Condo rental recommendations please

blackcab

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Oh you know him do you? I hope he knows Beach Rd is not  in Naklua unlike you. 

He certainly knows more than you do at this point ????

Cease to embarrass yourself and take your time to do read the OP carefully and then do at least a little research before spouting off. 

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

He certainly knows more than you do at this point ????

Cease to embarrass yourself and take your time to do read the OP carefully and then do at least a little research before spouting off. 

OP is looking for a place on/near Beach road. Naklua that you are proposing is not on Beach Road (OP said closer the better)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

OP is looking for a place on/near Beach road. Naklua that you are proposing is not on Beach Road (OP said closer the better)

I made my suggestion and am happy to stick with it, since I’m one of the few here who actually knows what they are talking about. One other being newnative. 
It’s okay if you don’t understand it. That is not important. As long as the OP does. 
Other than my suggestion, I think Northshore on the Beach Road fits with the requested requirements. Still a bit of a walk to Best Supermarket or Terminal 21, but doable. The alternative is a Bolt car or taking a Songthaew all the way down to Walking Street and back down to the end of Second Road. 
Of course there is Central Festival, which would only require a walk down the Soi on the way back. 
I took all this into account when making my suggestion. The OP understands that. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NextG said:

I made my suggestion and am happy to stick with it, since I’m one of the few here who actually knows what they are talking about. One other being newnative. 
It’s okay if you don’t understand it. That is not important. As long as the OP does. 
Other than my suggestion, I think Northshore on the Beach Road fits with the requested requirements. Still a bit of a walk to Best Supermarket or Terminal 21, but doable. The alternative is a Bolt car or taking a Songthaew all the way down to Walking Street and back down to the end of Second Road. 
Of course there is Central Festival, which would only require a walk down the Soi on the way back. 
I took all this into account when making my suggestion. The OP understands that. 

How would Beach Road fit for somebody who wanted  Naklua I wonder. Totally not.! 

Just now, Olmate said:

How would Beach Road fit for somebody who wanted  Naklua I wonder. Totally not.! 

I think you may have gotten it a little bit twisted. Try the other way around. It can work, if you know how. 

OP, what about Grand Avenue on soi 15, only 50 metres behind the Avenue shopping centre?

No sea views but 50 metres to supermarket and Pharmacy and 150 meters to Pattaya hospital on soi bukhao. Baht bus route on 2nd road and soi bukhao close by, beach only a block away

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, NextG said:

Northshore is the best condo on beach rd, IMHO. But I don't think they rent out for 25k, more like 35+

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Trippy said:

Northshore is the best condo on beach rd, IMHO. But I don't think they rent out for 25k, more like 35+

They have 80 sq.m. One bedroom advertised openly for 25k. Additionally, most everyone is open to negotiating. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Best to spend a night or two to see if it fits to need before signing a lease.

VT6 is quite expensive per night but location's great and Tops Market and others @ Central have inexpensive good food.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/view-talay-6-pattaya-beach-condo.en-gb.html

There are other condos to try for less money. Deals come and go.

Good Luck!

So he is mobile, just walking, so wants something central?

No problems there. Pretty much my situation as well.

I suggest he visit one of the many real estate agents in town or their websites. Go over a bunch of units at once, and they drive you around to view, rather then piddling around town or on Internet forums.

I suggest Gekko Properties. They are across from the Big C Pattaya Klang. Good luck.

Wastes too much time finding places one by one (unless you just want anything). You get there don’t like it and waste half the day. Go look at some listings and pictures so you don’t waste time.

Edited by JimTripper

54 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

I suggest he visit one of the many real estate agents in town or their websites. Go over a bunch of units at once, and they drive you around to view, rather then piddling around town or on Internet forums.

I suggest Gekko Properties. They are across from the Big C Pattaya Klang. Good luck.

Wastes too much time finding places one by one (unless you just want anything). You get there don’t like it and waste half the day. Go look at some listings and pictures so you don’t waste time.

But yet you’ve ended up in a place that you want to leave but cannot, as you don’t want to lose your deposit. 
I think you shouldn’t really be offering advice to others, whilst denigrating the advice sought here here, given that you pretty much messed it up for yourself. 
Some of us have deep knowledge, but aren’t compromised by the need to make money. 

Better to do your research as to possible buildings and THEN look at agents who may have access to a few within that building. 

Edited by NextG

5 hours ago, NextG said:

But yet you’ve ended up in a place that you want to leave but cannot, as you don’t want to lose your deposit. 
I think you shouldn’t really be offering advice to others, whilst denigrating the advice sought here here, given that you pretty much messed it up for yourself. 
Some of us have deep knowledge, but aren’t compromised by the need to make money. 

Better to do your research as to possible buildings and THEN look at agents who may have access to a few within that building. 

My wanting to leave my place has nothing to do with the agent I used or what I wanted to book. It’s just a personal change of heart after being here awhile. It’s much better in fact then the Talay bunk I had before this. Also, it’s about being in Pattaya at all, not the condo. The condo is pretty nice. It just does not do it for me if I don’t like the city much. If anything the Op needs to make sure they really like Pattaya would be my suggestion.

For the Op you don’t know what your getting unless you have pictures in front of you to widdle down your choices. You sound picky (beach, noise, etc etc). A picture says a thousand words. Some expert on here thinks a place is great, then you show up and it’s a trash can. Go figure.

Your probably going to find it a big waste of time traveling around to different buildings someone mentioned for freak knows what reason, then not liking the rooms they have. Goes double if your walking. Bring lots of water or use grab or bolt taxi.

As far as the deposit goes you would need to pay that anyway. The plus of not using an agent would be that the rental price is not bumped up to pay for the agent commission (usually one month), but you could always just negotiate down.

Let us know if you find something you like just based on recommendations alone.

Edited by JimTripper

On 8/17/2023 at 4:29 PM, bkk6060 said:

There is actually another thread on here recently about the noise problems at Pattaya Beach at night.

I have stayed at View Talay on the beach view side I found it very noisy.  All the events that occur music/firework shows etc, vehicles with very loud eardrum shattering speakers advertising something, and all the nighttime issues with groups at the beach blasting music until morning.  It is actually quieter on the mall side of the buidling, but not much of a view.  The location of View Talay 6 is great, but good luck with getting a decent nights sleep.

To add, Northshore is very nice but would not be surprised they are getting these noise issues also.

Bottom line: Pattaya is one of the biggest party towns in Asia, maybe the world.  FInding "quiet"is not easy unless you get away from the beach/party/entertainment areas. 

I can't speak for the south side of Northshore but I lived on a fairly high floor on the north side and noise was not a problem.  A small, boutique hotel across the street had a rooftop bar/restaurant and there was live music on some weekends but that was about it for noise, and it ended around midnight.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, JimTripper said:

My wanting to leave my place has nothing to do with the agent I used or what I wanted to book. It’s just a personal change of heart after being here awhile. It’s much better in fact then the Talay bunk I had before this. Also, it’s about being in Pattaya at all, not the condo. The condo is pretty nice. It just does not do it for me if I don’t like the city much. If anything the Op needs to make sure they really like Pattaya would be my suggestion.

For the Op you don’t know what your getting unless you have pictures in front of you to widdle down your choices. You sound picky (beach, noise, etc etc). A picture says a thousand words. Some expert on here thinks a place is great, then you show up and it’s a trash can. Go figure.

Your probably going to find it a big waste of time traveling around to different buildings someone mentioned for freak knows what reason, then not liking the rooms they have. Goes double if your walking. Bring lots of water or use grab or bolt taxi.

As far as the deposit goes you would need to pay that anyway. The plus of not using an agent would be that the rental price is not bumped up to pay for the agent commission (usually one month), but you could always just negotiate down.

You are missing the point. Why does it have to be on recommendation alone? Why not a combination of information gleaned here followed up with an agent?

It’s only your brain compartmentalising things. 
Whereas, the OP will get out of the box ideas to follow up here. For example, beachfront as opposed to just sea view. The sound and feel of the sea makes all the difference. 

13 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Why would you imagine that pictures are not available? If a building is recommended, pictures and availability are easily obtained. 
Your issue is that you live in the wrong part of Pattaya. It’s nonsense to state that you don’t like the city. You just choose to stay in the ‘worst’ part of it, because you convinced yourself that you couldn’t stay anywhere else. But that’s because you don’t know any better, but you think that you do ????

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NextG said:

You are missing the point. Why does it have to be on recommendation alone? Why not a combination of information gleaned here followed up with an agent?

It’s only your brain compartmentalising things. 
Whereas, the OP will get out of the box ideas to follow up here. For example, beachfront as opposed to just sea view. The sound and feel of the sea makes all the difference. 

It doesn’t have to be on recommendation alone. I recommend an agent to go over the listings yourself. Everyone’s different, the chances of liking a place that someone else likes are pretty low in my opinion and a waste of time.

13 hours ago, NextG said:

Why would you imagine that pictures are not available? If a building is recommended, pictures and availability are easily obtained. 
Your issue is that you live in the wrong part of Pattaya. It’s nonsense to state that you don’t like the city. You just choose to stay in the ‘worst’ part of it, because you convinced yourself that you couldn’t stay anywhere else. But that’s because you don’t know any better, but you think that you do ????

Not pictures of available units. You would need an agent for that. Hipflat etc all have outdated listings that are rarely currently available.

Thé OP says on or near Beach road, so how about the newer condos on 2nd Rd just after / near Central ? Those are on the Baht route, near Central, Baht bus to front of Terminal 21, and he can go through one of the Soi’s or even Central to Beach road. That would be my choice. I visited the Urban Realty office near Hotel Mercury and behind The Avenue Mall. They’ve built quite a few condos , I Ve lived in one, Nice girls who run the office in Jomtien tho. The one I visited behind the Avenue Mall was great and they’ve built others. Worth taking a look as it ticks all the boxes. Not sure of rent price.

4 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Not pictures of available units. You would need an agent for that. Hipflat etc all have outdated listings that are rarely currently available.

Don’t be silly now ???? No one has suggested to not use an agent. Hipflat at least gives you the name of the agent. You can visit the website of the agent directly to view and enquire as to what is available and to arrange viewings as and when. 
I have no idea as to why you are nitpicking your way through this. 
Intelligent people would first find the area in which they want to live and go from there. You chose the centre and are now complaining about the other malcontents living there. No agent is going to be able to save you from yourself. 
I made a survey of the areas to find a place where I liked regardless of the people around. You seem to baulk at doing anything for yourself. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JimTripper said:

It doesn’t have to be on recommendation alone. I recommend an agent to go over the listings yourself. Everyone’s different, the chances of liking a place that someone else likes are pretty low in my opinion and a waste of time.

Are you still going on about this? ☺️
Where did anyone write that it should be on recommendation alone? ????

On 8/16/2023 at 11:39 PM, scubascuba3 said:

I have a friend staying at VT6, not once moaned about the noise. Of course the beach does have events now and again

stayed vt6 long time...had high floor mall side...only noise ever heard was a/c units on top of mall which never bothered me as sort of white noise but maybe bother some

then did lower floor walking st side...there is a big empty lot next door there that had become dumping ground for soi dogs that barked a lot...but they did round them all up and moved them way out of pattaya...when they were gone it was very pleasant...few birds chirping...and of course when there is a big festival on the beach u can get some fireworks etc but i found close door and turn on a/c and no problem

vt6 is a solid building with perhaps most central location in pattaya...wonderful to have mall and food court and shops next door...private walkway leading to beach without dodging motorbikes..plenty of convenience stores massage restaurants realtors cleaning service etc in lobby and big beautiful pool...baht bus avail soi 2 or beach road side....and of course 7 min walk to tree town and buahkaho if/when u want it but far enough away to not even notice if don't go there...

great choice for most anyone....look around as most every unit is furnished differently some very old funiture and no upgrades...others very nicely upgraded...low floors on mall side have little to no view as look into wall of mall..walking st side looks over the big lot full of trees and also nice sunsets and beach ocean on higher floors...

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2023 at 4:23 PM, JimTripper said:

It’s exactly the opposite. It’s a waste of time looking at listings if you have no idea of how they look, including the exact location, in real life. 
Accommodation might look good in pictures, but you get there and decide no even before you enter the building. 
I narrow it down to places for which I like the feel/location and then look at the other factors, such as price, size facilities. Looking at pretty pictures doesn’t come close. Recommendations can certainly help. Areas to avoid. Good transport links.  There are also accommodations that don’t have any agents attached at all. You wouldn’t know anything about them unless you found them yourself or someone told you about them. 
But of course if you are too lazy or simply unable to make the effort, you can just end up with the mainstream. 

• Like 1