Condo rental recommendations please

blackcab

A colleague is looking to rent a condo on/near Beach Road Pattaya. He cannot ride/drive due to epilepsy, so closer is better.

He has a budget of 25k per month and would prefer 1 bedroom, 60 plus square meters total space and a sea view (if at all possible). 

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Not knowing the area, is there a preferred part of Beach Road? On one hand he would like easy access to malls, but on the other he wants to be able to sleep at night...

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Best and easiest in that situation is View Talay 6, on beach plus on baht bus routr both ways, big pool, walking distance to everywhere. 25k should get a nice one. 16-18k gets a 48m studio

Good suggestion, i assume it would need to be a high ( ish ) floor to avoid the noise?

There is actually another thread on here recently about the noise problems at Pattaya Beach at night.

I have stayed at View Talay on the beach view side I found it very noisy.  All the events that occur music/firework shows etc, vehicles with very loud eardrum shattering speakers advertising something, and all the nighttime issues with groups at the beach blasting music until morning.  It is actually quieter on the mall side of the buidling, but not much of a view.  The location of View Talay 6 is great, but good luck with getting a decent nights sleep.

To add, Northshore is very nice but would not be surprised they are getting these noise issues also.

Bottom line: Pattaya is one of the biggest party towns in Asia, maybe the world.  FInding "quiet"is not easy unless you get away from the beach/party/entertainment areas. 

Edited by bkk6060
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

There is actually another thread on here recently about the noise problems at Pattaya Beach at night.

I have stayed at View Talay on the beach view side I found it very noisy.  All the events that occur music/firework shows etc, vehicles with very loud eardrum shattering speakers advertising something, and all the nighttime issues with groups at the beach blasting music until morning.  It is actually quieter on the mall side of the buidling, but not much of a view.  The location of View Talay 6 is great, but good luck with getting a decent nights sleep.

To add, Northshore is very nice but would not be surprised they are getting these noise issues also.

Bottom line: Pattaya is one of the biggest party towns in Asia, maybe the world.  FInding "quiet"is not easy unless you get away from the beach/party/entertainment areas. 

I have a friend staying at VT6, not once moaned about the noise. Of course the beach does have events now and again

• Thanks 1

A little back from beach on sukhumvit but an easy trip down centre rd to beach with motorbike taxi.  Rent is bargain at 4000 baht.  Giant pool furnished. 40sqm. Near foodland falang supermarket and big c extra Perhaps a little off what chap wants but maybe someone else interested.  Pm me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Good suggestion, i assume it would need to be a high ( ish ) floor to avoid the noise?

Right next door to central shopping mall and stunning views with little to no noise facing the sea. 25 k should be doable 50 to 60 sqm especially now but harder high season 

Edited by whereyougo
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

Why noisy Pattaya location?

My experience is Jomtien offers much quieter and better living for same price. Like VT7 & 5 right on the clean beach.

I believe for him being walking distance to shops and amenities trumps any noise issues. He currently lives in a condo on Sukhumvit in Bangkok, so he must be reasonably noise tolerant.

"I have to say that I’m not a big fan of the railings on VT balconies. 
My balcony railing is 30 to 40 cms wide at the top. Comfortable for leaning against etc VT railings are just a pipe. "

How about buying a chair?

PS. I don't think epileptic person is very eager to lean or be on balconies....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

"I have to say that I’m not a big fan of the railings on VT balconies. 
My balcony railing is 30 to 40 cms wide at the top. Comfortable for leaning against etc VT railings are just a pipe. "

How about buying a chair?

PS. I don't think epileptic person is very eager to lean or be on balconies....

How about you leave it to the person in question to decide what is best for themselves?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, NextG said:

How will he be getting around? Walking? Taxis? 
Long or short term? 
Personally I would choose Naklua. That could give easy access to Terminal 21. 

Why not VT6 if being near a Mall is important?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, blackshadow said:

look at THE BASE ????

The requirement was for a 1BR 60SQM Unit, no idea how big the Units are at the Base but it wouldn't surprise me if the 1BRs there were < 40SQM. 

And a quick check on Hipflat suggests most are around 30SQM

https://www.hipflat.com/projects/the-base-central-pattaya-zuiltg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Why not VT6 if being near a Mall is important?

Perhaps you didn’t read my other post with regard to the balcony design. Other than that, maybe you can start the ball rolling by providing a link to a 1 bed apartment there for 25k…

2 hours ago, NextG said:

Perhaps you didn’t read my other post with regard to the balcony design. Other than that, maybe you can start the ball rolling by providing a link to a 1 bed apartment there for 25k…

I have always felt positive about the Markland, despite it's age... but agreed VT6 prices are a bit higher. My pal who owns 3 (maybe 4 now) there must be doing well. 

I regard Naklua as not a good option... Naklua, to me meaning North of The Dolphin. 

Edited by jacko45k

56 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have always felt positive about the Markland, despite it's age... but agreed VT6 prices are a bit higher. My pal who owns 3 (maybe 4 now) there must be doing well. 

I regard Naklua as not a good option... Naklua, to me meaning North of The Dolphin. 

It doesn’t matter what you ‘regard’ if your knowledge of the area is so obviously limited. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

My opinion carries as much weight as yours or anyone's here, just less acidity.

Only in your mind. For sure the OP won’t agree with you. 
Your ‘opinion’ is if no use here. Knowledge is what is needed. Yours, with regard to this request, is obviously limited. Don’t take it personally. Instead, prove me wrong if you can. I know simply by your statement that your knowledge of the area is limited. It’s a fact, not an opinion. 

Edited by NextG
  • Thumbs Up 1