Australian Tourist Causes Havoc at Pattaya Temple, Cannabis Blamed by Some Thai Media

webfact

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Gronk? Never heard of it

I look at a page on Facebook called "S*** Towns Of Australia", quite often there will be a report of a "Gronk" doing unspeakable things in public in Port Pirie (Which usually heads the list of the most s*** towns). Some of it is quite funny too!????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stoner said:

where did you hear this dumb shhhh

no one has died i think it the thing you are always told. put down the reefer step away from the grinder. 

I would never smoke it, although I have a few times in the past (I gave up smoking tobacco 3 years ago). One good thing to be said for it is that it makes me sleep. It would have to be eaten in the future.

I've often heard people say such things when they're trying to make a case for it's legalisation. They're all peace-loving hippies, apparently!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

I look at a page on Facebook called "S*** Towns Of Australia", quite often there will be a report of a "Gronk" doing unspeakable things in public in Port Pirie (Which usually heads the list of the most s*** towns). Some of it is quite funny too!????

Not an Aussie term. Yobbo, drongo, bogan, westy, skeg are.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Not an Aussie term. Yobbo, drongo, bogan, westy, skeg are.

Here's a recent report from Oz????

7. Gold Coast, QLD - Gronk ordered to pay $10k in compensation for drunkenly bashing men outside kebab shop after State of Origin.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Looks like a surname.

It must be a very common surname. Maybe it's a regional thing?

S*** TOWN POWER RANKINGS 30/7/23
1. Blacktown, NSW - Epic gronk jailed after breaking into high school 3 times to **** sheep, goats and cows, before r*oting the mattress in his cell
2. Dalby, QLD - Woman jailed after carjacking and assaulting 94-year-old man, falsely alleging kidnap and biting two cops while hep C-positive; gronk sentenced for biting off his elderly uncle’s ear
  • Like 1

Just now, bignok said:

Did you hear the term gronk?

No, but there were probably lots of other Ozzie slang words that I never heard too.

gronk

•  
  •  
Australian Slang, (noun) A person that is totally lacking in fashion sense, motor skills and/or social skills. Usually a total moron, an extremely unpleasant person or an unwanted guest.
Sometimes: A likeable idiot or Bogan (especially in Queensland)
1. No wonder he can't get a girlfriend, he is such a gronk!
2. Why would you "steal my car for the weekend," you gronk!
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

No, but there were probably lots of other Ozzie slang words that I never heard too.

gronk

•  
  •  
Australian Slang, (noun) A person that is totally lacking in fashion sense, motor skills and/or social skills. Usually a total moron, an extremely unpleasant person or an unwanted guest.
Sometimes: A likeable idiot or Bogan (especially in Queensland)
1. No wonder he can't get a girlfriend, he is such a gronk!
2. Why would you "steal my car for the weekend," you gronk!

Bogan is common. Gronk I dont know. Maybe 5 people in Townsville use it.

• Confused 2