines, to cater to Filipino travelers. MYAirline from Malaysia is also considering offering international flights to Bangkok’s airports, as well as services to other popular Thai destinations like Phuket, Chiang Mai, Krabi, and Samui.

by Krajangwit Johjit

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230803103740391

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2023-08-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

No way Bangkok Airways will allow anyone else to fly into Samui they own the airport and so have a Monoploy on it. Anyone trying will have to cough up a lot of money to use it and will have to increase the fare to make up for this.

Edited by BarraMarra
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

No way Bangkok Airways will allow anyone else to fly into Samui they own the airport and so have a Monoploy on it. Anyone trying will have to cough up a lot of money to use it and will have to increase the fare to make up for this.

Didn't THAI have flights there too for awhile.

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Didn't THAI have flights there too for awhile.

No Barry I just checked the only Airline that flys into Samui is Chendu Airways and only after a 3-year absence due to covid give you 1 guess where there operate from ?

Edited by BarraMarra
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

No Barry I just checked the only Airline that flys into Samui is Chendu Airways and only after a 3-year absence due to covid give you 1 guess where there operate from ?

I know they don't fly there now, but I think they did pre-Covid. As for your second point, I spy with my little eye something beginning with C

2 hours ago, DjSilver said:

There are no reasons why tourists should go to Thailand and support the dictatorship. And the only way to make the stupid Thais learn, is to make sure the money from the tourists stops.

Most tourists are not aware of the political situation in Thailand,...they just want a holiday on a exotic beach...!!!

2 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Same goes for Trad airport.

3 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

A close friend of mine has just jumped the Bus from Udon Thani to Pattaya. He was going to pay over 3,000 Tbt to Nok Air for a single flight to DM.

Obviously living as a Cheap Charlie ????????????

4 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

I think the writer was trying to spice up his article. 

• Like 1