Food delivery apps are dumb

Harsh Jones

11 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

Low quality food delivered by low quality people to low quality consumers. 

Fast food was intended to be when you are in travel. You drive through or stop for something to eat when time was tight. But now people are paying someone to deliver food to them so that they can sit on their behinds and gain more weight. Do you just leave the door unlocked so your grubby delivery guy can just hand it to you when you're on the couch ?

Plus now when I am in line at some fast food joint, I have to wait for these delivery idiots with their grubby bags to get out of the way. And they usually take big orders of food with them. There should be a diabetes tax when using these delivery apps. 

Anyway, who agrees ?

Totally agree. Those MCcKings are bad enough when you eat in. After 20 minutes in an enclosed box.......yuk!

But you are just as susceptible to diabetes whether you eat in or have it delivered.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stocky said:

Someone got out of bed the wrong side this morning.

If you don't want to wait in the queue maybe you should use one of these food delivery apps?

Umm I only eat fast food when I am in travel. That is what it is intended for. 

Ordering fast food to your door is terrible home economics. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Anyway, who cares! ????Do you grow your own food?

Some veggies just for the hell of it but no.

It would really be hilarious if you are implying that fast food delivery is an extension of the agricultural revolution. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Many times cheaper and easier than driving to get it yourself, especially if using an ICE car/truck.

The business of delivery thrives for a reason.

Fast food is intended for when you are on the road already. Getting it yourself is the wrong move too. But paying someone to make the wrong move and preventing yourself from at least walking to your car or motorbike and back is even worse

Edited by Harsh Jones
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jaywalker2 said:

You have to pay a premium too. Walking to buy food should be part of your exercise regime if you're retired.

That depends entirely on where the vendors is, my mood, along with, how much strolling around have I already done today.   I get plenty of exercise, locally and when O&A.

Walking around the polluted roads (Suk) of Krung Thep is far from healthy exercise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Like any service, you need to pick an choose wisely.  Delivery service has been excellent for us, especially when at Krung Thep.  A lot more convenient than use going out to 'that' vendor during rush hour with the car or public trans, if not walking distance.

If within 'almost' walking distance, still convenient to avoid the heat and vehicle exhaust.  Scooter delivery many time faster.

OP complains about big orders, but just imagine if those big orders, were done in person.  hmm ... longer Q & wait time as they order.

I use the delivery apps quite often. I seldom order from fast food restos though.It saves me fighting traffic at 4-5 pm when I usually order my dinner.I also cook most b/f though.

7 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

I use the delivery apps quite often. I seldom order from fast food restos though.It saves me fighting traffic at 4-5 pm when I usually order my dinner.I also cook most b/f though.

Yea, I don't think I ever ordered from a fast food chain, as if getting something delivered, means I'm in a metro area, and sure to be a KFC (wing zap) or 7-11 within walking distance.  The only FF chains I eat from.

Jones Salad (never close) or a ma/pa vendor usually, when in Krung Thep.  Even that is rare, and I have to be really lazy.  Usually plenty of food near hotels that we stay at, as a priority when choosing.

Locally at home, we're just a wee bit too far, from local vendors for delivery.  Though easy to hop on the scooter, to pick something up about 5 ish mins away.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

Fast food was intended to be when you are in travel. You drive through or stop for something to eat when time was tight. But now people are paying someone to deliver food to them so that they can sit on their behinds and gain more weight. Do you just leave the door unlocked so your grubby delivery guy can just hand it to you when you're on the couch ?

Plus now when I am in line at some fast food joint, I have to wait for these delivery idiots with their grubby bags to get out of the way. And they usually take big orders of food with them. There should be a diabetes tax when using these delivery apps. 

Are these people not aware of the concept of walking a meal off ? I am not a health nut in the slightest. But I probably am compared to the ppl that use these apps. 

Anyway, who agrees ?

Have you considered that not all food deliveries go to homes. Have you not seen food delivered to people having a picnic at the beach?

Of course if you are writing about low quality food and low quality people, you have inadvertently included yourself in that description, since you are queuing up for exactly the same food that you criticise. What a sad character you project. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

Are these people not aware of the concept of walking a meal off ? I am not a health nut in the slightest. But I probably am compared to the ppl that use these apps. 

Anyway, who agrees ?

I think it's pretty negative in terms of laziness and lack of exercise.  People seem to be getting food delivered from the 7/11 that's literally 30 seconds walk away.  They do deliver normal food as well, but definitely a problem.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1