Starting a youtube channel

bignok

There's that couple that did videos. Holistic trainer. My ex wife calls them Beavis and Butthead. Aussie guy and Thai girl. She started all normal and shy but seemed to become popular and dressed all sexy. A bit over the top and inappropriate for the situation e.g. going to breakfast at the hotel but dressed for a nightclub. But good luck to her as she got popular. So if your girlfriend is really a hotty 9 out of 10 look out for a lot of attention. Most videos were dull content though. Going to the same places. Staying in hotel and getting excited over stock standard food. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bignok said:

What if the mrs started a channel. Temples and caves. Audio in Thai. I drive her around. She films and does the talking. Target Thai audience.

Would it work?

if she doesn't have that personality then no. 

• Like 2

Rather focus on sights not us. Its annoying to see people 90% in shots. Get out of the way. Ever seen JC retire cheap? He puts his ugly head in 90% of the footage and just talks

I think film it like a tv show. More scenary then just talk over it. 

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, bignok said:

Would it work?

Would it work for what?

Get famous?

Make a lot of money?

There are lots of "I wish I had known this at the beginning" YouTube videos out there from people who are now successful.

I never was interested in any of this, but this is what I learned anyhow:

At the beginning you will be bad. Accept it and just get better.

It seems many cameras will do the job. Make sure you get a good mike or mikes for what you are doing (i.e. for outdoor).

Publish regularly, that is what subscribers expect.

Be prepared to do this for a long time before you/she will be noticed and maybe become successful.

And once you are successful then do more of the same. It seems you can't just take a break and relax and hope after that all will continue like before.

Personally I think you and she should think carefully if you really want to do that. I will be a lot of hard work, especially the editing. And you have to do that for a long time before maybe you get successful. And maybe not.

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, bignok said:

Rather focus on sights not us. Its annoying to see people 90% in shots. Get out of the way. Ever seen JC retire cheap? He puts his ugly head in 90% of the footage and just talks

there are companies with huge budgets and production teams to do the sights. youtube channels it's a mix of content and personality that sells or makes the channel popular. 

she will have to talk and things like that even if not on camera. so then without that personality odds are the channel will not take off. 

what new and exciting things will the channel do that hasn't been done already ? 

11 minutes ago, bignok said:

What a great idea ......... a Youtube channel , I am sure you will make a fortune , always best to get in

at the beginning of a trend.......????  Good Luck

regards worgeordie

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

What a great idea ......... a Youtube channel , I am sure you will make a fortune , always best to get in

regards worgeordie

New ones start every month and some do well. It isnt going away. Just have a find the right niche.

• Like 1

The ones I see popular with Thais, Thai women talking about life in a different country, Women talking behind the farang husbands back about how hard it is to cope. And then there is the one that channels angry dead babies that are causing their parent's bad luck.

1 minute ago, bunnydrops said:

The ones I see popular with Thais, Thai women talking about life in a different country, Women talking behind the farang husbands back about how hard it is to cope. And then there is the one that channels angry dead babies that are causing their parent's bad luck.

Food channels are the big ones in English and Thai.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

regards worgeordie

Does anybody really know who will be sucessful?

Sometimes I hear about successful channels with millions of subscribers. And maybe I have a look at it. And then I ask myself: why does anybody want to see this?

Just a random video from this guy. The video has 8.3 million views and he has 23 million subscribers.

Does that make any sense to anybody?

Watching temples is likely more interesting... 

My ex thai wife likes Richie and Maybelle in Phuket. Fairly down to earth. Run a cafe. Not my cup of tea but nice couple. She also really liked this christian western lady with a thai husband with cute kids. Stayed in Koh Samui a lot I think. Nice hotels all the time. Talked about helping others. Set up a successful clothing business or something. Lots of views. 

Based on these two there are two ways to consider:

Down to earth and simple and honest with a bit of humour.

Or aspirational giving people something they wish they had and gives them an escape.

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does anybody really know who will be sucessful?

Sometimes I hear about successful channels with millions of subscribers. And maybe I have a look at it. And then I ask myself: why does anybody want to see this?

Just a random video from this guy. The video has 8.3 million views and he has 23 million subscribers.

Does that make any sense to anybody?

Watching temples is likely more interesting... 

We travel for hobby. If we make peanuts we havent lost anything except editing time. Gf can do that. If it goes well a bonus. 

Is your Mrs. cute and sexy with personality?  Like it or not these type of channels usually get more subs and views.

Also, I assume everyone is aware how many of these channels are built.   Many buy their subs, views, likes, whatever you want.  You can buy in bulk which means it is probably mostly bots.

When you see someone with 25k subs and they are getting 1,000 views the first 5 days, then it jumps to 10k views the next day, they more then likely bought the subs and are buying views.

Just saying, channels who use this strategy it seems like shenanigans to me.

Edited by bkk6060

Just now, bkk6060 said:

Is your Mrs. cute and sexy with personality?  Like it or not these type of channels usually get more subs and views.

Also, I assume everyone is aware how many of these channels are built.   Many buy their subs, views, likes, whatever you want.  You can buy in bulk which means it is probably mostly bots.

When you see someone with 25k subs and they are getting 1,000 views the first 5 days, then it jumps to 10k views the next day, they more then likely bought the subs and are buying views.

Just saying, channels who use this strategy it seems like borderline fraud to me.

They ask people to buy them a coffee