Warning UK set for five years of lost economic growth

Social Media

4 hours ago, JayClay said:

I was also against the war, as was the majority of the public.

If I could see through the lies at the time, whilst having no access to the government, why wouldn't the tories be able to figure it out ????

Faqce it, the Reds & the Blues are the same party with the same puppetmasters.

ALL are official WEF (& CFR in the case of Starmer) members  pushing Mass Immigration, Net Zero, Just Stop Oil, ULEZ *WOKE* policies against the will of the UK population.

Labour do nothing to help workers and there is nothing Conservative about the tories.

People who believe any different are mugs who need to get their head out of the sand.   Probably too indoctrinated to see it though

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Irrelevant to the discussion again.

Putting aside the rest of Placeholder's post, the comment that "... there's a difference between unavoidable damage and self-inflicted damage" seems worthy of discussion in its' own right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Irrelevant to the discussion again.

If you're referring to the comparison of the UK economy to the EU economy, why direct your criticism at me? It's JonnyF who cleaves to that nonsense. If your assertion is about another issue, you'll have to state what it is you find fault with and folljow that up with something called a rationale or an argument to back up whatever it is I've said that you're criticizing. Without that, you've got nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ICU Kid said:

ALL are official WEF (& CFR in the case of Starmer) members  pushing Mass Immigration, Net Zero, Just Stop Oil, ULEZ *WOKE* policies against the will of the UK population.

Labour do nothing to help workers and there is nothing Conservative about the tories.

People who believe any different are mugs who need to get their head out of the sand.   Probably too indoctrinated to see it though

I wonder if those who have had the misfortune to need the services of the NH would agree with your assertion that there is no difference between Red and Blue. I kind of doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

If you're referring to the comparison of the UK economy to the EU economy, why direct your criticism at me? It's JonnyF who cleaves to that nonsense. If your assertion is about another issue, you'll have to state what it is you find fault with and folljow that up with something called a rationale or an argument to back up whatever it is I've said that you're criticizing. Without that, you've got nothing.

The OP is about the UK, not Germany. That's all I have and that's all I need.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

I wonder if those who have had the misfortune to need the services of the NH would agree with your assertion that there is no difference between Red and Blue. I kind of doubt it.

If dunces still believe in team 'red' or team 'blue' are not one & the same riddle me this:

How does a complete unknown get parachuted into one of the safest Tory seats in the country, and 8-years later be installed (NOT elected), as PM,

having just lost a vote for that office? Is that “democracy”,

or patronage?

(BTW, I'm talking about the UK Prime Minister).

Also, how did a Knight of The Realm, Sir Quier Starmer, get elected as head representative of the UK's working classes?

Come on Placcy, even you should be able to work out UK politics is establishment controlled fake pro wrestling hegelian dialectical nonsense

Edited by ICU Kid
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

3 whole pages of comments about a prediction. 

I remember the prediction that UK would enter recession in 2022. That was by experts too.

To coin a phrase of a much loved poster on here, "it's all whataboutary."

Knowing UK GDP is still below pre-pandemic level, it's not unreasonable to predict it will only reach this kevel next year!

"UK GDP is currently (2023 Q1) 0.5 per cent below the level of GDP before the pandemic. Our forecast does not have it passing this level until the third quarter of 2024."

https://www.niesr.ac.uk/publications/uk-heading-towards-five-years-lost-economic-growth?type=uk-economic-outlook

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, candide said:

Knowing UK GDP is still below pre-pandemic level, it's not unreasonable to predict it will only reach this kevel next year!

"UK GDP is currently (2023 Q1) 0.5 per cent below the level of GDP before the pandemic. Our forecast does not have it passing this level until the third quarter of 2024."

https://www.niesr.ac.uk/publications/uk-heading-towards-five-years-lost-economic-growth?type=uk-economic-outlook

So not all is lost then. Times are tough man!

1 hour ago, candide said:

Forecasts, predictions. All the same. Not worth arguing about.

Let me know when the prediction of UK recession in 2022 becomes correct.

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Forecasts, predictions. All the same. Not worth arguing about.

Let me know when the prediction of UK recession in 2022 becomes correct.

The four past years are not predictions. Already four years lost. Only one year is prediction.

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, ICU Kid said:

Hogwash.

There’s a gaping gap between the two major parties.

I suggest you go read up on the public opinion polls.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ICU Kid said:

If dunces still believe in team 'red' or team 'blue' are not one & the same riddle me this:

How does a complete unknown get parachuted into one of the safest Tory seats in the country, and 8-years later be installed (NOT elected), as PM,

having just lost a vote for that office? Is that “democracy”,

or patronage?

(BTW, I'm talking about the UK Prime Minister).

Also, how did a Knight of The Realm, Sir Quier Starmer, get elected as head representative of the UK's working classes?

Come on Placcy, even you should be able to work out UK politics is establishment controlled fake pro wrestling hegelian dialectical nonsense

Why is being knighted for public service inconsistent with representing all the electorate, let alone just the working class?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ICU Kid said:

Saying "they're all the same" is lazy and a cop out.

Net Zero is not being pushed against the will of the people. It has widespread support amongst the electorate.

I don't know why you think mass immigration is a bad thing, anyway? We have a declining population and a worforce with too few members to meet our productivity needs.

It sounds to me that you are sad that there's a not a party quite nasty enough to support your particular political views. Well tough luck, that's how democracy works. I suggest you vote tory because they are the nastiest party who can realistically form a government (well, not that realistically, but anyway...)

I have the same problem. There's not a party progressive or compationate enough to support my views. So I will have to vote Labor in the next election as they are the ones who are closest to my position.

If you want to be able to vote for a party nastier than the tories and have it make an actual difference, join a campaign for implementing Proportional Representation... That way both the left and the right can vote in any way they like, and have their vote make a genuine impact on the governnent or opposition which is subsequently formed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Hogwash.

There’s a gaping gap between the two major parties.

I suggest you go read up on the public opinion polls.

The public are morons - Idc about their opinions

But please explain the 'gaping' gap for me

54 minutes ago, JayClay said:

There's not a party progressive or compationate enough to support my views. So I will have to vote Labor in the next election as they are the ones who are closest to my position.

Delusional take,

Taxes are at their highest levels for decades and you basically want to vote for more free <> for yourself and all comers.

Net zero for imaginary man made global warming is just another <>ing tax on citizens - as is the ULEZ BS.

Mass (g)immigration from the 3rd world just causes more problems - most grown ups should know that and not fall for tory donor BS.

Maybe Labour could send out a free money printer for every household???

- would that be compassionate enough 4 you?

image.jpeg.b412171080ec66f535e9b7b5d59d4fa3.jpeg

Edited by ICU Kid

4 hours ago, ICU Kid said:

Delusional take,

Taxes are at their highest levels for decades and you basically want to vote for more free <> for yourself and all comers.

Net zero for imaginary man made global warming is just another <>ing tax on citizens - as is the ULEZ BS.

Mass (g)immigration from the 3rd world just causes more problems - most grown ups should know that and not fall for tory donor BS.

Maybe Labour could send out a free money printer for every household???

- would that be compassionate enough 4 you?

A strawman taken to the level of a rant.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There are no Unicorns, it’s an allegory for all the other false BREXIT promises and wistful thinking that lead the UK into the ever drowning mess it’s in.

A nation removes itself from the largest developed free trade union on the planet, one a few short miles from its own southern border.

The economy flinders.

A now you want to listen to experts.

Go look through the files of ‘Project Fear’.

Oh. I see.

Your comment was an attempt at deflection. You needed to do that to deflect from the fact I was proving negative predictions on the UK economy to be wrong.

I believe in your little world it's also known as "whataboutary".

Edited by youreavinalaff
Typo.