British father and son are brutally beaten by bouncerskicked out of a bar in 'Sin City'

webfact

I don't go to bars. I've never gone to bars. But if I did, I would still think it's never a good idea to go out around 1.30 am to places where violence is just a tick away from happening and the surroundings are seedy and suspect. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I thought about what happened and the reactions here one more time. 

I think bouncers should and (mostly) will react differently to different situations.

I.e. if a guest doesn't want to pay his bill, then the bouncers will likely just hold that guest until the police arrives. There is no need for a fight.

But if someone (guest or whoever) physically attacks a bouncer or maybe a girl in the bar, then I think a physical reaction is only fair and should be expected by the aggressor.

In this situation, looking at the video, it seems first they only talk. Probably the Brits could just have walked away. They didn't. They started a fight - and they got their fight. 

This is the problem of course, that when you unleash violence it has its own dynamic and unless you are a professional you have very little chance of controlling it. The madness spreads quite fast and the outcome is rarely what you intended. 

Hitting a bouncer outside a Pattaya girly bar must surely take this week's Darwin Award.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Although true as far as the third world mentality, most people here don't know Muay Thai. They act like they do, kicking all the time. Kicking in anything besides an actual fight is cowardly and weak. it's because they haven't the strength or skills in punching. Also, gang fighting is another reason. A gang that goes 5 against one are the same principle. They can't fight individually so have to use numbers. As far as the Marquess of Queensberry rules, they of course don't apply to a street fight or something like this. That's in a tournament, with gloves, rests and no wrestling, much like boxing. I'm not against Thais besides a few things, being formerly married to one, having a Thai girlfriend, and a half Thai child, but this is one of them. They could have killed that man, and for what?

Although true as far as the third world mentality

What if they carried a gun and fired point blank as the slap was given?

Could we call it first world mentality?

just asking...

10 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I don't go to bars. I've never gone to bars. But if I did, I would still think it's never a good idea to go out around 1.30 am to places where violence is just a tick away from happening and the surroundings are seedy and suspect. 

Nothing good ever happens after midnight.

Or 10pm on Beach Road ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Currently 32 degrees @  58% humidity with a 16km/h WSW breeze, air quality is good and light rain is forecast around 3pm.

Where is Essex ?

It's the home of your mother tongue,me old china. Are your socks white.. ?????

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Sad life when your idea of a holiday is to fly half way around the world so you can go to a seedy bar, get drunk, and get in a fight. They could have done all that for much less money back home.

Well yes, minus the bargirl factor.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Seems like it´s a day of news for the Brits again. First we have one guy who crash his motorbike and get a 3 centimeter shorter leg. If true, and the limp was not there from start. However, if he not crash, he would be okay. Why blame Thailand?

Here we have two load mouth Brits, which is very common, that get a beating for not knowing how to behave. Hell, that´s reality in real life. They just have themselves to blame. They had the option, to walk out quiet. In other words, not use the built-in arrogance they brought from home.

100% correct.

3 minutes ago, BusyB said:

The ASEAN headline is wrong. It should read:

''British tourists attack Pattaya bouncers - get heads kicked in.''

Asean Now did not write the headline or the article, the headline and the article was written by the Daily Mail:

Full story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12380215/British-father-son-beaten-thai-bouncers-Pattaya.html

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

These the two mouthy <deleted> I heard about giving it large to the bouncers and got a touch up ?

They deserved it.

No one deserves to be kicked, cowards kick people when they are on the ground.

This is not security/crowd control, this is unmitigated thuggery, the person was on the ground could have been frog marched away from the precinct.

Nuclear Bouncers should only be a deterrent!  Unfortunately, their war heads are in the wrong hands!

If customers are being offensive or aggressive, they only need to be restrained and then call the police. If the evidence points to drunkards delivering the first blow, the establishment can sue them for assaulting its employees!

Looks like there were witnesses.

Edited by ChrisKC
typo

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Maybe because we're all in this together, no one gets out alive, and if people actually did love their neighbors as themselves, it might be a better place to live.

You are right. Unfortunately, man has been pulverising man for centuries. Just think back,,, how lovely this planet would have been to live in.

Here we are arguing about two drunks getting assaulted - but how many nations are stocking up arms to destroy 1000' s... maybe millions of lives?

,,,and the collateral damage involved?

Edited by ravip

6 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

These the two mouthy <deleted> I heard about giving it large to the bouncers and got a touch up ?

They deserved it.

What an attitude! I now feel physically sick. Disgusting. Unbelievable attitude!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bergenser1 said:

I have never seen anyone attacked by a bouncer in Thailand unless there has been any provocation of some sort beforehand.

It normally takes a long time before the boiling point is reached, at least that is my observation over the years.

But I have seen the same type of persons ending up in trouble time after time. You just know it will end badly long before it kicks off.

You’re just like my dog. He tends to ramble.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Sad life when your idea of a holiday is to fly half way around the world so you can go to a seedy bar, get drunk, and get in a fight. They could have done all that for much less money back home.

Plenty like them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, wealthychef said:

Looks like the fat guy swung first.  Som nam na.  He's way bigger, he's with his big son, he's already clearly causing a disturbance, then he takes a swing.  Thais are gonna swarm you man, didn't anyone tell ya?  

Saga lout ! ????