Would you ever marry a bar girl? If so, why?

bob smith

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If she is your friend you are a lucky man and a rarity.

Why should it be your responsibility to turn her on every time? Does she only want sex if you make the moves? Why isn't it up to her to turn you on too?

I guess Im kucky, and I believe Im lucky as anyone should be. 

It takes both to cultivate each other, and as I say, Interest in each others happiness. 

Im not complaining much, neither does her, and if she speaks, I try to listen, even its not that interesting, and I do go shopping with her sometimes, even I hate it, but it makes her happy ????

What I think is the main essens and the most important, we have small farm, garden and animals we care for, and I truly believe thats the essens of our life.  Also her parents and family is great people, and always willing to support and help their daughter with the farm, and take care when we/Im not there.

Nr one important factor in a relationship with a thai, will always be her family. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Huge amount of prejudice and stereotypes within the opening statement, curious as to why you need to create a massive negative stereotype to then ask as question, do you feel the need to feel superior in some way?

Do you feel superior? Is that what's bothering you, your way of thinking is the right way and you cant grasp that others would look at things differently without the baggage of of a prejudice complex?

What about a burger girl, a teacher girl or maid girl, perhaps a bar boy? Are there other types of jobs that unnerve you or is it just your put in a box catch all reference of what you think a bar girl is? 

What about the really handsome guys that marry girl outside your love norms, are they even harder for you to get your head around.

We all have our prejudices, I don't really get why people get married at all for example and whilst I could speculate looking for some confirmation of weakness for those who do if I felt the need to convince myself my own prejudice was right.

If I was actually curious, I don't think the starting point would be to burden those who get married with massive negative stereotypes and then ask the question for others to speculate, I'd just openly ask those who are married and get balanced informed varied view. My own view may even change as a result, it has not to date but at least I would not pre-bias any responses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

What if he's never had any friends?

Sadly the the thing I hate about Thailand is some of the foreigners, scumbags. 

Thailand has been my home for decades, I have a big family, I work on an offshore drilling rig, on rotation get paid a monthly salary, paid USD, occasionally working Songkla. 

I really don't want to associate with your type. I'm an Aussie but sadly disappointed with the Brits, bloody bad attitude. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I really don't want to associate with your type. I'm an Aussie but sadly disappointed with the Brits, bloody bad attitude. 

funny that, most brits also think the same about aussies.

Especially the ones I know that live there.

They do nothing but complain how cocky the locals are.

Edited by bob smith

36 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Thailand has been my home for decades, I have a big family, I work on an offshore drilling rig, on rotation get paid a monthly salary, paid USD, occasionally working Songkla. 

You certainly don't sound like my Oz mates and I'm English.

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I guess Im kucky, and I believe Im lucky as anyone should be. 

It takes both to cultivate each other, and as I say, Interest in each others happiness. 

Im not complaining much, neither does her, and if she speaks, I try to listen, even its not that interesting, and I do go shopping with her sometimes, even I hate it, but it makes her happy ????

What I think is the main essens and the most important, we have small farm, garden and animals we care for, and I truly believe thats the essens of our life.  Also her parents and family is great people, and always willing to support and help their daughter with the farm, and take care when we/Im not there.

Nr one important factor in a relationship with a thai, will always be her family. 

Spot on many westerner vilify Thai girls culture way of life.

A story though my best holiday was on Koh Sumai with 2 girls staying in my beach chalet, it was off season and they stayed with me for the 2 weeks I would of happily married both of them. So that would a 2 bar girl marriage. ????

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Me and my family have been living in the same house for 20 years now in Pattaya. 

I have an English neighbor who is elderly now. He occasionally asks me to accompany him in his car to go shopping to different venues because he's not sure about directions etc in Thailand.

He drives aggressively, always on the horn, I ask him why he continually sounds his horn, his reply is stupid Thais.

I don't like his aggressive driving so I don't accompany him anymore, he is childish, his attitude is poor, he really hates the Thais.

I've worked, trained and traveled to over 40 countries. 

I have found the Thais to be the happiest, nicest, most pleasant, friendliest people on the planet.

Sadly, I see so many negative, hateful comments from members towards the Thais, it hurts me to see this nastiness.

I know many Brits here in Thailand, some good ones but strangely most are the very negative towards the Thais, why are the Brits so bitter, they seem to think they are superior 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Me and my family have been living in the same house for 20 years now in Pattaya. 

I have an English neighbor who is elderly now. He occasionally asks me to accompany him in his car to go shopping to different venues because he's not sure about directions etc in Thailand.

He drives aggressively, always on the horn, I ask him why he continually sounds his horn, his reply is stupid Thais.

I don't like his aggressive driving so I don't accompany him anymore, he is childish, his attitude is poor, he really hates the Thais.

I have found the Thais to be the nicest, most pleasant, friendliest people on the planet.

Sadly, I see so many negative, hateful comments from members towards the Thais, it hurts me to see this nastiness.

Ever heard of compassion for elderly people wherever they come from.

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Ever heard of compassion for elderly people wherever they come from.

Good point but compassion to those that deserve it. 

I've known the guy for 20 years, he was middle aged when we met but he's always had the same bitter attitude 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Don’t get yourself all wound up. You should understand that some are already wound up. They might not even know it. It’s infectious. Be careful. Misery loves company.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Good point but compassion to those that deserve it. 

I've known the guy for 20 years, he was middle aged when we met but he's always had the same bitter attitude 

Fair call at least you try. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My oldest Brit daughter did turn up in Chiang Mai looking for me a few years back.

She wanted to meet for coffee, but I blocked her from my email and didn't reply.

I feel sorry for her. IMO that was cruel to not even have a coffee with her. Do you hate her that much?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I have found the Thais to be the happiest, nicest, most pleasant, friendliest people on the planet.

I know many Brits here in Thailand, some good ones but strangely most are the very negative towards the Thais, why are the Brits so bitter, they seem to think they are superior 

Did he marry a bargirl?  Otherwise, why is your beef with a neighbour relevant?

16 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Low self esteem. Most Brits are insecure.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Did he marry a bargirl?  Otherwise, why is your beef with a neighbour relevant?

Read the above comment that I was referring to 

If you're too lazy or can't read English I've copied pasted it below. 

'I'm an Aussie but sadly disappointed with the Brits, bloody bad attitude'

You're antagonizing me.

How many times have I read a comment on AN Forums that was slightly of topic.

Don't be so rude. 

Next time make the effort, instead of making a nonsense comment. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Read the above comment that I was referring to 

If you're too lazy or can't read English I've copied pasted it below. 

'I'm an Aussie but sadly disappointed with the Brits, bloody bad attitude'

You're antagonizing me.

How many times have I read a comment on AN Forums that was slightly of topic.

Don't be so rude. 

Next time make the effort, instead of making a nonsense comment. 

Nope.  Better to stay on topic. This thread has meandered into silly baiting.  Why not start your own thread about Aussies vs Brits rather than hijack this one?

• Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Nope.  Better to stay on topic. This thread has meandered into silly baiting.  Why not start your own thread about Aussies vs Brits rather than hijack this one?

OMG, I hope you have plenty of time being the AN Forums

'off topic policeman'. 

I wish you luck, I don't reckon you'll get much sleep.

You won't have any time for a social life either. ????

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

OMG, I hope you have plenty of time being the AN Forums

'off topic policeman'. 

I wish you luck, I don't reckon you'll get much sleep.

You won't have any time for a social life either. ????

Thanks.  Just shame to see an interesting thread being derailed.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes!  I have.

After living together in Bangkok for 2 years, had to move back to UK for work.  

Married there, 36ye ago, and still together, living in Phayao.  Now retired and hoping to make it to 50 yrs together.

No marriage i easy, but it can work if you both want it to and both try.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2023 at 3:27 PM, SAFETY FIRST said:
On 8/11/2023 at 12:08 PM, BritManToo said:

What if he's never had any friends?

Thailand has been my home for decades, I have a big family, I work on an offshore drilling rig, on rotation get paid a monthly salary, paid USD, occasionally working Songkla

BTW, working on an offshore drilling rig is one of the only jobs that you can work in Thailand with a work permit and get paid USD.

I have a big family and lots of friends, my close friends are offshore workers, drilling rig guys, rig pigs. 

We tend to keep to our own 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

9 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

BTW, working on an offshore drilling rig is one of the only jobs that you can work in Thailand with a work permit and get paid USD.

I have a big family and lots of friends, my close friends are offshore workers, drilling rig guys, rig pigs. 

We tend to keep to our own 

Working offshore in Thailand, compare to Europe? Cant imagine how it is ,when experinced british sector comparing the the norwegian. 

On 8/11/2023 at 6:14 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

it's the dark side of human nature.

everyone wants to feel superior to everyone else.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/12/2023 at 12:04 PM, BritManToo said:

I avoid trouble/disputes whenever I can.

You could have laid down some "rules" before you met her:

No disrespecting you

be polite

stick to her and yourself conversation

no getting angry or shouting.

You reserve the right to walk away if she became stroppy.