Multiple entry tourist visa.

23 hours ago, 7euner said:

Thank you all.

I will try to apply without a ticket out of Thailand.

I was under the impression that my application would be rejected, and I would have to start all over again. If they contact me when they need more documents, I might as well try that first.

Thx

Your application for the METV multiple entry tourist visa will be DENIED unless you show PROOF of your flight departing Thailand within the 60 days you arrive   

They will issue you a SETV single entry tourist visa instead 

Read my prior post and pay attention to what Tod Daniels says.

• Confused 1

On 8/11/2023 at 10:50 PM, travelerjim said:

Your application for the METV multiple entry tourist visa will be DENIED unless you show PROOF of your flight departing Thailand within the 60 days you arrive   

They will issue you a SETV single entry tourist visa instead 

Read my prior post and pay attention to what Tod Daniels says.

Nope.  Not my experience.

11 minutes ago, sabaiguy said:

Nope.  Not my experience.

That is due to pervasive inconsistency between Thai consulates in how they apply the rules - so someone who may be time-constrained...better to just buy a cheap ticket out eh, than receive an SETV over something minor like that ?

22 hours ago, freedomnow said:

That is due to pervasive inconsistency between Thai consulates in how they apply the rules - so someone who may be time-constrained...better to just buy a cheap ticket out eh, than receive an SETV over something minor like that ?

The only thing consistent between Thai embassies/consulates and immigration offices is their inconsistencies.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, oMega69 said:

I have METV will leave thai and re-enter soon..... do i need outward-ticket in a 90d period or not?.

Or just my VISA papers and passport?.

Just the visa and passport (and, if paranoid, 20,000 baht cash that you can theoretically be asked to show by immigration when you arrive, though they never ask any more in practice).

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 1:33 AM, BritTim said:

Just the visa and passport (and, if paranoid, 20,000 baht cash that you can theoretically be asked to show by immigration when you arrive, though they never ask any more in practice).

Landboarder maybe.... but at airport they asking for onward flight if coming on TouristVisa. . .

My issue now is my 90d soon ends and i need re-entry , i have multientry TR so thats good... but i have an old ED stamp in passport and what i hear is that issue when IO checks passport.. 

6 hours ago, oMega69 said:

but i have an old ED stamp in passport and what i hear is that issue when IO checks passport.. 

At most entry points, that will not be a problem. Obviously avoid the rogue land crossing at Poipet/Aranyaprathet.

The wrong official at some airports (where they hate long stay tourists anyway) might raise an issue. If nervous, but wanting to mostly use air travel, consider flying to Vientiane and returning via the Friendship Bridge to Nong Khai. You can then fly from Udon Thani to your final destination. If convenient for Chiang Mai airport, that is another option, but be careful that flights you use do not involve clearing immigration in Bangkok.