How-To Handle Machiavellian Land-’Lady’...Handling Her? REPUGNANT Thought!!

6 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Maslow wrote a lot about his theory of Hierarchy of Needs.

When/If this hierarchy of needs is met, then, in theory, one might eventually reach self-actualization.

I am not quite to the level of self-actualization, but...

I'm getting there.

Just a few more posts, I keep telling myself,

And I, too, will become self-actualized.

Should I be impressed or ?

3 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Are you drunk 24/7 or something? You write some bizarre ???? and also some cringe ???? like "I'm not quite at that level of "self-actualization" but I'm getting there."

Ok, whatever you say Siddhartha.

Stop hitting the sauce.

I remain as sober as a judge.

You can bet your bottom dollar on that...

• Love It 1

I would be very interested to know if anyone here has, so far, taken the trouble to download and watch a copy of Bergman in the 1944 film, Gaslight.

One reason I ask is that this film is one of the greatest Psychological Thrillers, even including those of Hitchcock, that exist, and this film will most definitely hold your attention.

But more than this, and just in case anyone here suspects that he or she, as a tenant, is being gaslighted by a landlord, then, after watching this film, they will be able to say with greater clarity whether or not this is the case.

And while watching this film you might be amused that one of the key elements in this film is the problem with, not the electric power in the building, but the gas lighting that flickers, dims, and then brightens at odd hours. I will not spoil this film for anyone who has not watched it by talking more about the lighting problem...

I will only say that, if you are a tenant, and your landlord is gaslighting you, and if you often complain about power issues in your house, room, or building, and if the landlord continues to state that it's all in your imagination, or that the electrical problem is your fault, or that the lighting in this building is designed for Thai people and not Farang, or that you are overloading the circuits, when in fact you know this to not be the case, etc., etc., etc., then you will enjoy this film, because this film speaks to you.  And, you will enjoy how Bergman overcomes the Evil Charles Boyer (if she does)...

Yes, it is true, this is a great film to watch if you are a tenant with electrical problems, and if your landlord is reluctant or too lazy to rectify the defective wiring, and instead just insists the problem is all in your imagination, or that it is your fault!

Please let me know if you have enjoyed watching this great film.

And tell me, too, if watching this film has helped you FIX your defective landlord.

I hope this film helps you as much as it has helped the hypothetical tenant who is the subject of this case study.

We tenants "shall overcome", as the great Martin Luther King once said.

Hoping to hear from you.....!

• Love It 1

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

If they refuse to refund your deposit, best thing to do is stay an extra month, without paying rent. 

Really?

What sort of potential legal troubles, if any, do you imagine that might cause?

Is such a thing often done?

I find such a tactic difficult to imagine.

Wouldn't the landlord be "in your face", almost day and night?

• Love It 1

29 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Stuffed, buggered, wrecked  or even nackered. Oz slang ie.

Ha-ha!

Leave it to the guys from Australia to think up such interesting terminology!

One of the reasons I love TV so much is that we have such a wonderfully diverse group of members here!

And so, I find TV anything but...boring...

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/17/2023 at 12:35 AM, MrJ2U said:

Buy her some imported chocolates.

OK. I can agree with this suggestion, worth a try, maybe.

SO: I need SUGGESTIONS for TOP-10-Best Kinds of Chocolate for RECALCITRANT Local Landladies....i.e.,...

1.  Melissa Coppel BONBONS:

image.png.c69751d0754c448bc890023bb08de7d9.png

image.png.cfcbe6be2a30683ba702e5660f83abfd.png

The above is my pick, #1, due to "Whisper Thin Skins"!!!

What might be your choice of best chocolate to HELP you GET your Rent DEPOSIT returned, when you... Cut your Losses, ...and Run?

Maybe only 5 Top choices will be enough for our purposes.

What is the best for Thai Landladies?

Let's say that...this hypothetical tenant is NOT cheap.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1