Thai wife visa 400k

55 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Ok… the official figure is 400k… no one else seems to have issues with that as long as the account has not dipped below in the seasoning period - no need for more than that regardless of what the officers at the Nonhtaburi immi office suggest. 
One would be curious as to why they have targeted you with exaggerated requirements.

slightly different, but when getting my marriage extension the IO really didnt like the fact that my 400k (about 460K) just sat in my account and the account was not used at all, as i ahev other accounts and i used cash mostly
she then wanted a copy of every page in my bank book even though the balance had not changed for few years

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, CecilM said:

No. 
AND the money must remain in the bank for one month after the application has been submitted. 

Not an official requirement and after five extensions never mentioned.

Maybe just your Office. Not blaming you. 

3 hours ago, patman30 said:

slightly different, but when getting my marriage extension the IO really didnt like the fact that my 400k (about 460K) just sat in my account and the account was not used at all, as i ahev other accounts and i used cash mostly
she then wanted a copy of every page in my bank book even though the balance had not changed for few years

Yer I understand their way of thinking.

The IO has never had that amount of money in reserve and never had a desire to not spend every baht available or borrowed.

In 14 years I have never had to bring proof the 400K was still in the bank when picking up the extension stamp (Korat). But I believe that it is recommend to keep it for the month in case the extension was rejected and you need to re-apply.

4 hours ago, patman30 said:

I went for years with the same 420K that was never touched. Never had a problem. Now my Wise transfers go into that account and I transfer all but the 420K out to another account when it arrives. Although it is not a requirement, I think they want to know how you get money to live, and checking to see if you are working here without a permit.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, sherwood said:

Not an official requirement and after five extensions never mentioned.

Maybe just your Office. Not blaming you. 

Quite possible. It has been like that for every extension I did. (And I don’t question when asked to do sthg at Immigration.)

18 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

I went for years with the same 420K that was never touched. Never had a problem. Now my Wise transfers go into that account and I transfer all but the 420K out to another account when it arrives. Although it is not a requirement, I think they want to know how you get money to live, and checking to see if you are working here without a permit.

the requirement is 400k in the bank (sent from overseas is not pert of that requirement), which was shown to them.
when explained, i have other accounts, was when she wanted a copy every page
was more like her reasserting her authority giving me an order
the requirement is to ensure you have funds to survive here, which i do

This is what always pisses me off.

A farang married to a Thai jumps through hoops every year, and it's stressful

Conversely  a Thai married to a farang moving to  farangland goes through the application stress once, then they are done.

No money in the bank, no annual renewal, they are essentially a citizen without the right to vote, but everything is the same as a citizen

On 8/9/2023 at 5:49 PM, DrJack54 said:

As for transfer of funds.

I did a large..ish transfer last week using WISE.

Started transfer at 11am. Funds landed in my Thai bank at 1.30pm

Why didn't you transfer today. 

When you have a Thai bank-account with one of WISE's partner-banks (Bangkok Bank or Kasikorn Bank), the funds are typically within seconds on your Thai bank-account with these banks when doing the transfer during Thai business-hours.

E.g. when I transfer funds from my Belgian bank-account using WISE to my Kasikorn bank-account I hear the 'ping' of funds-arrival almost immediately after having clicked GO.

On 8/10/2023 at 11:47 AM, lopburi3 said:

Which is the case for marriage - it is not a local office decision so money should be available for check until final approval to be safe.

Absolutely right.^^^^^^

Not waiting until you get your final stamp is asking for trouble, If the application comes back for even a technicality, and you have yo re-apply to clear that error , you could be screwed. 

Promotions for carrs happen all the time, It is a device to create urgency.

Buy now ot the car turns into a pumpkin tomorrow. ILOL

f your heart is set for that promotion why don't you go to the dealer and ask that if for a small deposit they can fold that promotion for you for a month?