Move Forward Told To Field Prawit In Race Against Srettha For Premiership

webfact

12 minutes ago, bannork said:

There were a few no confidence debates and votes in the last Parliament.

In fact Pheu Thai prevented MF from grilling Pravit by not giving them enough allocated time .

If you look at the vote counts of both the no-confidence votes in 2021 and 2022 it is a total of less than  500. The number of votes in the House of Representatives. If the Senate had a say the total number of votes would have been closer to 750. Pheu Thai is in the House, not Senate.

13 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

If you look at the vote counts of both the no-confidence votes in 2021 and 2022 it is a total of less than  500. The number of votes in the House of Representatives. If the Senate had a say the total number of votes would have been closer to 750. Pheu Thai is in the House, not Senate.

I agree with you! The Senate has no say in Parliament's confidence debates. I was pointing out the debates had occurred in the previous Parliament and in fact PT blocked MF from grilling Pravit 

5 minutes ago, bannork said:

I agree with you! The Senate has no say in Parliament's confidence debates. I was pointing out the debates had occurred in the previous Parliament and in fact PT blocked MF from grilling Pravit 

Right, we are on the same page and it was good to point out the two recent no-confidence votes where the Senate clearly didn't take part in. ????

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

Please tell me where in the constitution is says that the Senate can block a no-confidence vote or that they take part in said vote. The rules are stipulated in Section 151 of the Constitution. Section 156 which stipulates the cases under which a join session of the National Assembly is required don't list anything regarding no-confidence votes.

I never said they vote or take part in the vote in the House so get your facts straight and stop trying to say I said that. Thats just gaslighting to try to prove your point.  Read all the sections and you might find your answer.  Im done with your hypothetical discussions as I've said several times now .  Have a great day

27 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I never said they vote or take part in the vote in the House so get your facts straight and stop trying to say I said that. Thats just gaslighting to try to prove your point.  Read all the sections and you might find your answer.  Im done with your hypothetical discussions as I've said several times now .  Have a great day

Please don't accuse me of trying to gaslight you. I've made the point that the Senate can't prevent the House from terminating the PM or other ministers through a no-confidence vote. Be it through blocking a vote or by taking part in a vote. You claimed the Senate can block the vote but that's not the case to my understanding. I've pointed out the relevant sections in the Constitution. If you know of other ones that confirm what you claim please come forward and list them so other can read up.