Condo rental recommendations please

blackcab

26 minutes ago, pomchop said:

walking st side looks over the big lot full of trees and also nice sunsets and beach ocean on higher floors...

A good summary of one of the best options, thank you. 

Edited by jacko45k

5 hours ago, JimTripper said:

It doesn’t have to be on recommendation alone. I recommend an agent to go over the listings yourself. Everyone’s different, the chances of liking a place that someone else likes are pretty low in my opinion and a waste of time.

For example; I used to live in a 200 sq.m penthouse on the beach road. Private elevator access only served two apartments. Closest to beachfront that you could get in the beach road, other than Windy Inn beach side. You won’t find it through any agent. Recommendations can be useful. That doesn’t rule agents out either. Whereas you are advocating agents only. Doesn’t seem intelligent. 

3 hours ago, NextG said:

For example; I used to live in a 200 sq.m penthouse on the beach road. Private elevator access only served two apartments. Closest to beachfront that you could get in the beach road, other than Windy Inn beach side. You won’t find it through any agent. Recommendations can be useful. That doesn’t rule agents out either. Whereas you are advocating agents only. Doesn’t seem intelligent. 

That’s true, but you need to back up the recommendation with photo’s, prices, everything, or it’s a waste of time. In that case you’re basically acting as an agent, minus the contract work.

Just blabbing go here or there does little to help the op. He would be running around in circles like a chicken without a head (or brain) trying to find what you are recommending, or likely the place would be let already.

Like I said before, agents have current info with pictures so they can make an informed decision.

54 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

That’s true, but you need to back up the recommendation with photo’s, prices, everything, or it’s a waste of time. In that case you’re basically acting as an agent, minus the contract work.

Just blabbing go here or there does little to help the op. He would be running around in circles like a chicken without a head (or brain) trying to find what you are recommending, or likely the place would be let already.

Like I said before, agents have current info with pictures so they can make an informed decision.

Sorry, but you are writing absolute rubbish ☺️
Acting as an agent…????

I think you are writing about yourself(running around like a headless chicken, afraid of “wild dingoes”) ????

Others can research the recommendations more intelligently. We had this thing nowadays called the Internet. Research can be done on the recommendation beforehand. If it sounds good, you can follow up. If not, move on to the next. Obviously, you didn’t do that. You lived in at least three different places and have now decided that you don’t like living in the city at all ☺️
So it sounds as if you are referring to yourself, who was unable to do any proper research and instead ran around like a ‘headless chicken’. An intelligent person would not need to do so. 
Even if I didn’t supply pictures, they can be found online. 
In fact, I already knew nice places that would fit your budget and requirements, but I absolutely would not get involved with you, because I understood that you wouldn’t ever be satisfied. It’s not an accommodation issue with you; it’s a ‘you’ issue. You were looking for a lifestyle, a bit like you had in Bangkok, but it’s not working out that way for you. 
Others may just be looking for decent accommodation, rather than help with their other issues. 
Don’t worry about the OP. Agents are everywhere, he can find one if he needs one. This thread is for recommendations. If you don’t have any, perhaps you can find a more suitable thread. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/17/2023 at 3:56 PM, scubascuba3 said:

Best and easiest in that situation is View Talay 6, on beach plus on baht bus routr both ways, big pool, walking distance to everywhere. 25k should get a nice one. 16-18k gets a 48m studio

Agree.

I don't live Pattaya but frequent visitor.

VT6 is on the beach and has largish rooms 48sm

There is always rooms available for rent.

For pool lovers it has enormous pool.

Has direct access to beach road.

Gate using key card. 

Fronts Second Rd so for someone without own car/bike can travel easily in both directions on the baht buses 

VERY close to  central plaza. 

I like the Soi 7-9 area. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, NextG said:

Sorry, but you are writing absolute rubbish ☺️
Acting as an agent…????

I think you are writing about yourself(running around like a headless chicken, afraid of “wild dingoes”) ????

Others can research the recommendations more intelligently. We had this thing nowadays called the Internet. Research can be done on the recommendation beforehand. If it sounds good, you can follow up. If not, move on to the next. Obviously, you didn’t do that. You lived in at least three different places and have now decided that you don’t like living in the city at all ☺️
So it sounds as if you are referring to yourself, who was unable to do any proper research and instead ran around like a ‘headless chicken’. An intelligent person would not need to do so. 
Even if I didn’t supply pictures, they can be found online. 
In fact, I already knew nice places that would fit your budget and requirements, but I absolutely would not get involved with you, because I understood that you wouldn’t ever be satisfied. It’s not an accommodation issue with you; it’s a ‘you’ issue. You were looking for a lifestyle, a bit like you had in Bangkok, but it’s not working out that way for you. 
Others may just be looking for decent accommodation, rather than help with their other issues. 
Don’t worry about the OP. Agents are everywhere, he can find one if he needs one. This thread is for recommendations. If you don’t have any, perhaps you can find a more suitable thread. 

Still no listings, just time wasting posts. If the Op goes to enough buildings they might find “something”. Bring lots of water.

I’m looking forward to any listings you may have available.

Please post some pictures, availability, prices, etc. They should meet the criteria the Op has stated. Make sure to call in to see if it’s available “now” and don’t just pull an old listing off online before recommending.

Is that beachfront unit available now? If not, why recommend it or mention it? It just wastes time.

Edited by JimTripper

4 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Hi Mr Chicken,

Please post some pictures, availability, prices, etc. They should meet the criteria the Op has stated.

Why dont you both co author a thread"How to suck eggs"! ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Still no listings, just time wasting posts. If the Op goes to enough buildings they might find “something”. Bring lots of water.

Please post some pictures, availability, prices, etc. They should meet the criteria the Op has stated. Make sure to call in to see if it’s available “now” and don’t just pull an old listing off online before recommending.

Is that beachfront unit available now? If not, why recommend it or mention it? It just wastes time.

I’m confused ???? Are you looking for a One bedroom apartment around 60 sq.m. in size with a budget of 25k? 
Why is it that you are looking forward to viewing such listings if you are not interested in them for yourself? Your budget is MUCH lower and you cannot move anyway, since you don’t want to lose your deposit. 

Methinks you are just a Troll. Dissatisfied with your life and circumstances and so attempting to disrupt the thread without even providing a single recommendation. 
FYI, the OP already has the details. Yes it’s available now. You don’t get to see them. Sorry ????

P.S. Did you read Mike Teavee’s post above? That agrees with my way of doing things. You did it your way and have failed. 

Edited by NextG

43 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Why dont you both co author a thread"How to suck eggs"! ????

For that to make sense, he would have to know what he was talking about in the first place. His entire knowledge is “go to see an agent”. Not even a single actual recommendation within the criteria. Useless and insulting to the OP in my opinion. 

24 minutes ago, NextG said:

The criteria is a One bedroom apartment of at least 60 sq.m. with a budget of 25k. 

Here is one of possible thousands .

There's a bloke called Mr Google.

He has a lot.

https://www.thailand-property.com/ads/1-bedroom-condo-for-rent-in-1-tower-pratumnak-pattaya-chonburi_0a45d6e5fac7-1950-8846-f8c4-043111d2

22 minutes ago, NextG said:

Is that on or near Pattaya Beach road? ????????‍♂️

Not the point. 

You can narrow the search to any particular area. 

My Thai partner has couple of condos and a townhouse.

I just asked her how she finds tenants. 

On the good old facebook she selects an area joins a group. 

The agents view these pages and try and find tenant.

Back to the OP.... Most rentals are handled by agents for the "finder's fee" so to speak.

Unlike the way rental agents in western countries where the agent is ongoing and ongoing commission.

If someone wants to deal completely just direct owner he would to walk into a place like View Talay and they have listings on a board.

Actually just rented one to a USA guy with 12 month lease.

He with his Thai gf just walked into the office of our building and asked office manager what's available.

The office managers are aware of what's going on in the building.

She knew we had recently purchased and did complete makeover.

Took this guy straight to our room and my partner and he discussed rental. She said this he said yes.

The office manager received one month rent from the owner previous to us and making offers on our behalf.

She also got one months rent when she introduced the USA guy..

So she received 17k for finding renter and doing the contract. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

So the OP asks for advice on the best part of the beach road on which to stay, you post a link to a building in Phra Tamnak and then try to tell that the location in which you posted is ‘not the point’?!

Have you actually made suggestions or just critise others.

Yes the OP gave clear guidelines of what he is after.

The guy does not have bike or car and possibly not safe even on back of bike. 

My first link was to VT6 and yes while it was 48sm and studio....

Do you think VT6 does not have bigger apartments. It was the name of a condo that would have many various options.

In any event don't like your style of posting .

On Ignore. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

https://lazudi.com/th-en/chonburi/property/view-talay-6-condo-for-rent-in-central-pattaya-123876

Here is random add for 48 sqm 

Pictures look great.

18k seems to cheap.

So yeah plenty of places available 

The price is probably a bit lower because that’s the parking structure opposite. Cars park there behind the plants and would be looking directly into the unit. At least they are honest with the pictures.

This is a good example why viewing listings is helpful (assuming it’s updated and current which they typically aren’t. Thus the agent recommendation again. Part of their job is contacting places to see when and if it’s still available). It can save a lot of time viewing units you may not be interested in.

Some people may not care, that’s ok too, just visit each one and bring lots of water. Retired means lots of free time. Great exercise as well. One guy likes parking lots, others don’t. No way to tell really.

Edited by JimTripper

38 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Thus the agent recommendation again

Yes.

The link you quoted me is just a link to that condo.. 

It also lists many others.

Having read a second post where the OP confirms that his friend can't even ride on back of bike makes location #1.

VT6 having exit/entry door to beach road and frontage to Second Rd hard to beat. 

Edited by DrJack54

34 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

The price is probably a bit lower because that’s the parking structure opposite. Cars park there behind the plants and would be looking directly into the unit. At least they are honest with the pictures.

This is a good example why viewing listings is helpful (assuming it’s updated and current which they typically aren’t. Thus the agent recommendation again. Part of their job is contacting places to see when and if it’s still available). It can save a lot of time viewing units you may not be interested in.

Some people may not care, that’s ok too, just visit each one and bring lots of water. Retired means lots of free time. Great exercise as well. One guy likes parking lots, others don’t. No way to tell really.

How did you view the listing? Via the web? ????

You didn’t need to go to an agent to do it, did you? Someone made a recommendation and you were able to view it online. Of course it wasn’t a particularly useful recommendation, as the poster didn’t pay attention to almost any of the criteria. 
Personal recommendations should take everything into account, as I did. 
Not just trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. 
I also considered to exceed the space requirements. No sharp edged furniture. If someone falls in a small space with sharp edged furniture…Safety of balcony. Low traffic area etc

Some of us put thought into what we do. 
Others may think that are smarter than they actually turn out to be. 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes.

The link you quoted me is just a link to that condo.. 

It also lists many others.

Having read a second post where the OP confirms that his friend can't even ride on back of bike makes location #1.

VT6 having exit/entry door to beach road and frontage to Second Rd hard to beat. 

One bedroom, 60 sq.m.+ 25k

Square peg into round hole, unless you have experience of a one bedroom of 60+ square metres with sea view going for 25k. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NextG said:

How did you view the listing? Via the web? ????

You didn’t need to go to an agent to do it, did you? Someone made a recommendation and you were able to view it online. Of course it wasn’t a particularly useful recommendation, as the poster didn’t pay attention to almost any of the criteria. 
Personal recommendations should take everything into account, as I did. 
Not just trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. 
I also considered to exceed the space requirements. No sharp edged furniture. If someone falls in a small space with sharp edged furniture…Safety of balcony. Low traffic area etc

Some of us put thought into what we do. 
Others may think that are smarter than they actually turn out to be. 

The online listings in Thailand are rarely updated and current. Owners and realtors self post and don’t take them down. Often they are years old clickbait listings just referring you to an agent. The sites don’t police the listings.

I have had a lot of experience with this. Try it and see if it works for you, but your likely going to wonder why it’s a dead end, why it’s “never available” for some reason, if your lucky enough to get a response at all.

You need an agent who has current listings and is in constant contact with available units and which ones are coming available soon so you get one before it gets snatched up by someone else.

Thats what I have been saying on every post.

Edited by JimTripper

6 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

The online listings in Thailand are rarely updated and current. Owners self post and don’t take them down.

I have had a lot of experience with this. Try it and see if it works for you, but your likely going to wonder why it’s a dead end, why it’s “never available” for some reason.

You need an agent who has current listings and is in constant contact with available units and which ones are coming available soon so you get one before it gets snatched up by someone else.

Thats what I have been saying on every post.

Facebook marketplace will be current, agents just post on there