Education and O visa questions

I am absolutely confused to the high hells on what to do here. 

So we are in Thailand. We arrived on visa exemption. Our child enrolled into a senior school here, she's 13. The school has said her getting an education visa is not an issue. They have said it may well be tricky for me or my partner.

We do not have bank accounts here in Thailand.  

During covid, my partner was granted an O visa, and my daughter an Education visa. But we did that whilst in the UK, anticipating joining the school in Thailand. In the end because of covid we didn't even travel ! 

So will my child be easily granted an education visa? Furthermore, is it for single entry ?! Or is he allowed to leave the country and then return ? I ask, because we have a wedding back in the UK and plan to return back for Christmas to be with family. 

So what do me and my partner do? None of us have issues with taking the odd flight out of the country (eg Singapore, Malaysia) every month (infact we would love to!). Can we keep doing this indefinately or will we eventually be stopped ? 

Furthermore i was thinking should i just apply to the UK high commission like we did before to an education visa and O visa? Or would that mean that we would need to travel from the UK for it to be valid, eg do they ask to see tickets as part of the application?!

What other options are open to me? We are not over 50, and we have no bank account in Thailand ! 

I am utterly lost as you may well gather by ramblings ! Any help would be welcome. 

3 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

What other options are open to me? We are not over 50, and we have no bank account in Thailand !

Not so much posting advice.

Bumping your thread.

3 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

Can we keep doing this indefinately or will we eventually be stopped ? 

If you are referring to exit and return visa exempt also exit and obtain SETV etc ..

Yes would eventually be stopped.

What's the plan? Meaning how long do you wish to remain in Thailand 

7 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

So will my child be easily granted an education visa? Furthermore, is it for single entry ?! Or is he allowed to leave the country and then return ? I ask, because we have a wedding back in the UK and plan to return back for Christmas to be with family

I can't comment on how easily he will get a visa, but leaving the country for a wedding shouldn't be an issue; your son will just need to apply for a re-entry permit either from an immigration office or from the airport before he flies.

10 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

I am absolutely confused to the high hells on what to do here. 

So we are in Thailand. We arrived on visa exemption. Our child enrolled into a senior school here, she's 13. The school has said her getting an education visa is not an issue. They have said it may well be tricky for me or my partner.

We do not have bank accounts here in Thailand.  

During covid, my partner was granted an O visa, and my daughter an Education visa. But we did that whilst in the UK, anticipating joining the school in Thailand. In the end because of covid we didn't even travel ! 

So will my child be easily granted an education visa? Furthermore, is it for single entry ?! Or is he allowed to leave the country and then return ? I ask, because we have a wedding back in the UK and plan to return back for Christmas to be with family. 

So what do me and my partner do? None of us have issues with taking the odd flight out of the country (eg Singapore, Malaysia) every month (infact we would love to!). Can we keep doing this indefinately or will we eventually be stopped ? 

Furthermore i was thinking should i just apply to the UK high commission like we did before to an education visa and O visa? Or would that mean that we would need to travel from the UK for it to be valid, eg do they ask to see tickets as part of the application?!

I am utterly lost as you may well gather by ramblings ! Any help would be welcome. 

For what purpose before did your PARTNER get the Non O Visa?

You say PARTNER...are Man and Lady? 

What passport nation is your PARTNER?

The child can get the Ed Visa...as before.

BUT ONLY ONE GUARDIAN VISA id ls available per child.

To go get the ONE GUARDIAN VISA, a deposit of 500,000 Thai baht no needs to be made in a Thai bank in the name of the one parent obtaining the Guardian Visa.

As for the second parent... that's going to be a challenge. Possibly consider getting a job teaching in Thailand... which will get you One Non B Visa for the teacher and POSSIBLY a Non O Visa for the other spouse if the school employer agrees.

Or enroll in a legitimate school for the Ed Visa for One year. With possibility of two years. Chiang Mai University School of Thai language is an excellent option.

DO NOT ???? pay under the table for an illegally obtained Ed Visa or Volunteer Visa  . They are the scourge of all who have them with ongoing crackdown underway by Thai Immigration Officers 

10 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

1. Thai Elite Visa - 5 years for 600,000 baht each - apply before September 15 because prices expected to go up. 

2. LTR visa Wealthy Global Citizen - hold USD $ 1,000,000 in assets and invest USD$ 500,000 in Thai bonds, Foreign direct investment, or Thai property. I believe if you are married only one of you has to get this visa. Spouse and children can be added on.

3. One parent can get a visa based on the child being in school, I think.

4. Apply to qualified education program and get ED visa. Since ED visas have been abused, the Elite Visa program may never accept you. You must go to classes.