Bibby Stockholm: First asylum seekers board housing barge in Dorset

Social Media

19 hours ago, ICU Kid said:

PS. I wouldn't be smug about 'escaping' to Thailand - if the west continues to 'fall' you will feel the effects (see the fallout from the alleged 'pandemic' for starters). 

If the weight of all the limitless print and spend & mental woke policies cause the financial system, markets etc fall apart, CBDCs introduced etc, where will that leave foreign retirees? Idk and nor do you to be honest.

You are describing TEOTWAWKI,

And as an elderly retiree, it doesn't much matter as the end of my world is fairly near anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

Well I already prepared a statement for you in the post you quoted ????‍♂️

Incidentally, aren't you the same guy who failed to answer my question about naming some of the EU laws you wanted to see abolished? 

No, not that I remember,

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You obviously don’t understand, refusing to board a vessel has no bearing on an individual’s right to have their asylum claim assed, nor on the Government’s duty under international and UK law to fairly assess  such asylum claims.

Perhaps you should release your own ‘political shackles’ and start admitting the obvious failures of this Government to manage and clear asylum claims, be they bona fide or bogus.

Nobody is objecting to the removal of bogus asylum seekers, the Government need to get on with the duty of assessing the claims, removing the bogus and moving those with bona fide claims into the community where they can work, keep themselves, pay taxes and contribute to society and the economy.

Oh dear.

Please read through article. It's all there.

BTW, there are many charities and members if the opposition who are objecting to removing those who are either bogus asylum seekers or, plainly  non applicants.

I don't have political shackles. I just read both sides of the arguement instead of believing anti government media.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

It’s the woke attitudes like yours that has the UK and other western countries forking out huge amounts of cash to address the problem. This money could and should be spent on pensioners and our own homeless. I’m sure many sleeping on the street tonight would love to be offered a bed on the Bibby. 

Perhaps it could, but there’s no profit in that for the Government’s chums.

Shall we make a list of other Government schemes that transfer tax payer’s money to Government chums and see what other ‘good causes’ it could be used for?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Oh dear.

Please read through article. It's all there.

BTW, there are many charities and members if the opposition who are objecting to removing those who are either bogus asylum seekers or, plainly  non applicants.

I don't have political shackles. I just read both sides of the arguement instead of believing anti government media.

I’ve read the article, I’ve also read other articles offering other points of view.

I look forward to reading the reports of legal challenges and I will undoubtedly get to read articles on the continuing failure of the Government’s already failing asylum policies.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Fake news IMO....

Bibby Stockholm Syndrome is a floating prop in a VERY secluded area which no one will ever stay on.

Tory donors demand cheap peasant labour to replace those 'lost' via Brexit and the politicians are ushering it in. 

But the UK public are super <>ed off about this BS so the Govt must be ***SEEN TO BE*** DOING SOMETHING about small boats (they're not doing anything though - as that would be against their UN/WEF/globalist set modus operandi).

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

there are no 'bona fide' asylum seekers arriving in a dinghy.

Those who want them should be required to share their home with them.

How many do you have space for in your home Chomper?

Great question.  Cue "I would if I had the space" type BS

Works EVERY SIGLE TIME

Rules for thee..

Edited by ICU Kid
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, JayClay said:

Nope. It's the ignorance of people like you who don't understand three simple concepts:

1 - Failed applicants are deported

2 - Successful applicants can be put to work in one of the many industries that have been struggling to fill vacancies since brexit, thus boosting productivity and tax revenues than could be spent on funding the pension and homeless issues 

3 - If you choose to not process claims, as the current government is doing, then the cost of housing the pending applicants will continue to increase.

It's so simple, I'm always surprised that anybody ever falls for it. Lucky the amount of people in the UK that are getting taken in is statistically irrelevant these days. They seem to be overly represented on this forum, for some reason.

It's fine to be angry. But please just do the most basic level of research, try applying just a tiny amount of critical thinking, and channel your anger at the correct people.

I'm trying to work out if you are member of the ignorant woke group or dumb woke group.

Figures released by the Home Office Select Committee in October 2022. Approx 5.6 milion pounds a day is spent on hotel accommodation for asylum seekers. An additional 1.2 million per day is spent on hotels for Afghans who arrived in the UK under government resettlement schemes. I've no issue with those people who helped UK forces in their country. However to do have an issue with the 5.6 million pounds spent daily on the others. That is tax payers money that should go to the ones who paid it the most, elderly, homeless and returned service men and women.

Its fine to throw out your simple steps 1, 2 and 3 and believe its that easy but at least do a little research yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Please provide a link quoting a member of the opposition objecting to deporting failed asylum applications. If there are many, that should be an easy task.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tongjaw said:

I'm trying to work out if you are member of the ignorant woke group or dumb woke group.

Figures released by the Home Office Select Committee in October 2022. Approx 5.6 milion pounds a day is spent on hotel accommodation for asylum seekers. An additional 1.2 million per day is spent on hotels for Afghans who arrived in the UK under government resettlement schemes. I've no issue with those people who helped UK forces in their country. However to do have an issue with the 5.6 million pounds spent daily on the others. That is tax payers money that should go to the ones who paid it the most, elderly, homeless and returned service men and women.

Its fine to throw out your simple steps 1, 2 and 3 and believe its that easy but at least do a little research yourself.

I have no issue with the figures you quoted, so I don't understand the point of your rant. It's a lot of money and it doesn't need to be being spent, I agree. Although I don't believe you really understand what a "hotel" actually is, in this particular context.

In your last paragraph you, however, have dismissed all the points I made in the post you quoted saying that I "believe its that easy".

For the record, yes, I believe it's that easy. If you disagree then please lay out an equally logical argument for why the current position (not processing claims, letting the backlogs pile up, and therefore paying more money to house the pending claimants) is better than the proposal of processing the applications then deporting the failed ones and introducing the successful ones to a desperately understaffed national work force. I'm genuinely interested to hear a reasonable argument.

(edit.... The bold text has nothing to do with me)

Edited by JayClay
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, roo860 said:

Looks more like they're going on their holidays. ☹️

20230809_223548.jpg

Probably a staged photo opp - looks like English LARPing esp. that baldy at the top.

Doubt any of the illegal immigrants ever end up on that boat - it's just for show to appease the UK public

CrisisCast produces disaster dramas and role play actors specially trained by psychologists in criminal and victim behaviour for crisis management and ...

On 8/8/2023 at 2:02 PM, billd766 said:

I have read that some of the "asylum" seekers don't want to go there.

OK by me. send them back where they came from to rebuild their own country.

I'd give you a like if I could ???? 

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

As a legal immigrant in Thailand, I am disgusted at how these foreigners are allowed into my home country. Put them all on boats and they can only get onto land if to work for food. Give them bread and water only. 

I had to go through a lengthy process to be allowed to stay in Thailand indefinitely and hate to see people abuse the immigration process.  

My Thai wife could get citizenship in England quite easy at the time and maybe now.

In Thailand restrictions and jumps.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My Thai wife could get citizenship in England quite easy at the time and maybe now.

In Thailand restrictions and jumps.

Actually easier for me to get Thai than my wife to get British citizenship. 

For example, she would have to learn English and pass a test and cultural exam. I never had to pass a Thai test or even be able to speak Thai.  Also cost me 125 pounds for Thai, much more than that for UK.