Condo rental recommendations please

blackcab

3 minutes ago, NextG said:

Again, the point is not the specific listing. It’s finding a suitable area, location, building. Then you can choose from what is available in that building. What if your agent doesn’t have anything in a particular building of which you know nothing about? You’ll be none the wiser. The point of recommendations is to narrow down choices and to perhaps find that hidden gem. 
I challenge you to find my 200 sq. m. Penthouse on the beach road. Two bedrooms. Two bathrooms. Private elevator access.  Ask any agent you like. 
Eventually you’ll get the point.  Slowly, but surely. 
Your thinking appears somewhat limited. 
If I was interested in something at VT6, I would simply go there to ask. Give them my budget and let them try to fit my requirements. No need to waste time with viewing listings. They’ll know what they can offer within your budget and show you, in person what is available. 
That’s why recommendations are useful. You can go directly there if the building and location fits your requirements. 
Of course if you don’t have a clue, then let a random agent suggest sell you what they have wherever. 

You would be wasting time in that case viewing different units without seeing pictures first, but I guess that would work if you were really set on living in a particular building and had visited it before or saw pictures of the building.

I like to see pictures of the available units and narrow the choices rather then touring all day on rooms I may not like. I also like to see everything available at once not just what someone chooses to show me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

The online listings in Thailand are rarely updated and current. Owners self post and don’t take them down.

I have had a lot of experience with this. Try it and see if it works for you, but your likely going to wonder why it’s a dead end, why it’s “never available” for some reason.

You need an agent who has current listings and is in constant contact with available units and which ones are coming available soon so you get one before it gets snatched up by someone else.

Thats what I have been saying on every post.

I didn’t use an agent. I took a tour to find places that felt desirable to me and then made enquiries. Result: nice place in a nice area. 
Whereas you have ended up in a place where you don’t want to be. Listings didn’t help you there, did they? 
Better to communicate with the people who live here, they might share a few hidden gems with you. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

You would be wasting time in that case viewing different units without seeing pictures first, but I guess that would work if you were really set on living in a particular building and had visited it before or saw pictures of the building.

I like to see pictures of the available units and narrow the choices rather then touring all day on rooms I may not like. I also like to see everything available at once not just what someone chooses to show me.

Why would you need to tour a single building? ????

8 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

NextG definitely taken over this thread with his own agenda rather than the OP ????

Yes, it called sticking to the topic. You can try it. One bedroom apartment. 60+ square metres. Budget of 25k. On on near the beach road, taking into account medical issues. 
Have you anything to recommend that fits with the topic… or are you here for your own agenda? ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya57 said:

And yet you're on about he should stay in Naklua and your 200sqm penthouse on beach road

Naklua yes. If you understood you might agree. ????

200 sq.m. Penthouse is a side debate to demonstrate that agents don’t have access to everything available and that personal recommendations are a useful addition to one’s arsenal. 
I don’t mind if you agree or do not. I am confident in my stance. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NextG said:

Naklua yes. If you understood you might agree. ????

200 sq.m. Penthouse is a side debate to demonstrate that agents don’t have access to everything available and that personal recommendations are a useful addition to one’s arsenal. 
I don’t mind if you agree or do not. I am confident in my stance. 

It’s very rare for an owner to keep a unit off market and only offer “personal recommendations” or ask for references. It does happen with heirloom properties, but I can’t see it happening in Pattaya at all.

In Pattaya people want units rented asap. It’s a commodity. Available units hit the real estate agent listings straight away and there is a frenzy to rent out the most desirable ones immediately before the next guy gets it. The box cutters just sit there and lose interest or short time Chinese rent out by the week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

It’s very rare for an owner to keep a unit off market and only offer “personal recommendations” or ask for references. It does happen with heirloom properties, but I can’t see it happening in Pattaya at all.

In Pattaya people want units rented asap. It’s a commodity. Available units hit the real estate agent listings straight away and there is a frenzy to rent out the most desirable ones immediately before the next guy gets it. The box cutters just sit there and lose interest or short time Chinese rent out by the week.

How would you know? ???? You just made that all up. You haven’t really got a clue and that’s the truth. 
You find my penthouse on beach road if what you say is true.
That fact is that most of the buildings don’t exist to you, so you wouldn’t know anything about them. Same for the people who don’t live in the area and make recommendations from their time staying in the centre. They know VT6 exists but not much else.  

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You realise with each post you dig a bigger hole, you just sound disturbed, OCD or on the spectrum maybe, certainly not normal, arguing with everyone, if it's not this thread it's sims, probably any thread, do yourself a favour get out and meet real people

The difference between you and I is that I am amongst real people and have real relationships. Not based on money or lack of social skills. I can debate as that is a skill. If you went to a good university, you too might have that ability. So thanks but I don’t need advice from one of life’s losers. But thank you anyway. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You realise with each post you dig a bigger hole, you just sound disturbed, OCD or on the spectrum maybe, certainly not normal, arguing with everyone, if it's not this thread it's sims, probably any thread, do yourself a favour get out and meet real people

Seems you are a victim of your own posts. Now everyone is looking at you. 
How about you discuss the topic, adult? ☺️

Edited by NextG
  • Sad 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NextG said:

Even if I was ‘on the spectrum’… so what? Are you perfect? ☺️ I am sure that you are not. I can guarantee that you aren’t in a relationship with one of your peers. So shall I label you? I, in the other hand, am able to have full and complete relationships with my peers. Fancy that… someone ‘on the spectrum’ more capable than yourself ????

You mean “relationships” with other foreigner males? That’s weird. What do you mean, just normal friendships? ????????‍♂️

Edited by JimTripper

2 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

You mean “relationships” with another foreigner males? That’s weird. What do you mean? ????????‍♂️

Peer means someone at your own level…

It means that I’m in a normal relationship with someone from a similar culture and that I have normal friends. I haven’t burned my bridges nor sold my soul. So I’m quite confident that wherever I am, I have real people around me who actually love and care for me.  
Equally when I post on here, I show the same diligence and dedication. 
Unconcerned with comments from people who likely could not hold a candle to me in real life. 
So I stand by everything that I write ???? Not so easy to rattle me ???? I have solid backing. 

Edited by NextG
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

And yet you respond 3 times to his same post, do you need 3 attempts to get it right or did his post make you argue 3 times as much?

Is it unusual to add to what you have to say? ????

I can go all day. I have power ????

It’s more interesting that you have to react to me. I’m dealing with the topic but you are obviously attracted to me… like a moth to a flame. 

Edited by NextG

16 minutes ago, NextG said:

Peer means someone at your own level…

It means that I’m in a normal relationship with someone from a similar culture and that I have normal friends. I haven’t burned my bridges nor sold my soul. So I’m quite confident that wherever I am, I have real people around me who actually love and care for me.  
Equally when I post on here, I show the same diligence and dedication. 
Unconcerned with comments from people who likely could not hold a candle to me in real life. 
So I stand by everything that I write ???? Not so easy to rattle me ???? I have solid backing. 

Uh huh, I’m not like that at all. I think that may be one factor why I don’t really like living in Pattaya. I don’t like other people much in general. Seems like Pattaya is full of people that like to cahoot. That’s what the bar scene is, mostly.

I like being on my own in nature better, at least in my native country. It’s hard to do in a foreign country though. I feel like I need to be in the city to access food, etc, esp with no driving license, the language barrier, just the weirdness of being way out there in a foreign land…

6 hours ago, JimTripper said:

Uh huh, I’m not like that at all. I think that may be one factor why I don’t really like living in Pattaya. I don’t like other people much in general. Seems like Pattaya is full of people that like to cahoot. That’s what the bar scene is, mostly.

I like being on my own in nature better, at least in my native country. It’s hard to do in a foreign country though. I feel like I need to be in the city to access food, etc, esp with no driving license, the language barrier, just the weirdness of being way out there in a foreign land…

That’s why it’s important to live in a nice place. That way you can enjoy your surroundings at least. I fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the sea and still have a fair bit of greenery around. Whereas if you live in the centre, it’s not beautiful nor inspiring. You need to keep contact with nature. That’s why you have to take the time to explore. To find the places that suit you. 
No different to when I would live on the islands. Seek out nooks and crannies and make them yours. 
You need to create a life for yourself. You can’t just live in a radius of 100 metres of your apartment. They are all kinds of things to do in Pattaya. Even though everyone is a bit weird, they are a bit normal too. Some will do regular walking exercise at Phra Tamnak/Buddha Hill. The become part of a community who over time will recognise each other. Cycling/walking at Maprachan. I like exploring and finding new places. Take the time to improve your health, relax and actually enjoy your life. Otherwise, what’s the point? I’m not here to make friends. I’m here for me. To learn to become more self sufficient as I get older. Not less capable and afraid. That’s going the wrong way. Explore. Get a bicycle ????

14 minutes ago, NextG said:

That’s why it’s important to live in a nice place. That way you can enjoy your surroundings at least. I fall asleep and wake up to the sound of the sea and still have a fair bit of greenery around. Whereas if you live in the centre, it’s not beautiful nor inspiring. You need to keep contact with nature. That’s why you have to take the time to explore. To find the places that suit you. 
No different to when I would live on the islands. Seek out nooks and crannies and make them yours. 
You need to create a life for yourself. You can’t just live in a radius of 100 metres of your apartment. They are all kinds of things to do in Pattaya. Even though everyone is a bit weird, they are a bit normal too. Some will do regular walking exercise at Phra Tamnak/Buddha Hill. The become part of a community who over time will recognise each other. Cycling/walking at Maprachan. I like exploring and finding new places. Take the time to improve your health, relax and actually enjoy your life. Otherwise, what’s the point? I’m not here to make friends. I’m here for me. To learn to become more self sufficient as I get older. Not less capable and afraid. That’s going the wrong way. Explore. Get a bicycle ????

I think a lot of my dissatisfaction is not being able to buy a piece of land and a house here and really settle in. I think I will end up eventually going back to the USA and buying a piece of property, like a cabin on a couple acres or something.

I have been in Thailand around 10 years and was happy the first 7 or so but it’s been downhill ever since the pandemic hit. I also don’t like the idea of getting old alone here without a family or support system. At least in the USA I would have a permanent property, could dig in and take it from there. It’s getting to the time I need to start thinking about that.

In Thailand I’m renting places but it feels transitory even on a year lease. I also don’t want to live forever in a condo.