Pattaya to Enforce Odd-Even Day Parking Rules on South Pattaya Road

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya — Pattaya City will enforce the odd and even day parking rules on South Pattaya Road from September 1st, 2023.

The rule stipulates that parking will be allowed on alternate odd and even days from 11:00 AM to 11:00 PM every day, starting from Sue San Intersection to Wat Chai Mongkhon Intersection.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/23/pattaya-to-enforce-odd-even-day-parking-rules-on-south-pattaya-road/

-- THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-08-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Example, on odd number days, you can only park on the North side and NOT the South side, then on even numbered days you can only park on the South side and NOT the North.

I've seen cars and bikes towed away in the past.

Edited by bbko
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

It doesn't really explain how that works? park odd days only? even days only? one side only? alternate sides?

Have a few roads in Trat like that, one side Even dates, other side Odd dates, not hard to understand, the only problem is knowing what the frigging date is. :giggle: 

They could have at least shown the sign in this report. the ones in Trat are the same as a clearway sign with ODD DATES or EVEN DATES written underneath.

downloadclearway.jpg.81250f6bcfcdeff3f1e430947b4ff314.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bbko said:

Example, on odd number days, you can only park on the North side and NOT the South side, then on even numbered days you can only park on the South side and NOT the North.

Will they be handing out compasses also?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Will they be handing out compasses also?

The signs on each side of the road are clear as long as (as another poster mentioned) you remember the actual date. Surprised you have not noticed them before. 

I don't go there often enough any more to remember which side is which but you don't need a compass (although there is probably an app for that........:smile:)

Edited by topt

35 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Most Thais don't know what month it is, let alone the date/day.

The ones parking their car there everyday do
i never know what day or date it is
i used to just look which side was full of parked cars and which only had a few

4 hours ago, bbko said:

Yes I was clamped there ..went on 7 for a water came out big chain on the bike..so what's new about this law .. isn't it the same 

19 hours ago, mikebell said:

Most Thais don't know what month it is, let alone the date/day.

So if we go from the 31st, to the 1st,,there is no change? Better brush up on my 30 days have September, April, June and November......