Sluggish tourism business forecast over Mother’s Day weekend

webfact

image.png

Tourism-related business during the August 12th-14th Mother’s Day long weekend in Thailand is not expected to be as active as it was during the same period last year, due to the high prices of fuel, goods and services, which are the main obstacles to traveling and spending, according to Yuthasak Supasorn, governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand.

He said that the number of people expected to make one-day trips, without an overnight stay, will be as many as those who spend a night or two away, generating tourism revenue estimated at about 8.7 billion baht, a 5% drop compared to last year.

He said that the Korean TV series “King the Land” has positively influenced visits to Bangkok, with an estimated 600,000 visitors expected during the three-day weekend, up about 10.82% compared to the same period last year.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/sluggish-tourism-business-forecast-over-mothers-day-weekend/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-08-10

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Tourism-related business during the August 12th-14th Mother’s Day long weekend in Thailand is not expected to be as active as it was during the same period last year,

I am not surprised when it comes to Domestic Tourism: (Google)

On July 3, the Bank of Thailand announced the country's household debt had reached 16 trillion baht ($455 billion) in the first quarter of 2023, or 90.6% of the kingdom's gross domestic product, a further deterioration from the 87% recorded in the fourth quarter of 2022.Jul 9, 2023

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I read somewhere that the banks planned to reduce new lending to their customers...

Considering you can walk into a bank here and basically walk away with a pick nobody could sanely afford in the west merely as you have your flip flops in the right feet, I will hold my breath n loans going down.