Furious "Red" Samut Sakhon Unleashes Rage by Burning Thaksin Effigy

webfact

In a striking act, they set ablaze effigies depicting Thaksin Shinawatra and Yingluck Shinawatra, along with various items bearing Thaksin's symbols.

These people should be very careful.

When Thaksin's second cousin (twice removed) comes to power, these rebels could well be victims statistics of the War on Drugs - part 2.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Sigmund said:

Future voters for MFP surely.

But a good reminder to never wear either red or a yellow t-shirt for the forthcomming months in Thailand.

Samut Sakhon is already a MFP constituency in previous election and followed through to winning in this election. Never been a Pheu Thai stronghold. All ado about nothing. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Paid fan club of the fugitive criminal is a better description.

They protested in Bangkok because their billionaire hero wanted "his" money back. It never had anything to do with democracy.

Obviously, it's sad that they needed more than 10 years to understand Thaksin's motives. But there is hope, they finally start to understand it. Maybe wait another decade or two and they understand it even better. 

I never agreed with you and your thoughts on Thatskin before.

Now I see the light.

Horrible bunch. 

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

A lot of Red Shirts must feel totally sold out by Thaksin.  I feel sorry for them.

For sure.

They might not even get the PM spot after it's all said and done.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I feel sorry that they didn't use their brain years ago when they supported Thaksin. He was always a con man. His so called "honest mistake" should have been enough to show everybody Thaksin's character. 

When they are handing out cash it affects reasoning, especially for people who don't have much.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 2

On 8/15/2023 at 8:40 PM, BangkokReady said:

A lot of Red Shirts must feel totally sold out by Thaksin.  I feel sorry for them.

It's the danger of personality politics. They supported Thaksin without bothering to see what he was doing.

It's a late revelation but welcome nonetheless.

• Thumbs Up 1