What happened with 90 days reporting when you leave Thailand?

Is the following statement correct ?

You are excused from 90-day reporting as a foreign national living in the country if you leave Thailand during the specific 90-day period before the due date is up. In such cases, the moment you re-enter the country on the same visa, the 90-day count restarts.

• Like 2

The OP comment is basically correct... When you leave the country, the clock on your 90 day reporting resets and starts with a new 90-day count beginning with the day of your return.

Except, the 90 day clock doesn't just "restart" -- the term used in the OP... It RESETS, meaning starts with an entirely new 90-day  clock... not a continuation of the prior one at the point of departure.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Petchou said:

Is the following statement correct ?

You are excused from 90-day reporting as a foreign national living in the country if you leave Thailand during the specific 90-day period before the due date is up. In such cases, the moment you re-enter the country on the same visa, the 90-day count restarts.

Yes. How could you do a 90 day report if you have not been in Thailand for 90 days.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The OP comment is basically correct... When you leave the country, the clock on your 90 day reporting resets and starts with a new 90-day count beginning with the day of your return.

Except, the 90 day clock doesn't just "restart" -- the term used in the OP... It RESETS, meaning starts with an entirely new 90-day  clock... not a continuation of the prior one at the point of departure.

It RESTARTS from day 01 again. It does not CONTINUE from where it left off.

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

It RESTARTS from day 01 again. It does not CONTINUE from where it left off.

That's what I said...when I wrote:

" It RESETS, meaning starts with an entirely new 90-day  clock... not a continuation of the prior one at the point of departure."

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Petchou said:

You are excused from 90-day reporting as a foreign national living in the country if you leave Thailand during the specific 90-day period

Yes, just as you're "excused" from paying the bill at a restaurant where you didn't eat ????

As others have noted, the reporting requirement is for those who stay in Thailand for 90 days in a row. Anyone who doesn't stay for that length of time has no reporting obligation, and therefore nothing to be "excused" from.

On 8/3/2023 at 3:15 PM, KannikaP said:

Yes. How could you do a 90 day report if you have not been in Thailand for 90 days.

I know this is a stupid reply, but I just cant help myself. "online report"

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, malt25 said:

Agree with your first phrase. Why would you need to do a 90 day online report if you are not in Thailand?

Edited by KannikaP

15 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Agree with your first phrase. Why would you need to do a 90 day online report if you are not in Thailand?

But it is possible to do a 90 day report before you are in Thailand 90 days since last report was the point of his post.  And that is true.

Edited by lopburi3

11 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

But it is possible to do a 90 day report before you are in Thailand 90 days since last report was the point of his post.  And that is true.

Are you saying that you can report that you are living in Thailand, when you are not here? I think not. The 90 days starts the day you enter the country, and that is Day 1.

4 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Are you saying that you can report that you are living in Thailand, when you are not here? I think not. The 90 days starts the day you enter the country, and that is Day 1.

OK - you are in Thailand and file your 90 day report two weeks early (as many of us do).  So report is filed and often accepted before 90 day stay.

Nothing to do with not being in Thailand - although you could leave day you filed and not be here for 90 days.

Edited by lopburi3

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

You didn't read the post correctly.

@lopburi said you can report your 90 days before the due date (eg: on day 85) if you are in Thailand.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

But it is possible to do a 90 day report before you are in Thailand

Please explain how or why.

OK, online, but that is telling lies because you would not be in the country. 

And actually, as an off topic note, I cannot get onto the 90 day page on the Immigration website. It just goes round & round, back to the first page. Help anyone.

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, couchpotato said:

You didn't read the post correctly.

@lopburi said you can report your 90 days before the due date (eg: on day 85) if you are in Thailand.

Lopburi said.....But it is possible to do a 90 day report before you are in Thailand 90 days since last report was the point of his post.  And that is true.

Of course you can do 90 days report 15 days early, but NOT before you enter Thailand, which is how I read it.

Edited by KannikaP

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Please explain how or why.

OK, online, but that is telling lies because you would not be in the country. 

And actually, as an off topic note, I cannot get onto the 90 day page on the Immigration website. It just goes round & round, back to the first page. Help anyone.

You misunderstood lopburi.

Also cut what he posted.

Clearly was referring to someone in Thailand can do the 90 day report early. 

I generally do mine at 75 day mark.

As for issue with online report.

Are you using this link 

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/register/add

15 hours ago, malt25 said:

It's called humour, sarcasm, not appreciated by all, I understand. "Yes. How could you do a 90 day report if you have not been in Thailand for 90 days." My reply, comment was tongue in cheek, it could be done online.

• Love It 1

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

You misunderstood lopburi.

Also cut what he posted.

Clearly was referring to someone in Thailand can do the 90 day report early. 

I generally do mine at 75 day mark.

As for issue with online report.

Are you using this link 

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/tm47/#/register/add

Sorry, I misunderstood some confusing English. I know the rules.

Thanks for the Immigration Link. 90 days report now DONE, 10 days early!