Pizza by the Slice in Bangkok

BugJackBaron

On behalf of all late night drinkers who require a slice of Pizza in Nana or other areas after a goof night of imbibing, I would like to know where, where, O where did the slice of Pizza venders go?

I remember there was a good in Nana but it seems to have long gone.

Inquiring drinkers want to know! I want to know!

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Pala Pizza near the Asok station is the best I have found in Bangkok. 

It is the best. Also a somewhat upscale restaurant that closes at 11pm. Truthfully not sure what they would think of the drunken Nana crowd. ????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, marin said:

It is the best. Also a somewhat upscale restaurant that closes at 11pm. Truthfully not sure what they would think of the drunken Nana crowd. ????

Then there is a  great business opportunity for someone who want to open a later operating venue in Nana or Soi Cowboy.

59 minutes ago, BugJackBaron said:

Thanks, is it any good? Not that you care too much if you have the munchies at  2am.

Good luck finding pizza slices after 2am.  Most pizza places don't even sell slices.  

Try 7-11 ... as stated, at that hour and degree of inebriation, who cares.

image.png.f7d5f02dd30e3a1f7a9cc0d28ce6faee.png

image.png.5bda610ac837391112ff5e1b0184f224.png

Mentioned 'pala pizza', not exactly round the corner, but also not open at that hour

image.png.c2b63d799a7f1555c496542a1940e7d4.png

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The late, lamented Ronnie's NY Pizza on Soi Nana was great.  Covid killed it.

If you want a slice of real NY Pizza, go to SOHO on Soi 11, up near the top of the soi.

Maybe even better than Ronnie's was.  It's not cheap-120 baht for a slice of cheese-but

its really good.  Pala is OK, if you like the thick, bready, square slice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LALes said:

If you want a slice of real NY Pizza, go to SOHO on Soi 11, up near the top of the soi.

Maybe even better than Ronnie's was.  It's not cheap-120 baht for a slice of cheese-but

Great, is it a late night venue?

3 hours ago, LALes said:

SoHo is the winner for late night pizza, huge slices, tasty, and open till 3-4am, depend on day via Gmaps ????

A good idea to offer customer a choice of the full pot belly portions or smaller half portions.

It will help fight obesity and related issues by eating unhealthy food with high levels of fat.

As they say, you can eat or drink anything...provided with moderation. Don't drink or eat yourself to death as there a still many wonderful soapys to visit in life ????

• Sad 1

On 8/24/2023 at 12:33 PM, KhunLA said:

Good luck finding pizza slices after 2am.  Most pizza places don't even sell slices.  

Try 7-11 ... as stated, at that hour and degree of inebriation, who cares.

image.png.f7d5f02dd30e3a1f7a9cc0d28ce6faee.png

image.png.5bda610ac837391112ff5e1b0184f224.png

Mentioned 'pala pizza', not exactly round the corner, but also not open at that hour

image.png.c2b63d799a7f1555c496542a1940e7d4.png

7-11 pizza probably not that much different to what Americans are used to anyway ????

Sorry ????

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Tookea said:

The best pizza in Bangkok - possibly all of mainland Thailand - is Vesuvius.  And next door is kick*** massage joint. Not far from Nana. Been there for a number of years so must be doing something right.

Are you an American? They love to make these kinds of definitive statements. 
I took a look, but once I saw they put pineapple on pizza, I tuned out. 

15 minutes ago, Tookea said:

The best pizza in Bangkok - possibly all of mainland Thailand - is Vesuvius.  And next door is kick*** massage joint. Not far from Nana. Been there for a number of years so must be doing something right.

Meh. Had a calzone from there and it was terrible, mostly dough. Won't order from them again unless they're comping me to make up for their sins.

9 minutes ago, NextG said:

7-11 pizza probably not that much different to what Americans are used to anyway ????

Sorry ????

????

I've had pizza as good, but yet to have one beating what I would order in the USA.  Or any other ethnic food, with exception of Thai of course, although I've had excellent Thai in USA, and better than most that is served up here, that's relative to finer dining & cost though.  

SoHo Pizza on Suk 11 is damn good, though daughter was disappointed last time she ordered, though not sure if from Suk 11 branch.

Edited by KhunLA

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

Are you an American? They love to make these kinds of definitive statements. 
I took a look, but once I saw they put pineapple on pizza, I tuned out. 

I had a Hawaii Five-O last night from Soho at the Commons, Sala Daeng. It was very yummy, nice mix of savoury and sweet plus a bit of heat from the chili powder.

People who decry pineapple on a pizza are either Italian snobs or wannabes.

Next you'll be telling me that a kebab meat pizza is the work of the devil ????

3 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

I had a Hawaii Five-O last night from Soho at the Commons, Sala Daeng. It was very yummy, nice mix of savoury and sweet plus a bit of heat from the chili powder.

What is a ‘wannabe’? Someone who wants to be an Italian snob or some who doesn’t want to eat cr@p?
Kebab meat ????☺️

7 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Now ... anything goes, and depending on one's mood, and desire, it all tastes good.

Pizza is simply a flatbread ... and welcomes anything you want to put on top of it.  No different than; flatbread, bread, pita, rolls, wraps, tortilla, naan, and simply a conveyance of your favorite food.

I will draw the line on anchovies, that's just gross, and not a fan of olives, on or in anything.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

????

I've had pizza as good, but yet to have one beating what I would order in the USA.  Or any other ethnic food, with exception of Thai of course, although I've had excellent Thai in USA, and better than most that is served up here, that's relative to finer dining & cost though.  

SoHo Pizza on Suk 11 is damn good, though daughter was disappointed last time she ordered, though not sure if from Suk 11 branch.

I guess one gets used to things in a certain way. I’m sure we’ve had this discussion before, wherein the ‘top rated’ pizza in the USA is Italian style. 
Anyone who calls pizza, a pie is automatically disqualified, in my book, from rating pizza at all. It’s a pizza!

Edited by NextG

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Now ... anything goes, and depending on one's mood, and desire, it all tastes good.

Pizza is simply a flatbread ... and welcomes anything you want to put on top of it.  No different than; flatbread, bread, pita, rolls, wraps, tortilla, naan, and simply a conveyance of your favorite food.

I will draw the line on anchovies, that's just gross, and not a fan of olives, on or in anything.

☺️
Of course it’s different. Different ingredients, different taste, different texture. 
American don’t care, as long as it piled on. Quantity over quality. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, NextG said:

☺️
Of course it’s different. Different ingredients, different taste, different texture. 
American don’t care, as long as it piled on. Quantity over quality. 

I guess you don't know any Yanks that have eating good pizza.  My one chickie friend use to have a pizza & hoagie/sandwich shop ... excellent.  Along with a cousin owning same.   I've rarely had a bad pizza in the USA.  

Way too many crap pizzas here.  To the point, I don't roll the dice often, and just make at home.  My pizza bread/rolls at home (when lazy) is better than most pizza here.

Cheese is their biggest weak point, and why I usually get pepperoni here, as makes up for the lack of flavorful or amount of cheese they use.

10 minutes ago, NextG said:

What is a ‘wannabe’? Someone who wants to be an Italian snob or some who doesn’t want to eat cr@p?
Kebab meat ????☺️

Someone who wants to be an Italian snob. I don't know why you say that a Hawaiian pizza is crap food, I have them occasionally and when done correctly they are very tasty and probably less unhealthier than say a pepperoni or sausage pizza.

Also if you haven't had a kebab meat pizza from a Turkish joint, or a Halal Snack Pack with garlic and chili sauce, then you haven't lived.

Same goes for Lebanese breakfast pizza aka manoush. I'm sure the Italians turn their nose up at that too. "you can't put marinated lamb and halloumi cheese on a pizza, wah wah wah".

Oh yes you can...

IMG_20211029_085541_992.jpg

2 minutes ago, Lemsta69 said:

Someone who wants to be an Italian snob. I don't know why you say that a Hawaiian pizza is crap food, I have them occasionally and when done correctly they are very tasty and probably less unhealthier than say a pepperoni or sausage pizza.

Also if you haven't had a kebab meat pizza from a Turkish joint, or a Halal Snack Pack with garlic and chili sauce, then you haven't lived.

Same goes for Lebanese breakfast pizza aka manoush. I'm sure the Italians turn their nose up at that too. "you can't put marinated lamb and halloumi cheese on a pizza, wah wah wah".

Oh yes you can...

IMG_20211029_085541_992.jpg

Yes, I’ve had Turkish PIDE. Different bread, different taste, different texture. It’s not all the same. 
Lebanese Manousheh is a case in point. The cheese ised is not some grated ‘mozzarella’ replete with potato starch, but a quality ingredient, such as akkawi.