Thai tourism embraces easier visa rules, faster approvals for Chinese tourists

webfact

Thailand eases visa requirements for Chinese tourists

By Peter Roche

image.jpeg
PHOTO: Tasty Thailand

As mooted by immigration officials last month, visa requirements for Chinese travellers to Thailand will now relaxed and the processing time accelerated, according to a Bangkok Post report today. The government is making the changes in a bid to make travel to Thailand easier for Chinese tourists.

Deputy government spokesperson Rachada Dhnadirek says the Chinese made up the largest proportion of foreign travellers last week, with 95,581 arriving in the kingdom. This number was followed by 73,810 from Malaysia, 37,754 visitors from South Korea, 27,707 from India, and 25,717 Vietnamese.

In Phuket, during July, Chinese were the most numerous visitors (74,766), Russians (35,521) Australians (24,761), Indians (17,224) and Hong Kong visitors (13,817).

Full story: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/national-news/thailand-eases-visa-requirements-for-chinese-tourists/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2023-08-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, webfact said:

Chinese tourists applying for Thai visas will now need to submit only six forms of documentation.

Pathetic. No wonder they don't want to come - if it's 6 now I wonder what it was before.

Also as I like to point out - don't forget that there's a special list of countries kept by the Chinese government where ordinary people aren't allowed or are discouraged to travel to unless they're on a tour - and Thailand is on that list.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I thought that anyone could just arrive with passport and get 30 days.

Not so, depends on Nationality. Chinese could get a Visa on  arrival or apply on-line for tourist visa before travel.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:
21 hours ago, webfact said:

These include their passport, three photographs, an airline ticket, proof of their accommodation in Thailand, evidence of permanent residence, and financial statements.

if this applied to everybody , this will be a problem for many . bcs many " no have a permanent residence incl the LT visa  holders,penison visas" , me i have a temporary residence in another country and here on visas  , but No permanantresidence ,as so many who leave their homecountry .  This is already an issue on taxes ,and will be more more and more in the future